20 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$286
Expedia.comUS$284
Trip.comUS$318
5,206 results
All reviews half board gran canaria junior suite evening meal lovely hotel blue building bowling alley botanical gardens cordial mogan main restaurant buffet style plenty of sunbeds plenty of choice reception area winter break other resorts pool towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2021 via mobile

We are here at the moment for a week. The hotel is lovely with just a few minor faults. I’ll start with those first….

Food … if you gauge breakfast just as they are putting it out then it’s lovely but a few times it’s been lukewarm. Plenty of choice though. Can’t comment on any other food as b&b only.

Sunbeds…. I think the hotel should impose the same policy as a few other hotels in the area. No reserving beds until after 10am unless you are using them. Unfortunately you have to join the silly game of putting towels on beds otherwise you won’t get a decent spot. Several people were reserving them with towels but not using them until late afternoon. We were putting our towels out on our way to breakfast and pickings were already slim and that was only 8am.

Out of over 30 channels on TV only two were English and one of those was the news.

Didn’t particularly like charging everything to the room but this is a cashless hotel.

Now for the good stuff…

Hotel spotlessly clean! Hand sanitisers all around public areas and before and leaving restaurants.
Staff we came into contact with were all lovely and friendly and very helpful.

Rooms, if not a little worn, are immaculate and the bedding is pure white.

Clean sheets were changed when we asked straight away.

The pool is spotless and really pretty. Both pools are really well looked after and pristine. Beautiful areas to sit.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Mogan. It really is lovely.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kcee88
Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

We are due to fly out of Gran Canaria today after a week in the Cordial Mogan Hotel.
We arrived late, 10.30pm, and put our bags in the room, and quick change of clothes. Got back up to the bar and it closed at 11pm. Never known anything like it!! Didn't get any of our custom after that. Found staff unhelpful and too busy to be bothered with you.
We were half board, breakfast was usual mixture of fruit, pastries, cereals and fried, with an omelette option. All OK. Evening meal was a different story. Was at best 3 star and portions of carved meat were mean to say the least. Beef in the stews was like leather, hard and chewy, obviously not cooked long enough. Fish was dry and hard, well overcooked. Vegetables were cold and tasteless, totally overcooked. Salad bar was decent, as was the sweet counter with a chocolate fountain and profiteroles every night.
We paid extra for a Superior room, which basically had a large terrace with sunbeds, but bedroom the same as the normal rooms. Not worth paying the extra. Tea making facilities are advertised, but the tea etc was not replenished after the first sealed pack we got, extremely disappointing and dried milk sachet that sank to the bottom of the cup and stayed there.
Location is good, 10 minutes walk from the port but has a small shopping centre accross the pedestrian walkway. A lot of places closed completely, but 4 bars, a good mention for Outlaws, music bar, Quintin's for snacks, although their spirits are the local firewater brand at no less price. Finally N44, lovely bar/restaurant for lunch or evening meal.
Would we come back, probably not, but never say never. The Superior room was advertised as having champagne and fruit on your first night and a free spa day. We had none. Other people complained and got wine put in their room, another lady requested they put a cake and champagne in their room for her husband's 66th birthday/retirement. That didn't materialise either, even though she had reminded them several times. Finally got champagne free of charge after complaining. I know Covid has made a huge difference, but this hotel was really expensive and not worth the cost, they need to get their staff sorted out

3  Thank dancingqueen1953
Reviewed 6 October 2021

We are staying here for a week and very impressed with the hotel, breakfasts , staff and cleanliness.
The Spa is so relaxing and I had the best ever Balinese massage.
It is a 5 minute walk to the beach through the beautifully tended gardens.

1  Thank jackiekF5461CZ
Reviewed 4 October 2021

My wife and I have just returned home after spending a week in this really magnificent hotel. We have stayed in many hotels around the world, including multiple destinations across the Canary Islands, but we were both in agreement that the Hotel Cordial in Mogan is firmly in our top 5. The location of the hotel is also ideal, literally a 5 minute walk to the port of Mogan, which was lovely for an evening drink or bite to eat.

I really don’t have any negatives to highlight apart from a long queue for our last evenings dinner, without any communications to those queuing which was somewhat frustrating. Other minor gripe was that the room air con was not the strongest and I found it particularly warm during the night, impacting my sleep. I phoned the reception team and asked about the possibility of being provided a fan for the room, which was sent up in less than 20 mins - problem solved. Finally I had to request an iron, which I think should have been provided with the room, but there are a huge number of rooms and can understand rationale. The old chestnut of having to pay for the in-room safe persists in Spanish resorts!

We stayed in a lovely junior suite for the week. The staff were first class and always very nice. Food and drink flawless. The property itself is just awesome. I actually described it today to a friend as a hotel resort within a botanical garden. Thank you, I’m certain we will be back and cannot say we have ever made a similar commitment to a hotel in the Canaries before.

Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank neilfV7983AL
Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

First impressions were not good. We arrived at 8.30pm and we were hastily directed down to the restaurant for the scraps of an evening meal, with a drinks service that arrived at the very end of our meal. Following this, we returned to reception, to discover our bags were where we left them and with a further 30 minute wait on the individual, who I was told was the only Porter, we sat and waited ! We received no welcome drinks like the other guest that arrived earlier received, no map of the large complex and no introduction to our room or the functions within it, just two dead cockroaches to greet us!

The next day was very different though and we woke to an oasis surrounding our junior suite, with Limes and Bananas hanging from the trees in our garden. We also discovered that we were only yards from the exclusive suites breakfast room and the breakfasts were good. One small down side of the suites is the cockroaches, but this goes with the territory I’m afraid.

Dinner though was once again very poor and with lots of guests complaining, the management decided mid week to introduce a two sitting system? Although the food and service improved slightly with this change, this did not sit well with us, as we liked to eat at around 7pm and then go into Puerto Mogan for a drink or two. Overall, dinner was very poor in my opinion and although I would book this hotel again, I would not book dinner and I would opt for breakfast only.

I also found that the staff had attitude, which I really don’t like and I was told one day and whilst sitting at the pool bar, that I could only sit here with a shirt on……. it’s a POOL BAR!
I also watched a member of the restaurant staff display serious attitude to an elderly guest, as he enquired why his Cordial Club Discount had not been applied to his drinks bill.

“Could be better”. Would be my conclusion of this hotel.

1  Thank RWKW