Grandview Hotel
Conrad
US$111
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Royal Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$81
US$165
US$160
US$254
US$390
US$367
  • Pool
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$87
US$228
US$197
US$158
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$78
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
All reviewsferry terminalhong kongminute walkfilipino staffindian restaurantfree shuttle servicebottled waterconcierge staffnoodlestaipacasinobellmanrenovationtoiletriesminibarbuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It's location is good near by (walkble distance) Galaxy and sports stadium there is no Grand view from Room but it is worth full with service i appreciate this management to maintain a good library along with fitness center lobby not so spacious but Good lobby staff they always busy but they do service with patience and keep smile,Breakfast also Good we can't expect more from Chinese dishes we can manage with Fruits and Milk / Tea .In front of this Hotel we can find one 7 /11 store also one Thailand's 4 Faces temple later i knew that near by this many Thai people is living.

Room Tip: Higher floors for Good view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SPECIALDAY
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I booked this hotel as it seems to be reasonable compared to others hotels, room prices in Macau are over hyped anyways. Me and my friends family booked two Premier Deluxe Room for 1 night. Our Check-in was handled by a lady, she was good in her English and with smiles all the time, told that we will be upgraded to Executive rooms. The process took no more than 10 mins. I was initially thinking that this upgrade is a gimmick and probably we will still be put into similar rooms i booked. I was wrong since we stayed on 18th floor which is executive floor. Felt nice for the gesture. We had a infant daughter and so i requested the baby cot which was made available to us. The baby cot was beautiful, white in color with soft pillow and small quilt.

Our rooms had views of local apartment complex only, the bed was amazing big and soft. The complimentary water bottles, safe lock, refrigerator, toiletries were all good. There is a big shelf with hangers to keep the cloths. Rooms and carpets were clean and beautiful. I checked the TV which has good number of English channels.

Later on went around the hotel to check the gym, Swimming pool but found no people using it. I tried the Sauna which was free for guests. Didn't bother about checking Wi-Fi.
Bus stop is close by and Taipa Village is walk-able. Indian Restaurant is around the hotel.

For the sightseeing i conversed with the bell boy, he was kind enough to hand me the Map of Macau and lot of small cards with tourist attractions picture & address. He helped me with the bus numbers to reach different destinations and suggested me to take taxi for few of them. This was very useful for me.

On the other side of the lobby was a Casino but didn't bother to enter it. On the day of check-out, we left the baggage until evening.

Overall i was happy to stay here and i could reach most of the attractions of Macau without much trouble using public transport from this hotel. For the way back to Ferry terminal i used the free shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dashing_traveller
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is offers slightly less that what I would expect from this budget range. Its a casino hotel. There are a lot of mainland tourists here who are only here to gamble.

Its a short drive from the Ferry terminal and hotel offers free shuttle. I just found it easier to catch the 28A bus from the ferry terminal and stop of the Tapia square stop. About 2min walk to the hotel.

The reason I booked this hotel, was it offered free WiFi. Heads up only free WiFi is in the lobby. Very limited number of seats and always packed. Hard to Skype back home.
You can buy 3hr or 24hr WiFi pass from hotel for $50/100 but catch is its continious use. Once you start using thats it. The staff couldn't explain the 24hr service if I leave for dinner and come back, can I continue using it. They didn't understand the service themselves.

Very comfy bed. Cleanliness is the best. Its good but not 4star good.

Taxi service is alright here. They don't like short trips though

Room Tip: Free WiFi only in lobby. Research 28A buss line in Macau. Good way to get to hotel from Ferry Terminal
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank exfiji
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel is based in the small town a short taxi ride from the Venetian and Cotai Strip. Whilst the hotel is lower in price than the hotels based nearby it is still overpriced for what you get. The hotel houses mainly Chinese tourists who are there to do one thing, gamble.

When I had a problem regarding my booking the western manager was very helpful and sorted the situation out which was opposite to the the Asian staff who wanted to charge more than double the price of the room, thankfully the western manager was there.

I would say stay here as a last resort only

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the location (10 minute walk to the main strip) and facilities at the hotel. It is fairly basic but was perfectly acceptable and the room service was especially good. The staff were friendly and the hotel was clean and good value for money

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends