1,345 results
All reviewschinese restaurantevery other daysalt waterbeach baranimation teampancake ladymini barrifle shootingkos townmain restaurantthe busgreat holidaygyroswaiter serviceturkeybeach shoessmaller pool
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We went to the Ramira mid August for 2 weeks in a sea view room. We were in the main part of the hotel. The room was quiet and provided easy access to the pools, reception and main restaurant. The room was clean but very small for 2 adults and a 7 year old. The extra bed in the room had a frame which collapsed but we put it back together! Food was great but there needs to be more organisation as to the location of the food. All the popular bits were all grouped together which did at busy times cause chaos. Staff in restaurants were great and Yannis in the kids pool area was superb. We had an issue with one of the barmen in the bar near the restaurant who was very rude but fair play to the manager, when I complained he apologised, spoke to the member of staff who apologised. One of those things I suppose! Wifi only in reception unless you pay extra. Slide pool was fab but got very busy as you would expect. Entertainment was poor apart from musical night and Brazilian night. Caught bus into town twice and hired a car. Garden restaurant and restaurant with windmill near harbour were fabulous. Drove to Zia for sunset which was great and also into Kos to see the castle and have a walk around. Go to Tam Tam beach it is sandy and beautiful and quiet! Beach at hotel is pebbles but we did research before we came and took boarding shoes. Took free pedals out a few times and saw lots of fish and star fish. Very hot which you would expect in August. Take sun towel pegs as it got extremely windy and towels, cups and inflatables went everywhere. Went to Asian restaurant twice and the chef was fantastic with our daughter. Greek restaurant was excellent for food but service after main course so slow we skipped dessert. Lots of rude Russian guests. Blue Domes next door is out of this world but I would say only for children 9 plus. We went a few times as we met friends from a previous holiday there. Overall great holiday but mainly because of the wonderful people we met there and my daughter made some fabulous friends there. I wouldn't go back but would recommend it. It just needs tweaks to make it better!

Room Tip: Go for duplex room or top floor sea view in main hotel
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Just returned on 12th sept very good hotel , very clean good facility, snacks at every bar, Sandra makes the best coffee at the Snow White bar . Food in main restaurant is the same lunch and dinner , is repeated daily,very poor. You must eat at the Chinese & Italian restaurants much better quality. The activitys & entertainment are brill Mikey & his team do a fantastic job.A short bus ride will take you into Kos just at the end of entrance to hotel or a 40minute walk. Overall a very good hotel

Room Tip: Block 400 viewed main pool best sun trap
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael S
Dimitris A, Manager at Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2016

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your lovely review about your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our service fantastic. I do have a great team who is very passionate about delivering only the very best service at all times to ensure our guests feel valued and special, so I am delighted to hear you found them friendly, welcoming and professional making you stay the best possible. Rest assured, I will pass your wonderful comments on to my team, and especially Erika and Mickey will be thrilled to hear your kind words.

Once again, thank you very much for your lovely review. We very much hope to welcome you back to The Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Dimitris Amountzias
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We were shown to our room but disappointed as it smelt as if the previous occupant had smoked, we were immediately changed to a room on the third floor main building. staff very helpful. If they ask you to change to family village don't do it. Terrible.

Room Tip: Main building, not the family room looking at the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 272nicola
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

All good but water is too cold in the swimming pools. Really cold! Food variety is poor on the beach. There is no baby food at all. There are two small swimming pools but depth is 3m on one of them.
Excellent room mini bar and cleaning services.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2016

We arrived late on the 28th August, it was lovely to be greeted with cool drinks. We were shown to our room what a disappointment the room was spotless, but it certainly was not a superior room which we had paid for the window was high and small and a banana tree outside prevented any light coming in. We went to the reps meeting the next morning and she came to look. She agreed the room was not practical for us as we are both in our 70s and the entrance to the room was up three narrow steps. Reception told us nothing else could be offered to us, my husband pointed out that to him the room was not five star and asked to see the manager, what a charming man he immediately took us to see another room and said if we wanted it he would arrange for our cases to me moved. It was lovely much more light large balcony it was like the one I had seen when I had booked. That sorted we started our holiday while we were there it was our 56th wedding anniversary and I had sent an email to ask if they would book us into the Italian for the 3rd Sept which they replied that they had done. Had they no they hadn't luckily I went to book the Chinese and checked and managed to get in. On the night we had started our meal when the waiter brought a bottle of white wine, my husband asked what it was and he said it's what you ordered. My husband had been to reception and ordered champagne the head waiter came and said "we don't do champagne" why didn't they say at reception. In the end they brought some fizzy stuff but said not to drink it for half an hour to give it chance to cool ( we think they had been to the shop) the best was to come they gave us tumblers to drink it not even a wine glass. Needless to say the meal was spot on and my husband and I were together. The second week of our holiday they asked us if we would like to go to their other hotel for our last two days we decided we would on the recommendation of Maria on the reception who really sold it to us. We got there for 11 and our room was ready by 12. We were taken by buggy to our room we went up a slope like a ski run it was that steep we then had stairs there was no way we could cope with that. Again we were told they had nothing else I said to take us back to Ramirez, they found us a room abet small and at the back of the hotel but we had a lift. Maria you must have known what the hotel was like and you knew I had booked the Ramirez to enable my husband to get around. We did enjoy our last days of the holiday the hotel itself was spot on. I would recommend both hotels but I feel we were let down with what we had booked.

Room Tip: Not 633 but 315 was lovely
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple