All reviewsrest and relaxationbeach volleyballnice balconypublic beachpool bardance lessonsbeach towelsbuffet restaurantinfinityvaleriofridgealcoholsandexcursionsanimation
Reviewed 19 March 2018

the stay was pretty okay the rooms were nice this staff member that works at the buffet named jenny is very good and nice to talk to, another two staff members named Jamie and libanesa are very fun and energetic because they started up volley ball every day and showed us how to dance. Also we liked how every day at the buffet was a different type of meal. but some bad parts were that Its super hard to understand some of the none English speaking staff and it drove us crazy!. but other then that it is pretty okay house cleaning staff can do a better job they did not removed dirty dishes and empty bottles from bathroom line up at the two bars can be very long waiting volly ball court need more sand lots of fine stones

Room Tip: Building one is very nice
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank aalli7
Reviewed 18 March 2018

A BIG THANK YOU for taking care of me and my boyfriend. We just spent one night and was more than enough to see how wonderful was the property and the staff.
We had a room on the 4th floor, amazing views, and we had dinner at Tracadero, the place right next to the hotel, beautiful spot as well.
We highly recommend this property for couples and families!
Super clean, well maintained and beautiful pools!
Breakfast is great as well!
THANK YOU WHALA BAYAHIBE for being such a great host!

Gema

Room Tip: 4th and 5th floor have an amazing view of the beach!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We were at Whala Bayahibe from Mar 2nd - Mar 9th. Overall we had a great time!!!
The food was ok, nothing spectacular, we never went hungry, there was lots of salads & fruits that I liked. There was variety every day & the staff in the restaurant were very helpful. Jenny is very pleasant and accommodating. By the pool, we got pizza & fish & chips or chicken & chips. The wait time was not that long & if you are nice to the staff, they will do things faster for you. We ate by the beach one evening , they had the same menu as the buffet. There was not much entertainment at night except for the dancing. It was good value for the price that we paid.

Now, I have to tell you about the cons...when we checked in, we asked for two rooms side by side as I had my elderly aunt with me, but they put us in rooms in TWO DIFFERENT buildings!!! They did not have the courtesy to tell us that we were in different buildings. They said that we will be moved to be beside each other the next morning. At night, there were lots of little bugs that would come up from the drainage system into our sink & shower. When we asked to be moved out of that room & beside my aunt the next morning, they said that nothing was available!!! In the mean time my
aunts bathroom was plugged, so there was water all over the floor every day. On the third day her sewer system was totally blocked & there was this awful smell coming & when they were notified... they sent five people to fix the problem from the inside & outside. We all finally got moved to a different building, while our rooms were on thesame floor, they were NOT beside each other...that was ok because by now our expectations had changed. The next night - March 5th there was no water in the taps, so I called them at 2.00am & notified them, and they said that they were working on it.
When we got up at 6.00 am to go on a excursion, there was still NO water in the taps!!!
There was NO water in other buildings too.
This sums up what you can expect at the resort. The worst part is the reception staff giving us the run around.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheila S
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel from the 9th to the 11th. Although the hotel was hard to find, as we got there there was nothing but love. From security at your entrance, to the wonderful receptionist Valerio to all the staff, everyone was amazing. Comfortable accomodations, great food and beautiful view, it's everything for a great vacation! I would recommend 100%

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2018

This review is meant for the guy of Nexus tours. José helped us a lot with a nice holiday and good memories. only watch out for your pizza. he likes to have a piece of it;)

if you need any advise for currency, car rental, cave visiting, Casa de Campos;), isla Saona or a night out. He knows

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends