“Did the job...no frills ”
Review of Edy Homestay

Edy Homestay
Ranked #98 of 171 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Edy home stay for four nights... the room was really spacious, big bed, ceiling fan and was clean!
The bathroom was OK... but, every time my boyfriend and I had a shower, it always smelt of urine? Very odd I know. Also the shower had no pressure what so ever...its cold water too, which I don't normally care but when the pressure is so poop and I'm stood there trying to wash shampoo out my hair it gets a tad cold :/.

Breakfast....hmm. so my boyfriend asked some guys who were sat outside the front for breakfast and they all just stood and laughed at him!?...really rude if you ask me!! The one guy just stated egg sandwich... no coffee no tea, nothing. When it arrived it was pretty awful, plus it took half and hour to come!
They also didn't collect our plates til the morning after! Not very pleasant with flies and ants covering it.
We never ordered breakfast again.. just ate out!

The staff here are really laid back... too laid back if you ask me! I had to ask for clean towels, toilet roll, had to sweep our room and outside as was sandy... no offer for room to be cleaned once.
They all just sat outside day and night... they were really friendly and always said hello and bye... but, they're running a business... gotta do some work? Or not.

It's cheap and cheerful.. does the job, but I probably wouldn't come back.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights during my trip to the Gilis. The location is just a few minutes walk from the main restaurant /bar /spa area. Also close to all the best dive centers on Gili T. However it's not so close to a beach good for relaxing and swimming.

The room was ok but there was some spiderweb and the sheets and towels didn't feel superfresh. The staff was nice but you have to ask for most things yourself, like more toiletpaper.

Included breakfast is a choice of scrambled eggs, omelette, pancakes etc. If you want a bigger and more enjoyable breakfast it's best to go to a restaurant.

Overall the place was ok for the price but if I go to Gili T again I would probably try something else.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Slept here two nights in room 5 with fan. Bed is comfortable room is clean. After a quick fix the shower works good now. Breakfast included! Very close to the main street, but far enough to have a quiet night. You can hear the mosque every pray which is 5 times a day and starts as early as 5am.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fien W
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Had a great little stay at Edy Homestay. Andre was so friendly and helpful - always took an interest on what we were up to and brought breakfast to our room each morning. Also sorted our laundry for a very reasonable price per KG.
Accommodation it's self is very basic but ideal for budget backpackers like us. Would recommend paying extra for an A/C room however, as the ceiling is so high our fan barely cooled the room.
Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candi B
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend had been travelling for 2 months before we arrived at Gili Trawangan.

We booked Edy honestly via booking.com and originally was only staying for 4 nights.

Andre greeted us at the gate as we found our accommodation and what a happy man he was so very funny and welcoming.
We had originally booked the standard fan room due to our budget although it wasn't much more for Ac but we said we would see how we go.

That evening it came to 2 am after lots of tossing and turning due to the heat I went to sit outside , unfortunately no one was around but I wouldn't of expected them to be at that time of the morning knowing that the AC room opposite us was available as we got offered it on our arrival I went to see if the door was open and it was so I wrote a note and moved our things to next door willing to pay the extra cost !

Andre was perfectly fine in the morning with us doing so a bit hesitant to whether we would be charged for both rooms that evening but we didn't.

Breakfast is lovely , the other colleagues at the home stay would offer when we would like to have our room cleaned , which we found really helpful due to sand from the beach etc in the shower!

Our 4 nights was coming to an end and we really wanted to stay but unfortunately our room was booked by the time we had to leave but with Andre being so helpful he said they have another business not so far called banana leaf and he saved us the room by calling his other FAB colleague Norman and walked us there on the day of check out.

Well what can I say another 4 nights there every one so friendly had such a warm family feeling !!

Not to mention we had great nights out with them both too and still so professional , hardworking every day !!

Really hope we will be able to go back in the future.

Top guys :)