“Had a great lunch here”
Review of La Casereccia

La Casereccia
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With homemade local dishes typical of the area ... To take away. All dishes are 5 Euros.
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I often eat in the area and on this occasion chose La Casereccia. We had my mum with us and I knew she would get good vegetarian options here.
We had a wonderful lunch sitting outside. We all had the Cacia e Uva to start, large cheese balls in a rich tomato sauce, they are legendary at La Casereccia, to die for.
Mum had spinach and ricotta ravioli, I had fried calamari and my wife had stuffed mussels, all of our food delicious and very tasty.
This restaurant is great value for money and the food is great, there is an outside eating area as well as a covered outside eating area.
Worth a go for sure.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We have been eating at this restaurant for ages. I went to Tripadvisor today to check if they were open and saw some less than complimentary reviews. We went anyway, as I like to make up my own mind. We need not have worried - still as good as ever. Service a bit too quick if anything! Food good and great value for money!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We come here every time we come to San Vito, always great seafood, great service! Got to go for the Baccalà e peperoni arrosto

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I've decided that my original 4 star review was incorrect and should have been a three star due to the long wait to be served. Previously we've tried this restaurant again and every time it just gets worse. Friday's last visit will be our last. We were seated quickly and half the order was taken before the waitress walked away and we had to wait to add the remainder of the order. Starter of seafood antipasti was factory produced and swimming in a bitter olive oil, the primo of pasta and vongole had 75% unopened shells and no flavour whatsoever, bland and unappetising so I didn't eat it. When we'd finished eating we kept being badgered by staff obviously wanting us to vacate the table despite our not finished with our drinks.

3 or 4 visits and each time it gets worse. There's much better on this little strip of road, give this a miss and try the other restaurants, where you get good service and quality food.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Friends of ours who live nearby had wanted to try this place which they have always seen absolutely full of people. We were welcomed in and our orders taken quickly. Wine and starters were brought out right away but we then waited 45 minutes for our main dishes. At first we thought it was because 2 of the 4 meals were risotto which takes time to make properly. That was until it was obvious that locals were being served before us when the table next to us was served risotto almost immediately after ordering. I understand recognizing loyalty of regulars but not at the expense of other customers. Food was good but it really didn't matter in the end. Very disappointing and not something we encountered anywhere else in Chieti.