I feel that the hotel is very pretty, food not as great as other hotels I have been to, The room was nice, we had a view to the pool. The pool areas are not as beautiful as the pictures show you. They are okay, but I expected more modern cleaner design and materials around the pool. We preferred to go to the beach and sit at the lounge chairs available. What really disappointed me, it's how in their web page is not clear that the Paraiso Maya and the Paraiso Lindo share areas and pool and beach. So you are paying higher for the Paraiso Maya, expecting a bit more exclusivity. The plus to staying at the Paraiso Maya was the free wet areas at the spa (which we enjoyed every afternoon, and staff was extra nice), and the few restaurants special for the Paraiso Maya. And I guest rooms at the Paraiso Mayan are a bit larger because they are suites, with a little sofa sitting area. We had a nice hamaca in our 1st floor balcony.
We liked the L'etoile french restaurant. The Pagoda, japanese was not the best in our opinion. We liked the El Rancho steakhouse a lot, and the salad bar they offer. For breakfast I would suggest The Marina, the buffet they offered was very vast with selection. For lunch, the best buffet was not near the pools but near Parasio Lindo's lobby, called La Laguna.
What upset me the most, was trying to get in touch with the hotel, I sent several emails with requests and reservations for the restaurants. Never got answers. When I got there, I had no answers, the requests were ignored and people at the reception seemed to not care at all. It's not a cheap hotel to be treated like that. They did not care even if I told them I review a lot for tripadvisor. Staff training for this chain of hotels doesn't really know or they don't care that there are many magnificent spectacular hotel chains and small hotels around that have exceptional staff training focused on guest relations. Too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya