Hotel Restaurant du Port
US$233
US$207
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

US$213
US$156
US$151
US$164
  • Restaurant
All reviewsperchsaladfrieslake genevagreat foodbeautiful locationbalcony overlookingwonderful hotelold towndudesserttablelunchportnyonvillagerestaurant
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We had a nice lunch at du Port. We both ordered the special, perch from the lake with salad and fries. The perch was fine, the salad was fresh and just lettuce (not a fan of the creamy dressing tho') and hot french fries. My one regret is that I didn't order the dessert of raspberries with ice cream and whipped cream. It looked fantastic. Next time I'll get it, I will!

The service was very nice--both servers didn't speak much English, but we were able to communicate for the most part.

The bathrooms are nice. Use these, especially if you don't want an "olden days" experience with the public restrooms down the hill. Those public ones have the hole in the floor where you squat and take care of business. Those were common in my mother's day. At least now they have toilet paper.

The Animals Issue: I kid you not--an animal of some variety--possibly a rat--scampered across my lower back. While eating, I felt claws run across my back! Scared me half to death. It came up to my chair (think of Director's chairs) in between the fabric slats . We were sitting right next to the property line outside on the deck, next to the plants--nasturtiums or something similar, where animals probably nest. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but please know it's a possibility they're coming out looking for food!

The best feature of du Port is the location. The second best feature is the service. Other than that, the food was average. I will try the dessert next time, though!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This old inn is very charming directly on the lake. Our room and bathroom were both rather spacious for a European hotel. We had a room above the restaurant facing the lake, so the scenery was stunning and surprisingly not too noisy. It was an easy walk into the old town area and we were amazed by how many little cafes there were to choose. Beds were comfy, but it is definitely time to upgrade the pillows. Staff was very friendly and we enjoyed spending a few hours at the sister property Villa Cecille in the afternoon for a swim. (I would like to stay there once, very quiet, different feel with beautiful grounds.) We loved being on the water and watching all the daily activity. A lovely choice!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the lake are worth the added expense.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Les Collectionneurs
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Great hotel..very old but beautifully modern inside. Welcoming staff and excellent restaurant. Air conditioning which works especially good as it was 33 outside. Lovely bedroom with everything you would ever need. Hope we can return again soon!

Room Tip: Front facing look out over the pier and the lake
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Les Collectionneurs
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We only used the restaurant for a lunch on a sunny day on the terrasse. We were lucky to get a table outside without booking as the place was full with groups. We had good lunch and the waiters were very servicable, so nice place to go

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

One of the best places in our 13 days itinerary . I found this small town a fairy land .we had yummy vegetarian wraps with cheese balls , that was yummy . I went there to visit castle and the " the garden of 5 senses " but that is open for the visitors for very limited time of the year , I was not disoppointed as had I known that , I would not have planned to visit this beautiful place ....

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family