“Glamping”

Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halfmoon Bay
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The only reason to go there is for the luxury tents. I thought they were great. For a Vancouver getaway for a night or two I recommend. I probably wouldn't return as much as I enjoyed it, because there's not much to do in the region and as good a place for down time as it is, its a wee bit pricy including the ferry and all. But, I recommend it to my friends to try out the glamping thing. Tres romantic.

Room Tip: must do luxury tents
1  Thank Kermie9

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just incredible... The only problem: we never wanted to leave!!!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Let's face it, you can't rely on the weather in BC at any time, so mid winter escapes need to include cozy, inviting accommodations, great food and a place to curl up and 'just be'. The tented suites at Rockwater are just that, and more. We arrived after dark and made our way through the mist & along the boardwalk to our ocean front tent. Waves crashing below, we opened the door to the tent to find the fireplace on, and immediately dropped our bags and took in the moment. The suites are carefully planned to include anything you might need, right down to the matches in the drawer that you need for the candles beside the oversize jacuzzi tub (yes, it really is big enough for both of you). Crisp sheets, soft duvet and a view that never ends. The food was
excellent, the staff completely in sync with each other as well as their guests. Thank you, Rockwater - we'll be back!

Room Tip: Tents or not at all!
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend away to celebrate our ten year anniversary. I was a little sceptical at first, thinking that the tent suite was an overpriced novelty and would not be worth the extra cost. I am happy to say I was wrong, very wrong. The tent suite was fantastic and I could feel the tension drain away as we walked along the boardwalk out to our suite. The view from the porch made me think we were all alone overlooking the water. The amenities in the room were top of the line, double soaker tub and crisp white luxurious bedding. We sat on the porch in our robes and watched the waves while enjoying a glass of wine. It was the perfect location for a weekend away.

Room Tip: Worth the extra cost to spring for a tent suite. Great food in the resturant, although the decor co...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank otishiltz
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My wife and I recently dined out at the Rocwater resort, taking full advantage of the winter special menu. WOW!!! being a local of the sunshine coast one knows how hard it is to get great food and great service, followed by great prices. The Rockwater definately offers all 3.
After experiencing the 3 course we felt it was the one place we both fully agreed on to share our New years. We had plans to go with another couple but unfortunately we were unable to go. Our friends went instead and this is what they said. " The romantic setting they had hoped for was just not there. The band was way too loud and the food came way too quick" Although the food was AWSOME, the 6 course was too much aswell. They said the service was more than 100%. They would gladly go back as with the view, the service and the quality of food this resort restaurant (as this was their first time there) was ranked their top 3. and they are in their late 50's and have travelled all over the world. So once again. Thanks Rockwater. As locals we love and appreciate all you do.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
24.3 km away
Backeddy Resort & Marina
11.5 km away
Pender Harbour Resort & Marina

Been to Rockwater Secret Cove Resort? Share your experiences!