Came back to gili n decided to give the 2016 hotel of the year a chance! As a group of four people (two rooms) two of us managed to book their partner hotel (Vila Ombok sunset, same owner) spoke to the management who said they were not able to transfer our second booking to Vila Ombak which was a drawback of a first impression for us.
We choose one of their deluxe rooms which is a fair walk all the way back and in the end of the resort. The room 6213 was a nice, clean and spacious enough for us with a newer bathroom (quite huge n plenty of space) and a disent terrace with place for two person to sit. Aircon was a bit moody at start but they fixed it and it turned the room into a freezer very fast! Despite the long way walking back I think that building has the newest rooms n indoor bathrooms (for those who prefer that)
We decided to extent for a day and we were offered an upgrade for a smaller amount which we agreed to. On the plus side we moved very close to the pool which saves you a lot of walking. However this rooms which are more spacious are older n bathroom outdoor for the ones who find that fine it's not an issue.
One thing which could be nice to share is
That the toilet is build on a surface too short for putting down your feets, so you end up with half your feet hanging in the air. I d say the original price for theese rooms behind the pool area are harder to justify in my wiew.
The vilas are of higher price and as we didn't check them out it's hard to say what they are like.
Pool no one is close to the street, and with its imidiate wiew of the sea I d argue it's one of the best ones there are on this side of the island, and also popular amongst the guests!
Breakfast lounge is spacious, variety at the breakfast holds a good level with everything from fresh fruits to two chefs taking orders for your personalised omelette.
We loved our morning breakfast with the pool and seawiew!
The second manager (Rully) treated us good and much better than our first impression situation with the booking.
The rest of the staff at the premises also deserves credit, they acted fast n professionally throughout the stay.
It's a great hotel and probably one of the best on this side of the island and I d recommend those who want to stay close to the active side of the island to consider this place. I would stay in the newer building in the back rather than the rooms closer to reception as they are of a newer date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012, Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia Leading Island Resort - Lombok 2013, and World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 as the Indonesia Leading Hotel 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan, Gili Islands