“Tents in paradise.”

Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halfmoon Bay
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The tents at Rockwater are a unique luxury experience. The views are spectacular and the bath is wonderful for two - and to enjoy a glass of bubbles !!! The food is good but a short drive away is the Painted Boat Resort for the best meal on the Coast ..... if not BC !!!

Room Tip: The tents are worth the extra money over the cabins.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HarrySelig
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Mr Harry Selig,

It was our pleasure to be at your service here at the Rockwater Resort and thanks very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Rockwater came highly recommended by friends who had stayed in the tentsuites. We had to book a cabin because we were travelling with our 7 year old. Cabins are not worth the price and the place was an huge letdown: tiny cabin, tiny bathroom, improperly screened windows meant the cabin was filled with mosquitos upon our arrival within 5 minutes my husband was covered in bites. Cabin said ocean front, but it was high on a bluff with just a peekaboo view of the ocean, hot and stuffy with no fans. We tried the pool which was colder than the ocean. No sandy beach or place to walk with the kid. We ended up leaving, and I will say the front desk staff handled our departure with grace and excellent customer service, refunded us promptly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ariel P
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Ariel P.,

Thank You very much for sharing your negative experience here at the Rockwater Resort on Trip Advisor.

I was happy to hear that our staff at the front desk handled your early departure with grace and excellence but I was sad to hear about the mosquitos bites and the hot and stuffy as well as the size of the studio cabin.

Unfortunately given our remote but pristine location it is very difficult for us to control the mosquito traffic around the resort and also inside our accomodations.

Also there are portable fans in each of our 38 units here at Rockwater Resort.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we certainly hope that you will still consider us in the future.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I had our wedding at the rockwater in July. Our tenthouse suite was amazing and I couldn't get enough of the jet tub! The staff were very friendly and went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect, including making trips to our room with things we forgot (thread, button) and were very friendly and welcoming. Rhian, our wedding co-ordinator was fantastic and made sure everything was on time and on schedule. The food was the best food I have ever had anywhere, ever. Try the muscles in curry - they are amazing!

Room Tip: The tenthouse suites are $$$$$$$ but very worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chantel B

Dear Chantel,

Thank You very much for taking the time to write a fantastic review pertaining to your wedding here at the Rockwater Resort.

It is comments such as yours and the outstanding efforts from Rhian our wedding and events manager plus our whole team, we have become one of the leaders in Weddings and Elopments not only on the Sunshine Coast but also in British Columbia.

We look forward to your return visit to Rockwater Resort.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I stayed in one of the tent suites in July 2012. The views are simply incredible. Peaceful. And in the tent suites you really get the feeling that the whole place is your private retreat.

Our room was well decorated. This is a "tent" room: Walls and roof is made of canvas. But it is not like camping at all: You have all the amenities of a good hotel room. We also had a tub with a view and an outdoor deck with space to lounge. There was free wifi too, although the signal was a bit weak.

The hotel restaurant is of top quality, probably one of the best available in this area and good for foodies. We stayed for three days and ate at the restaurant every night, and we had something interesting and delicious (and different) each night. Watching the cove and the islands while having dinner with a glass of wine was beautiful.

The place is well run: Dikran, the general manager runs a tight ship and the staff know what they are doing. They are also very friendly and warm without being pushy or overbearing. We were greeted with a glass of wine when we arrived as they were getting our room ready for check-in.

We definitely would go back.

Room Tip: Stay in the tent suites. They are considerably more expensive, but well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samim E

Dear Samim,

Thank You very much for your very kind words regarding the Rockwater Resort.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My experience with the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort was excellent from beginning to end! Every single staff member I spoke to was friendly and very helpfull, beginning with my phone call to enquire about and book a cabin for my son's wedding that was taking place there on July 11, 2012. It turned out that I was talking to the manager at first because the booking person was on another phone call. Instead of putting me on hold to wait for her, he chatted and answered my questions until she was available to help me. I'm sure he had better things to do, but I couldn't tell. Then I spoke with I believe her name was Toni, and she helped me decide what to book. I was not yet sure how many people would be staying with me, so she suggested that I book the 3-bedroom cabin because they were filling up quickly. She said if I didn't need it, I could always change my reservation; great advice because we needed the cabin after all!
Everything, from the scenery to the food to the accommodations, was awesome! When we first arrived at Cabin # 5, one of my son's little dogs got away from us and ran to the main lodge to try to find my son and his fiancee who were having a meeting with the wedding coordinator. Instead of interrupting the meeting for my son to bring the dog back to us, a staff member cheerfully offered to do it for him!
The evening before the wedding, we had dinner in the restaurant, and I can honestly say that I don't remember having a better steak in my life! It was cooked to perfection, I didn't even really need a knife, and it was beautifully presented! Our server was wonderful, and when I couldn't decide what kind of wine I wanted, she brought me a sample to try!
The day of the wedding, we had lunch outside on the upper deck and again, a fabulous meal!
The wedding was perfect in every way and I feel the Resort did everything they could to help make it a memorable occasion for us all. The bride and groom also thoroughly enjoyed their spa treatment!
The day after the wedding we were checking out; everyone had left from our cabin except me and the dogs. It was getting close to checkout time, so when I saw the cleaning crew walking by, I asked them if it would be okay for the dogs and me to sit on the deck to wait for the bride and groom to come and pick me up. They said it was no problem at all; they would clean the other cabins first. I was all packed and ready to vacate when they needed me to, so I made another pot of coffee, and sat on the deck in the sunshine with two contented little dogs.
If I sat and really thought hard about it, I still don't think I could come up with someting to complain about! Now, I don't know what a "children's pack and play" is, but when I had young kids, I would avoid any extra expense by preparing my own "Pack and Play" kit. I'm not sure that it would be the ideal place to bring a young family; kids need to be entertained, and although there is a beautiful pool, it is not a resort geared to young children. All the more reason to bring things with you to keep little kids occupied, so that they are not a pain in the -- to everyone else.
I don't know how many 3-bedroom cabins you have, but the one I stayed in was 'rustic' but spotlessly clean! I didn't see any cabin that looked to be 'in terrible condition'! But the resort is set in the woods, so there are bugs and animals all around outside. A few in our group were lucky enough to see deer! Perhaps some people should stick to a room at the Hilton in the middle of a city! And when you are outside of the big cities and relying on a septic system, occasionally there will be odour. I only smelled it (barely) when I was walking right by the water treatment building. It was certainly not excessive, especially since it was an extremely hot and humid week!
On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate your resort a 10! Thanks to all the staff, for everything!
Wendy Tucker

Secret Cove Cottage Suites
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay
24.3 km away
Backeddy Resort & Marina

Been to Rockwater Secret Cove Resort? Share your experiences!