Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
US$87
Nestledown B&B(Halfmoon Bay)(Great Value!)
US$102
Agoda.com
US$99
US$76
US$121
Hotels.com
Gibsons Garden Hotel(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$83
Sunshine Lodge Inn(Gibsons)(Great Value!)
US$95
All reviewstent suitessunshine coastsecret coveheated floorsthe main lodgejacuzzi tubget awaybeautiful locationour honeymoonunique experienceceiling fanromantic getawayon the rockscouples massagemini fridgespa servicesoverlooking the ocean
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Rockwater came highly recommended by friends who had stayed in the tentsuites. We had to book a cabin because we were travelling with our 7 year old. Cabins are not worth the price and the place was an huge letdown: tiny cabin, tiny bathroom, improperly screened windows meant the cabin was filled with mosquitos upon our arrival within 5 minutes my husband was covered in bites. Cabin said ocean front, but it was high on a bluff with just a peekaboo view of the ocean, hot and stuffy with no fans. We tried the pool which was colder than the ocean. No sandy beach or place to walk with the kid. We ended up leaving, and I will say the front desk staff handled our departure with grace and excellent customer service, refunded us promptly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ariel P
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Ariel P.,

Thank You very much for sharing your negative experience here at the Rockwater Resort on Trip Advisor.

I was happy to hear that our staff at the front desk handled your early departure with grace and excellence but I was sad to hear about the mosquitos bites and the hot and stuffy as well as the size of the studio cabin.

Unfortunately given our remote but pristine location it is very difficult for us to control the mosquito traffic around the resort and also inside our accomodations.

Also there are portable fans in each of our 38 units here at Rockwater Resort.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we certainly hope that you will still consider us in the future.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I had our wedding at the rockwater in July. Our tenthouse suite was amazing and I couldn't get enough of the jet tub! The staff were very friendly and went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect, including making trips to our room with things we forgot (thread, button) and were very friendly and welcoming. Rhian, our wedding co-ordinator was fantastic and made sure everything was on time and on schedule. The food was the best food I have ever had anywhere, ever. Try the muscles in curry - they are amazing!

Room Tip: The tenthouse suites are $$$$$$$ but very worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chantel B

Dear Chantel,

Thank You very much for taking the time to write a fantastic review pertaining to your wedding here at the Rockwater Resort.

It is comments such as yours and the outstanding efforts from Rhian our wedding and events manager plus our whole team, we have become one of the leaders in Weddings and Elopments not only on the Sunshine Coast but also in British Columbia.

We look forward to your return visit to Rockwater Resort.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I stayed in one of the tent suites in July 2012. The views are simply incredible. Peaceful. And in the tent suites you really get the feeling that the whole place is your private retreat.

Our room was well decorated. This is a "tent" room: Walls and roof is made of canvas. But it is not like camping at all: You have all the amenities of a good hotel room. We also had a tub with a view and an outdoor deck with space to lounge. There was free wifi too, although the signal was a bit weak.

The hotel restaurant is of top quality, probably one of the best available in this area and good for foodies. We stayed for three days and ate at the restaurant every night, and we had something interesting and delicious (and different) each night. Watching the cove and the islands while having dinner with a glass of wine was beautiful.

The place is well run: Dikran, the general manager runs a tight ship and the staff know what they are doing. They are also very friendly and warm without being pushy or overbearing. We were greeted with a glass of wine when we arrived as they were getting our room ready for check-in.

We definitely would go back.

Room Tip: Stay in the tent suites. They are considerably more expensive, but well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samim E

Dear Samim,

Thank You very much for your very kind words regarding the Rockwater Resort.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My experience with the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort was excellent from beginning to end! Every single staff member I spoke to was friendly and very helpfull, beginning with my phone call to enquire about and book a cabin for my son's wedding that was taking place there on July 11, 2012. It turned out that I was talking to the manager at first because the booking person was on another phone call. Instead of putting me on hold to wait for her, he chatted and answered my questions until she was available to help me. I'm sure he had better things to do, but I couldn't tell. Then I spoke with I believe her name was Toni, and she helped me decide what to book. I was not yet sure how many people would be staying with me, so she suggested that I book the 3-bedroom cabin because they were filling up quickly. She said if I didn't need it, I could always change my reservation; great advice because we needed the cabin after all!
Everything, from the scenery to the food to the accommodations, was awesome! When we first arrived at Cabin # 5, one of my son's little dogs got away from us and ran to the main lodge to try to find my son and his fiancee who were having a meeting with the wedding coordinator. Instead of interrupting the meeting for my son to bring the dog back to us, a staff member cheerfully offered to do it for him!
The evening before the wedding, we had dinner in the restaurant, and I can honestly say that I don't remember having a better steak in my life! It was cooked to perfection, I didn't even really need a knife, and it was beautifully presented! Our server was wonderful, and when I couldn't decide what kind of wine I wanted, she brought me a sample to try!
The day of the wedding, we had lunch outside on the upper deck and again, a fabulous meal!
The wedding was perfect in every way and I feel the Resort did everything they could to help make it a memorable occasion for us all. The bride and groom also thoroughly enjoyed their spa treatment!
The day after the wedding we were checking out; everyone had left from our cabin except me and the dogs. It was getting close to checkout time, so when I saw the cleaning crew walking by, I asked them if it would be okay for the dogs and me to sit on the deck to wait for the bride and groom to come and pick me up. They said it was no problem at all; they would clean the other cabins first. I was all packed and ready to vacate when they needed me to, so I made another pot of coffee, and sat on the deck in the sunshine with two contented little dogs.
If I sat and really thought hard about it, I still don't think I could come up with someting to complain about! Now, I don't know what a "children's pack and play" is, but when I had young kids, I would avoid any extra expense by preparing my own "Pack and Play" kit. I'm not sure that it would be the ideal place to bring a young family; kids need to be entertained, and although there is a beautiful pool, it is not a resort geared to young children. All the more reason to bring things with you to keep little kids occupied, so that they are not a pain in the -- to everyone else.
I don't know how many 3-bedroom cabins you have, but the one I stayed in was 'rustic' but spotlessly clean! I didn't see any cabin that looked to be 'in terrible condition'! But the resort is set in the woods, so there are bugs and animals all around outside. A few in our group were lucky enough to see deer! Perhaps some people should stick to a room at the Hilton in the middle of a city! And when you are outside of the big cities and relying on a septic system, occasionally there will be odour. I only smelled it (barely) when I was walking right by the water treatment building. It was certainly not excessive, especially since it was an extremely hot and humid week!
On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate your resort a 10! Thanks to all the staff, for everything!
Wendy Tucker
Cambridge, Ontario

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy T
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay at Rockwater Resort in the Tenthouse Suites. My wife and I were looking to reconnect and relax, and this seemed like just the ticket.

I must admit, the adventure did not start the way I intended. It was unseasonably hot, and we arrived almost 3 hours prior to check in. I was also a little frustrated due to my own ignorance, which revolved around the fact I assumed the location would be available on the GPS, which it was not.

We sat by the pool and I requested access to the room prior to check in time. There was a wedding taking place, so the place was booked up pretty solid, which delayed access to the suite. All in all, we ended up getting into the tenthouse suite prior to the 3:00 check-in time thanks to the assistance of the Rockwater team.

When I entered the suite, it was 36 degrees, which set me off complaining again as for some unknown reason I assumed there would be air conditioning…which there was not. After several cold showers, we made it down to dinner. The crabcakes were fantastic, and my wife loved her Cornish hen. I ordered the rib eye rare, and it was delivered medium, so I sent it back to the kitchen and requested the rack of lamb instead. The lamb came just as ordered and was delicious.

After all is said and done, I would like to say the majority of my issues were self-imposed. That said, the resort went over and above to ensure I was comfortable and happy, by not only crediting the steak, they also provided the rack of lamb and no extra charge and threw in another $15 credit to ensure I would be satisfied with the end result…all without me saying a word.

It was then that I finally relaxed and spent one of the best nights in recent memory. The tent had cooled down considerably (once I opened up the screens and let the air through) and I went about my quest : drinking reserve napa wine, smoking Cuban cigars and just listening to the water hit the rocks. I ended up on the deck until 3:00 am and was totally and utterly content.

I was there on the Bliss package, so the following day, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our one hour massage and the 5 course (with BC wine pairings, specially prepared for us) meal was absolutely 5 star…incredible!

The icing on the cake was when Dikran (the GM at the Rockwater) sought me out in order to discuss my “issues”. I definitely felt that he took my concerns seriously (even though they took place through no fault of his own) and I appreciated the attention and follow up that he and his entire team engaged in. Dikram runs a wonderful resort, and the team he has assembled is professional, enthusiastic and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure their guests and happy and well taken care of.

At the end of the day, I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone that needs some time away. Although we did not take advantage of the many amenities and excursions, I talked to some who did and they seemed to enjoy them. We were there to relax, and relax we did, spending lots of time on the patio and in the two-person jetted tub, complete with light show.

This I know: I will be back on an annual basis to engage in some “adult camping”. I have already reached out to most of my network about how fantastic this resort is…and since relaxing is not something I come by easily (can you tell?) most of them were amazed that I actually found a location that would assist in my "de-stressing".

So to Dikran and team, my most sincere thanks for dealing with me and my attitude and making this a memory I will not soon forget. And for anyone else out there reading this, do yourself a huge favour and invest some time in yourself at the Rockwater…you will not be disappointed!

See you soon Rockwater!

Jeff and Kelli
Kitsilano

Room Tip: Tentsuite on the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple