5,791 results
All reviews iberostar paraiso wave pool seafood la marina lazy river snake bar la geisha lindo buffet superior junior suite el tapatio private pool star friends kids club specialty restaurants french restaurant family vacation other resorts
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I feel that the hotel is very pretty, food not as great as other hotels I have been to, The room was nice, we had a view to the pool. The pool areas are not as beautiful as the pictures show you. They are okay, but I expected more modern cleaner design and materials around the pool. We preferred to go to the beach and sit at the lounge chairs available. What really disappointed me, it's how in their web page is not clear that the Paraiso Maya and the Paraiso Lindo share areas and pool and beach. So you are paying higher for the Paraiso Maya, expecting a bit more exclusivity. The plus to staying at the Paraiso Maya was the free wet areas at the spa (which we enjoyed every afternoon, and staff was extra nice), and the few restaurants special for the Paraiso Maya. And I guest rooms at the Paraiso Mayan are a bit larger because they are suites, with a little sofa sitting area. We had a nice hamaca in our 1st floor balcony.
We liked the L'etoile french restaurant. The Pagoda, japanese was not the best in our opinion. We liked the El Rancho steakhouse a lot, and the salad bar they offer. For breakfast I would suggest The Marina, the buffet they offered was very vast with selection. For lunch, the best buffet was not near the pools but near Parasio Lindo's lobby, called La Laguna.

What upset me the most, was trying to get in touch with the hotel, I sent several emails with requests and reservations for the restaurants. Never got answers. When I got there, I had no answers, the requests were ignored and people at the reception seemed to not care at all. It's not a cheap hotel to be treated like that. They did not care even if I told them I review a lot for tripadvisor. Staff training for this chain of hotels doesn't really know or they don't care that there are many magnificent spectacular hotel chains and small hotels around that have exceptional staff training focused on guest relations. Too bad.

Room Tip: we had a room overlooking the pool area, building 16
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya to spend your recent holidays at the Riviera Maya.

Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel, your room and the kind service of our staff.

On the other hand, it is important to mention that our guests staying at Paraiso Maya have extra benefits, such as free access to the wet areas at the Spa which they usually have an extra charge of 40 USD, the rooms are larger and they have a whirlpool bath, extra a la carte restaurants to choose from and two private pools exclusively for our guests staying at Paraiso Maya, one is located next to building 65 and the other one next to building 60.

We apologize for any inconvenience prior your stay with us, our Guest Service department is always willing to assist our guests before, during and after you stay, we truly apologize if you did not received the cordial and attentive service that characterizes us. We will share your review with our Chief Concierge who will give the proper follow up to your comments and will take the corrective measures to improve our service.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back in a near future to offer you the exceptional service we are used to at IBEROSTAR.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went for our 25th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. This was the most amazing vacation we have ever been on. The staff is super friendly and the property is gorgeous. We stayed in building 60 which is VERY close to the beach, pools and a few of the buffets. The food and drinks were delicious! We did bring $100 in singles and tipped the bartenders and the golf cart drivers a $1 or $2 every time. They LOVED us! Can't wait to go back again! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Room Tip: Building 60
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary G
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya to spend you vacations and for letting us be part of such a special celebration as it is your 25th wedding anniversary.

Our main goal is to provide a kind and cordial service to our guests and ensure they are having the best vacation experience ever. Your comments motivate us to keep doing an excellent job and we will definitely share them with our entire team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

My husband, and I stayed nine days at the Maya this September. Travelled with another couple. This is our second time at this resort. The food, drinks, restaurant, bar, and cleaning staff were all wonderful! Literally the only complaint that any of us had were the daily early morning phone calls, and harassment trying to get us to sign up for the Iberostar club. I don't appreciate being woken up daily while I'm on vacation. I've never stayed at a resort where they have done this before. And they never did it when we stayed at this resort in 2011.
It certainly didn't ruin our trip. And we would definitely go to this resort again. But it is very frustrating when people don't take no for an answer. I hope that management fixes this issue in the very near future because other people might not be so forgiving.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank fergy1978
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya and for your invaluable loyalty.

Concerning your review, we are honoured to see that you had a very special stay at our hotel.

On the other hand, we truly apologize for the calls you received with the purpose of inviting you to our loyalty program, however, we did not wanted to make you feel uncomfortable as we only wanted to show you the benefits of becoming a member. We are very sorry for this inconvenient and measures will be taken as our purpose is to offer an atmosphere of relaxation and peacefulness.

We hope you can give us the opportunity to be your hosts again, on the next time you and you husband are thinking on visiting the Riviera Maya.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Overall the resort is beautiful! Service was amazing! Food quality was less than years past and room service was not good at all. The drinks and bartenders were all very nice and made great drinks. Several of the restaurants we couldn’t get into because they were closed or “booked” for our entire stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank caseyh1983

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya for your recent vacations.

It is gratifying to read that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities and grounds, as well as the friendly service of our staff.

On the other hand, we regret to hear that your experience did not lived up to our usual level, concerning the food quality and room service. We already shared you kind suggestions to our Executive Chef for follow up, and to look for improvement and enhance the quality of our service.

In regards to our dinner service at the a la carte restaurants, our main goal is to offer our guests with a unique and special experience where meals are made-to-order, so we can provide freshness and quality along with a personalized service. In order to achieve this, we do not fill our restaurants at their full capacity, to create a fine dining experience. Allow us to let you know that we closed some of the restaurants to make preventive maintenance works and offer you a better service in the future. We truly apologize if this caused you any inconvenience.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We didn't actually choose this hotel, as we decided to swap it due to possible construction at the Iberostar hotel we booked. This hotel was the recommendation of the manager at the TC branch we booked through.
Firstly I have to say his recommendation was excellent. My family group found this hotel excellent , with the exclusion of one thing which I will come to later, which would not stop us from enjoying our trip.
On arrival you are instantly made welcome not just by the freindly staff but also by the approach from the main access route. Very welcoming!
The reception staff met you with a cool drink, absolutely refreshing, and then proceeded with their pleasant approach to get your rooms sorted and our cases along with ourselves quickly and safely to our rooms, allowing us to get started on our holiday.
Throughout our two week stay , again with one exception, the staff ,food, entertainment, beach, pool, and cleanliness were faultless. So thank you to all concerned and the TC manager who recommended it.
The food at most places was of a good standard and eating at other hotels within the resort are recommended with the Japanese options being my personal favourite.
There are always some things that weren't perfect , and there was one restraunt ( El Fogon)that we would simply find no better than 3*. Whether it be breakfast /lunch/ dinner the staff ,food and attention to detail were all below par,and when you have so many options on site to compare it with you can certainly see its failings. You may ask why we went there 3 times if it was so bad,well that's easy to answer. The breakfast location beside our block was closed and that was th nearest,similarly for lunch. As for the evening meal we didn't notice when booking an Italian meal that it was this location, and as for classing it as Italian - not likely.
There was also small issues with the room, but this would be being too picky as they were related to age and not the staff in any way, and nothing that would affect my holiday in any way.
Overall we had an excellent relaxing stress free stay.
Oh I nearly forgot - the pools. Apart from the lazy river , which seemed to have no flow to it, getting shade,loungers and drinks were never an issue. So again positive.
On our experience , I would certainly recommend it and already have.

Room Tip: We were in block 61. Near the beach and pools. Slightly longer to the reception area,but only 5-10mins walk.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Dufc1
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with other travelers your opinion about your stay with us.

It is so gratifying to read that you and your family had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed our beautiful facilities, culinary experience, activities and most importantly the friendliness of our staff, which is our most valuable asset.

We regret to know that El Fogon restaurant did not exceeded your expectations and we will share your kind feedback with our Executive Chef, on the other hand, allow us to inform you that “El Tapatio” restaurant was closed due to preventive maintenance works, as we constantly strive for improvement. We truly apologize if this caused an inconvenience to you and your family.

It will be an honor to welcome you back and become your first choice when visiting the Riviera Maya.

Warm regards,