Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$291
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$562
US$472
US$453
US$228
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$207
US$805
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
US$475
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
US$375
US$337
Agoda.com
US$380
Orbitz.com
6,469 results
All reviewswave poollazy riverstar friendskids clubswim up barseafoodcajun restaurantice creamspecialty restaurantsplaya del carmenjambalayael fogonother resortsfamily vacationmain buffetcoconut shrimpdinner reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2006

This was our second trip to the Iberostar Lindo. We stayed from December 23 thru 30, 2006. I'm happy to report that the Lindo is totally up and running with very little sign of Hurricane damage. The weather was incredible every day (85F and no clouds). The ocean was 83F and the pool was 75F (cold but refreshing). Although we went over Xmas break, the resort did not seem overcrowded. We stayed in building #53 in a standard very clean room that faced the pool with a wrap around balcony. Noise was never an issue. Our room was spotlessly clean and we received towel art daily. Our mini bar was always stocked with water and pop. The beach was beautiful with no seaweed or garbage anywhere. There were plenty of lounge chairs and palapas available on the beach daily. My daughter and I did Mexican pottery at the beach late in the day. It was a lot of fun but costly for the pieces. There was nothing under $10US but a lot to choose from. We took the shuttle into Playa Del Carmen. It runs from 9am-9pm from the Hotel lobby. If you require hair braiding this is the place to do it. Half head for $15US or hold head for $25US plus $5US for beads. Playa is great for T-shirts, silver and such. We also went to Xel-Ha for a full day all-inclusive scuba excursion. It cost us $300US (2 adults, 2 kids) for the full day including all food, drinks, scuba gear, lockers, towels and transportation. We had a blast! The only complaint that I have about the Lindo is regarding dinner reservations. We made all our reservations upon our arrival. I was not able to reserve the Japanese restaurant during our entire stay at any time. I had difficulty making reservations period. I was annoyed when I went to dinner between 7pm-8pm every night and found the restaurant was 50% empty!! It didn't matter what restaurant we went to, they were all 50% empty and there was usually a line up of people without reservations trying to get in for dinner. The only thing I can say is that perhaps they were under staffed and couldn't handle any more people. I would recommend the Seafood and Italian and I heard that the Japanese was excellent. OVERALL, we loved our stay and the entertainment staff (Jaine and Armondo) really make your stay complete. There is never a dull moment. 2 thumbs up!! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends. You won't be disappointed.

31  Thank RHimelfarb
Reviewed 4 January 2006

Since I read so many reviews before my trip, I felt that I should post and let people know what I thought about the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo during my stay over christmas vacation.

1. there was virtually no hurricane damage
2. The grounds and the facility were lovely, the pools were all nice, lots of places for shade for those who want it, the beach was pretty but not as many available places for shade (they get saved very early in the morning)
3. The staff was very helpful but I had requested a crib before I arrived and there was no crib available when we got there at 11:30 at night. And we had to wait 2 hours to get a crib.
4. Not that much specific activity geared for teenagers but there were lots of teens there.
5. The facility was very large - if you are going with anyone who has trouble walking, it will not be an appropriate place for them. Also, the Lindo has no elevators - so if you are older or have a baby in a stroller, I recommend requesting the first floor.
6. The signage was very limited... i found the map confusing - i even found a mistake on it. It took awhile to figure out how to navigate between the different hotels and the few signs they had didn't help.
7. The food was really awful. It was plentiful but poor quality. We ate in the a la carte restaurants 5 out of 6 nights because they were supposed to be better but we were still disappointed in the meals. The only restaurant that was good was the gourmet but children under 12 aren't able to eat there. There were lots of drinks but they had very little alcohol in them and the wine wasn't good at all and they didn't have any top shelf liquor. If you want good meals this is not the place to go.
8. We went to the dolphins at xcaret...it was expensive ($149 per person) but fantastic. I had swum with dolphins before but this experience far surpassed my first experience. Bring your own water camera... their photos are outrageously expensive.
9. Request a room with a pool view... we had a courtyard view and it wasn't that nice.
10. The Maya has suites and elevators....i don't know the price differential but it might be worth it.
11. Overall, we had a good time. If the food had been good it would have been much better. I feel that for the money they should have better food. I don't think this place is everyone. If you're looking for a quiet, intimate vacation - don't go here - particularly on a school vacation week. If you're older and have trouble walking, definitely don't go here. I hope this helps.

22  Thank Carolf1108
A TripAdvisor Member
Acton, MA
Reviewed 4 January 2006

First and foremost...travellers to Playa Del Carmen generally need not worry about Wilma affecting them. The families native to the area have suffered, but have worked beautifully to clean up hotels and resorts and shopping downtown.

Iberostar is like nothing we have in the USA !! It is Club Med, as I have been to Club Med, BUT MUCH NICER !!! Specifically, I'm recommmending the accommodations, the restaurants, the activities, the cleanliness, the comfort, the hospitality and the beauty of the Paraiso Lindo...but I would surely say the Maya is quite nice, though more money for as easy access to the SAME restaurants, pools, beach, shops etc. The Paraiso Beach and Del Mar seem very nice as well, and may save you a bit in pesos! :-)

We went as a party of 10 (6 adults and 4 kids ages 9-14). We all have travelled extensively throughout Europe, the Carribbean, on land, on cruises, throughout NYC, New England, the National Parks, Alaska...etc... and BY FAR this was rated the BEST vacation ANY of us have had (only my Mom is no longer here to have enjoyed this absolutely heavenly experience with us.)

We were there at Christmas vacation...so the restaurants were VERY difficult to book. My advice, as soon as you set foot in the Resort...run to a concierge and book your reservations for the WEEK...Unless you enjoy eating at 9 pm. The buffets for dinner are GREAT...but 8 days of buffets gets OLD! For restaurants...I'd recommend:

Japanese, either Maya or Paraiso Beach...same menus..less of a rush in Paraiso Beach...Nothing much different than Benihana that we've all seen, but the fried rice and tempura vegetables are GREAT !! And do not hesitate to ask for extra of anything !!!

Italian...loved it, though menu limited...great desserts.

French...very limited menu...gourmet and no one under 12 admitted

Steak houses...eh...it's a steak!

Mexican...some family members loved it...I visited the "captain" at the Japanese restaurant with a $10 bill and got a reservation same day for the rest of the family who didn't feel like Mexican food that night. Definately visiting the captain of the restaurant in PERSON is the way to go of the concierge cannot help you...

Enough of food....the wave pool is a blast! The beach was crowded and the grilled food there was eh....

The night time shows were okay...but remember, many many many smokers still exist in this world..both cigarettes and CIGARS ....you can tell, we were not smokers!

ASK IN ADVANCE FOR NON-SMOKING rooms and ask to be put in rooms that are NOT directly in front of the concierge desk or the stairways...people speak LOUDLY at 7 AM :-)

Day trips...we went to Xel Ha and Tulum and swum with the dolphins at Xel Ha (for $115 per person)...Highly recommend Xel Ha if you like to snorkel and are not a very experienced snorkeller...nothing extravagant, but you sure do get right in with the fish! Loved the dolphins, it's like being an assistant in the water at Sea World...once in a lifetime experience...wouldn't need to do it again...

Snorkling off of the Catamaran out of Maroma Marina is WELL worth the mere $40 for a half day trip...and you MUST do the Spinaker Swing if you haven't...it's a wilder and lower ride than parasailing, and is included in the $40 fee....I'm 40 years old and would have to say I'll never jump from an airplane...but this made my heart pitter patter just the same!!

In summary...if you are thinking about Iberostar Lindo...GO..GO...GO..I cannot imagine you won't just LOVE IT!

33  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed 4 January 2006

Was a little worried having read some of the postings regarding the Hurricane effects, but aside from some beach damage and dive shop damage, most everything seemed to be in perfect working order. Upon arrival our group was immediately bumped from the Lindo to the Maya without even asking, I assume this was due to the damage, a very nice start to the trip. A lot of work being done on the beach, but strong winds and rough waters kept us by the pool anyways. Took the trip with friends and found that there was plenty to do in terms of nightly entertainment. Food was great, much to my surprise, Cajun Restaraunt and Japanese Steakhouse were outstanding. Only complaint was the Seafood Restaraunt, I strongly suggest that you skip this place (unless you enjoy tuna steaks that are tougher to chew than beef jerky), do the buffet a second time if you have already eaten at all the other places for dinner. No one in my party of 8 enjoyed their meal.

• Stayed: December 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 December 2005

I spent Xmas with a group of 9 with kids ranging from 9-16 yrs old. Overall the Lindo is a very nice resort. I have stayed at several Iberostars [including their adjacent Parasio del Mar resort]and this was was very well run - quite clean, organized, attentive, 24 hour room service, etc.

This is a large resort so you will spend a fair amount of time going back and forth. They have some great pool features including a lazy river to float in a tube and a fun separate wave pool but the water temperature is too cold for almost everyone to go in. Such a shame! No one was occupying the stools at the swim up bar.

The beach was kept very clean and I have never been to a resort with more palapas so you don't have to worry about baking in the sun if you are yearning shade.

Similar to the Parasio Del Mar [which basically shares the same long beach] the water in the swim area has many large rocks/boulder in the water so there are really only 1 or two areas that people play around that are free from the rocks.

Also, this part of the coast gets more waves than further down towards Playa del Carmen so you may want to bring a boogie board - surprisingly the resort did not have any in their watersports stock.

Otherwise, this is another nice Iberostar resort. Rooms are quite large with large porches. Food is just okay and the buffets don't change at all from one day to another.

Last note: as there are few resorts around this area it is quite peaceful... very different than the wall-to-wall resorts that line the Playa del Carmen area.

• Stayed: December 2005