“Highly recommended - an excellent family venue”

Le Dol'Mene aux Saveurs
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Having explored the old town of Dol and the interesting cathedral, our little folk were feeling decidedly peckish. We four adults needed a break too! We were delighted to discover this traditional French creperie - the staff were very welcoming and we were ushered into the cellar area. The table was perfect for the four adults and two children - lots of space and a lovely atmospheric ambiance. We sampled and shared a variety of savoury and sweet dishes; lingered over good coffee and thoroughly enjoyed the informal dining experience.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We were in D'ol de Bretagne and decided to stay for dinner. We found the restaurant by accident as it is slightly up a side street. It had a really lovely atmosphere very friendly welcome .... even with our broken French. Great choice of dishes. Very reasonably priced. Service was excellent and restaurant was full after about 30 mins. Would recommend it to anyone visiting the area. Lots of locals there too so must be consistently good. Everything cooked fresh on the spot, very tasty

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We recently visited Dol-De-Bretagne in France on a journey back to the campsite and we decide to treat ourselves to a meal out with the kids.

We walked the main street and as it was evening time, there was only 3 or 4 choices.

We looked at all and to be honest, we were not overwhelmed with the menus, the look of them anyway. So out with the smart phone and looked for recommendations. Le Dol'Mene Aux Saveurs came up as recommended so we said, despite the old fashion menu on the street, we would give it a shot.

Boy we were happy we did.

The staff were very friendly, the restaurant was a very traditional French restaurant and was full of people.

I was delighted. All these people can't be wrong.

We were led to a wonderful cellar like room with a large table easily able to hold all of us comfortably.

We had this place to ourselves, so the kids could talk freely as kids do and even though the room soon filled with other family, the atmosphere & staff attitude did not change.

Our waitress was very friendly and the menu was extensive.

I was hungry so chose the burger. Now this is where I found out what a Traditional French Creperie is.

Out my burger comes and I look quizzicality at my wife who speaks French & has lived in France in the past. No help there...

I was even more hungry at this point so I tucked in.

It was a crepe with a burger in the inside. It was beautiful. Now it took me a while to get over the No Bread buns or beef patty but the burger I got was spectacular & I would think 100% better for me.

The portions were great, the service was excellent and it was reasonable in price.

Now, the warning & lesson learned, there is no McDonalds sign above the door, so do not expect a Creperie to serve a Big Mac....

2  Thank Markiqutech
Reviewed 19 October 2016

We enjoyed our evening meal here. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the service was very good. I had a galette (La Fringale) for main course which consisted of egg, emmental cheese, cream, cooked onions and smoked ham (cost 6.70 euros). For dessert I had Douceur des bois which consisted of chestnut cream, vanilla ice cream, chantilly cream and crushed nuts caramelised (cost 6 euros). My companions selected other options from the varied menu and we all enjoyed the food very much.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Just off the main street, this somewhat insignificant looking restaurant provides good service and offers the seemingly best value galettes in town. Two tasty main dishes, two desserts and two cups of the local cider came in at a little over 30 euros. A bargain and highly recommended.