All reviews concierge team welcome drink beautiful hotel head concierge fantastic start usb plugs closet door dream house jack daniels walking distance to town incredible staff boutique hotel old town felt like home great wifi breakfast spread one night stay
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Sir Joan is 1 of 3 hotels around Ibiza Town I’ve stayed at over the course of a week. Despite it exceeding my usual budget allowance, I wanted to experience the unique archectural design & spoil myself with a little luxurious indulgence.

It is positioned on a roundabout, not by a beach, but this was not an issue for me because the place itself is a beautiful interesting environment & the location is PERFECTLY situated; you can literally walk everywhere you want in 10mins: talamanca beach, port, marina, old town, with easy connections to buses to other parts of the island.

The hotel itself is intimate and not huge & overbearing. It does not have some of the features that would attract me to other hotels, such as a gym or spa. However anything it doesn’t have will be solved by staff on request; I had a fantastic massage & this was done in the penthouse as they had it available and more space there which was lovely.

And maybe this is part of its charm, it is less like a contrived corporate hotel and more like a luxurious dream communal home I did not want to leave and could consider leaving my own home for!

Each of the staff could never do enough to help, particularly Paola & Nelly & the bar & restaurant staff and their help felt genuinely attentative and not forced. I was overwhelmed with their care, anything I wanted to know they endeavoured to find out for me, and this enabled me to ask things I would not normally feel comfortable asking.

The rooms were aesthetically cosy & very comfortable, I loved the bookcase, desk & chair height, the open plan style.

The wash products were of the highest quality, my hair and skin felt incredible.

The wine and cocktails were absolutely delicious, as was the food, particularly the Hamaki fish and Ibizan lamb and the semolina cake was my absolute favourite.

I felt very valued as a person by every staff member and they each had their own unique friendly personality which shone through. I left feeling as though I was leaving behind part of a family after just 3 nights.

I think it suits a creative clientele who want a personal, eclectic and individual experience without it being contrived or elitist.

Overall Sir Joan has heart, finesse and personality, and has made my other hotel stays, although great in their own way, feel a little cold and soulless, and I would happily trade those extras for another stay at Sir Joan next time.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rohanna T
IgnacioGomezE, General Manager at Sir Joan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Hola Rohanna,

Many thanks for your recent stay at Sir Joan and providing us such a detailed feedback; Honestly yours is an AMAZING review and we all have loved reading and reading it.
If you plan to visit Ibiza again, please whatsapp us, we really would love to assist you arranging everything, we are already looking for more "local secret amazing locations" for you!
All the team sends you a great hug!

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

I have just returned back from Ibiza where we spent our last 3 nights in Sir Joan - a family of four (kids 12 and 9) - the place defines service in a very kind and thoughtful way. On arrival the front desk were warm and welcoming and took us through ideas of what to do and most impressively where to eat - a locals restaurant called Can Terra I would never have found. We got checked into the bedrooms on the first floor with the terrace that acted as a connection between our room and the kids - the rooms are stunning as is the whole place. We used the hotel bikes, chilled around the pool and on the terrace ... the staff are the best I have ever experienced - all of them ... you get the sense that they are proud to work in Sir Joan - I have genuinely never written a review on Tripadvisor but had to for this place - thank you from all the family to all at Sir Joan for a stunning finale to our holiday (that took in the west coast beaches and Formentera - a great 3 base holiday over half term) - we will be back and very much look forward to it. Stu McG

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mcglynnstuart
IgnacioGomezE, General Manager at Sir Joan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Hola!

It was indeed a huge pleasure for all the team meeting and assisting you. Honestly we are really thankful for your nice review, the fact that it is your first one, makes us feel really proud & happy!
Please reach me directly for your next stay at Sir Joan, we would love to assist you with all arrangements, and now that you know some of the island's secrets, we can go for level 2!

All Sir Joan team send you a big hug and wish you a wonderful day

Reviewed 22 October 2018

What a great hotel! Location is absolutely great, very near to Ibiza city centre, the harbour and the beach. Staff in the hotel is very friendly, always happy to assist! Ariadne from reception was super friendly and Chef Jessi from the restaurant made some amazing dishes (you definitely should try the Sirvia with soy beans and pomegranate!). We stayed in the room on the top floor of the hotel, WOW! Great views of dalt vila, very spacious room and various terraces. If I would have to mention 1 slightly less posititve point it woudl be the bed/matras (too hard). Loved the atmosphere in the hotel and design/decoration! Compliments to hotel manager Ignacio and his team!
I would recommend this hotel to everybody!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
IgnacioGomezE, General Manager at Sir Joan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Hola Nicole!

First of all, Thanks a lot for such a nice feedback, together with the email option, you have been extremely helpful with us, and we will for sure benefit from your great constructive comments.
Although it was a short stay, It was actually an enormous pleasure for all the team to assist you and we really would love to welcome you back very soon.
We all wish you a wonderful day

Reviewed 16 October 2018

We were staying as a group of friends celebrating a forthcoming marriage. Everything about this hotel is perfect; location, facilities, staff, breakfast and choice of drinks.
Cannot praise this hotel highly enough and the staff who are a shining example as to how things should be done! We hope to come back and would like to thank everyone who made our stay so enjoyable x

Trip type: Travelled with friends
IgnacioGomezE, General Manager at Sir Joan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Hello Dondon,

It was a huge pleasure for all the team to take care of your group, the three of you brought a very nice vibe around and we love to see our guests enjoying the island!
Please let us know in advance if you plan to visit us again, we have a few more "authentic" lunch recommendations!
Wish you a very nice day

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Can’t fault this place. An amazing place to stay. 5* treatment from the moment we entered till we left. Only sorry our stay was so short. We will be back. Rooms are super. Lovely pool to relax. Staff that really make you feel special and super helpful. What more could you want ?

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hola Mark,

Thanks a lot for staying at Sir Joan and taking now a few minutes to share your experience, very nice comments indeed. We also believe your stay was too short, this island could catch you for ever! Please get in touch with us when planning your next Ibiza trip, we would love to assist you arranging all details!
We all wish you a very nice day