“Good sized portions”

Meson la Alternativa
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Ardales
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We ate dinner inside the restaurant and received good service. I think it helped that I speak a little Spanish. There were 3 of us and we shared a platter of pitta breads and dips as a first course and then my husband had the large rolled pork dish with chips, my daughter the chorizo burger and I had a plate of prawns, which were nice (lots of them) but cold. I had expected less and hot but maybe I should have used my Spanish more and asked how they would be served! Anyway I enjoyed them. We received a free dessert to share as we had been given a voucher. All in all, a good value meal, large portions, with a nice bottle of tinto.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

We booked for both Christmas eve and New Years eve. Both times the food was excellent and the owner/waiter was fantastic. Great service, loads of wine and drinks, highly recommended.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Went to the cafe recently with clients, it is an ok Spanish cafe bar but nothing special but find for a coffee. There are a number of other places in ardales which offer a far better experience

Reviewed 30 April 2016

I was there for dinner with my family after walkin in El Chorro. The restaurant was very clean, all staff was very nice and friendly with us. The food was really fresh and delicious, we got a big pleasure in that nice place. Just one thing about food: the portions was soooo big, haha ;-)
Well, I recommend this restaurant to everybody and we would like to back there one day.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

We visited this restaurant when we stayed in Ardales. It had recently had new owners and seemed to be doing really well. The restaurant was spotlessly clean and the staff were very nice, friendly and efficient. After the second time of visiting we didn't have to ask for our drinks as they knew what we wanted. The food was really good and there was plenty of it, we would definately use this restaurant again if we are in the area.