“Incredible tapas, wonderful staff”
Review of Mar a Vila

Mar a Vila
Ranked #17 of 527 Restaurants in Ibiza Town
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Elaborated and creative tapas restaurant with a touch of autor cuisine.
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We tried 2 of the top-listed tapas restaurants here on TripAdvisor and, unsurprisingly, they were all booked up. We then wandered into a few and eventually found Mar a Vila and, my God, am I glad we did.
I have lived in the Basque Country so I loved a return to pintxos (little pieces of bread with all manner of delicious morsels on top) and their tapas were just divine. Because me and my friend spoke Spanish, I think their staff took pity on us and found us a table at the back, which was great as it's partly outside.
The staff were wonderful, the price was great, the food was incredible and I'm salivating now at the thought! They even had nice toilets which isn't a given in Spain!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Real Tapas experience! We went here in september and the food and drinks were great. Also the employees showed passion for their work. A must go when you visit Ibiza!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

If you want taste some typical tapas this restaurant is the right place. Very close to the city center we ate some different kind of fresh tapas: with paprika & cheese, with ham, nuss & cheese, with vegetables and we took place outside, alone, the right way to relax after a walk around the city.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

If you fancy tapas with a little bit of a difference, Mar a Vila in Ibiza Town is definitely worth a visit. Centrally located with a rustic and relaxed interior this lovely restaurant served some of the tastiest tapas I've ever enjoyed.

Amongst the dishes we had were potato croquettes made with purple potatoes; popcorn chicken, with the odd but tasty addition of grapes which we dipped in mayonnaise and bacon crumb; a fantastic 'spring roll' which was more like a pastry case filled with braised pork cheek; and a squid sandwich.

Service was excellent. Indeed our waiter told us to order less than we'd originally planned so we wouldn't waste any. He was right too - the portion sizes were very generous. Our meal cost less than 50 Euros for the tapas, a beer, a wine and a soft drink, which was really good value.

For higher-end tapas with a bit if a twist. Mar a Vila is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I have dined many times in this restaurant. The owner attends me personally, she is very kind and their food is astonishing. I love this place.