19 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
Hotels.com
US$361
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$281
Free cancellation until 29/01/22
PricelineUS$362
Expedia.comUS$361
eDreamsUS$343
5,215 results
All reviews half board a la carte junior suite mogan playa evening meal lovely hotel blue building bowling alley botanical gardens cordial mogan main restaurant buffet style plenty of sunbeds plenty of choice big hotel reception area port area
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2021

My wife and I have just returned home after spending a week in this really magnificent hotel. We have stayed in many hotels around the world, including multiple destinations across the Canary Islands, but we were both in agreement that the Hotel Cordial in Mogan is firmly in our top 5. The location of the hotel is also ideal, literally a 5 minute walk to the port of Mogan, which was lovely for an evening drink or bite to eat.

I really don’t have any negatives to highlight apart from a long queue for our last evenings dinner, without any communications to those queuing which was somewhat frustrating. Other minor gripe was that the room air con was not the strongest and I found it particularly warm during the night, impacting my sleep. I phoned the reception team and asked about the possibility of being provided a fan for the room, which was sent up in less than 20 mins - problem solved. Finally I had to request an iron, which I think should have been provided with the room, but there are a huge number of rooms and can understand rationale. The old chestnut of having to pay for the in-room safe persists in Spanish resorts!

We stayed in a lovely junior suite for the week. The staff were first class and always very nice. Food and drink flawless. The property itself is just awesome. I actually described it today to a friend as a hotel resort within a botanical garden. Thank you, I’m certain we will be back and cannot say we have ever made a similar commitment to a hotel in the Canaries before.

2  Thank neilfV7983AL
Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

First impressions were not good. We arrived at 8.30pm and we were hastily directed down to the restaurant for the scraps of an evening meal, with a drinks service that arrived at the very end of our meal. Following this, we returned to reception, to discover our bags were where we left them and with a further 30 minute wait on the individual, who I was told was the only Porter, we sat and waited ! We received no welcome drinks like the other guest that arrived earlier received, no map of the large complex and no introduction to our room or the functions within it, just two dead cockroaches to greet us!

The next day was very different though and we woke to an oasis surrounding our junior suite, with Limes and Bananas hanging from the trees in our garden. We also discovered that we were only yards from the exclusive suites breakfast room and the breakfasts were good. One small down side of the suites is the cockroaches, but this goes with the territory I’m afraid.

Dinner though was once again very poor and with lots of guests complaining, the management decided mid week to introduce a two sitting system? Although the food and service improved slightly with this change, this did not sit well with us, as we liked to eat at around 7pm and then go into Puerto Mogan for a drink or two. Overall, dinner was very poor in my opinion and although I would book this hotel again, I would not book dinner and I would opt for breakfast only.

I also found that the staff had attitude, which I really don’t like and I was told one day and whilst sitting at the pool bar, that I could only sit here with a shirt on……. it’s a POOL BAR!
I also watched a member of the restaurant staff display serious attitude to an elderly guest, as he enquired why his Cordial Club Discount had not been applied to his drinks bill.

“Could be better”. Would be my conclusion of this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RWKW
Reviewed 22 September 2021 via mobile

By far the biggest and best Hotel we have ever stayed in !! Immaculate !! COVID Safe !
Arrived late to a packed lunch because we had missed our evening meal , a really nice gesture , thank you !
Rooms were spacious and lovely complimentary bathroom products including shower gel , hairdryer was fab.
Shower over the bath which I loved as I don’t have a bath at home , it’s a real treat to have both.

Plenty storage space in room , small fridge and a couple of relaxing chairs and table. If you can’t find the blackout curtains there tucked right back behind patterned ones Maids kept the rooms spotless , floors mopped daily aswell !

2 walk in swimming pools with a life guard , plus a child’s pool plus jacuzzis we only discovered that after a few days , so explore the hotel , beautiful gardens , little canaries , chapel , tennis courts , table tennis , games room and we noticed a sign for bowling alley and trampoline although not sure if this was open due to Covid. Evening entertainment was live music , but not a band , very good though.

Stunning eating areas . Food fantastic , plenty choice , very efficiently run restaurants , lots of staff although some seemed to be new ? Didn’t try the mitchellen star one though.

Check out the trail to the ancient graves and aboriginal houses out of the back of hotel , excellent views but wear sturdy shoes , gate opposite the hotel
Spa.

Reception staff very helpful and happy to answer queries about buses and taxis etc.

We were the last stop from airport so I would advise getting a taxi if you can otherwise it’s one n half hours on the coach up and down hills we paid €68 for return journey booked through hotel.
Safe deposit €2 -30 cents per day.

Even if you don’t have a pool view I reckon you’d have one with a garden view and wouldn’t be disappointed.

I would 100% go back to this hotel a fantastic holiday

Check out N44 bar and restaurant opposite hotel and the little snack bar opposite hotel with red umbrellas, great for a quick toastie. Karaoke nights very good DJ Domingo’s a really funny guy !

Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank JKDoll
Sylke Gnefkow, Dueño at Cordial Mogan Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2021

Dear JKDoll,

First of all we would like to thank you for your confiance on Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa for your recent holidays on Gran Canaria. We appreciate the time you spent writing a comment on TripAdvisor about your recent experience.
We are delighted to read that you loved your hole Cordial Expirience giving lots of details from the hotel, pool area and facilities, it is always a pleasure to know that our guests meet their expectations with us. Our guests satisfaction is our main goal. This information will help many future guests and Tripavisor members.

We do really hope to welcome you again in Cordial Mogan Playa in a near future.
Best of regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2021

We have been returning to this hotel for many years and have missed visiting due to the pandemic. I feel so at home here from the moment we arrive as the staff make us so welcome. We were considering booking a winter break but had concerns given my health issues so decided to email and ask a few questions. To our surprise we didn’t just get an email, Claudia picked up the phone and rang us at home taking the time to answer all our questions and put our minds at rest. Such a kind and thoughtful gesture and as always going over and above the standard of customer service we have ever had at any other hotel. Thank you so much Claudia we have booked after speaking with you see you in November. Xx

1  Thank L243MWkarenb
Reviewed 14 September 2021

We have just had a lovely 10day stay at the Cordial Mogan Playa . Staff were really helpful and friendly especially at the Reception desk helping us with all the paper work involved due to COVID printing the documents and advising us on how to book the COVID test which we were able to arrange at the hotel .Unfortunately there wasn’t a Jet2 rep at the hotel to advise us like there used to be which wasn’t the hotels fault which would have been helpful for those of us who aren’t technically minded . The hotel is kept spotless so we felt very safe having hand sanitizers everywhere. The rooms also were pristine. Service in restaurant was very hit and miss sometimes especially at breakfast due we think to not enough staff but overall a lovely experience.Would definitely recommend this hotel .

Room tip: First floor overlooking the pool
1  Thank Pam B