See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2014

Myself and my wife stayed in this hotel from 14 to 18 november for the Macau grand prix.
I booked it in febuary to ensure we had a place to stay close to the race circuit. I requested a high floor quiet and no smoking and that is what we got.At 100 euros a night it is not cheap but being high season it was worth it. Our room was 1605,16 floor quiet and nice size room.Staff at reception very nice and passable english.Location is very good with bus stop near by.Bus travel around Macau city is manic.(pushed into bus by other commuters) very busy all times of day.Taxi in Macau are very cheap but expect to wait 30 to 45 minutes for one.All said and done
lovely hotel and city

Room Tip: Construction work was going on at ground level so choose a high floor unless you like getting up at 7am in the morning
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank atcBangkok
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The cheap rooms are matchbox small but clean and have everything you need particularly if you are in the city to be out and about. There are standard sized rooms available but for a higher price.

The location is good if you are happy to take a 10 minute bus ride you'll find yourself in the heart of the casino strip, the bus leaves from close to the hotel. Also nearby has a small supermarket, bakery, and McDonalds if you're missing a western fast food fix.

Considering the sky high prices that would be paid at any of the big brand casion hotels this is great value and close to the main action.

Staff are really helpful and have good English.

Room Tip: Go for the economy room if you don't mind matchbox, if you need a little more space go for standard size
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WWE2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed there for a night and the hotel was very comfortable and in my budget. We stayed in a triplet room, the room was small but good. There are many food joints near by the hotel so eating out was fun.

Overall satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yasin P
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. I think that I paid for 2 nights. The staffs didn't tell me that I paid just for 1 night.. And the next day, I can't enter my room, cause the room is locked. I was very panic. My sister went to staff room and they told to my sister that we must paid for 1 night 'again'. I think that's not effective.
I think the room was clean, but the aroma is an old wood aroma. Everything is good here
Oh ya, talking about the location, this hotel is very accessible. Near the hotel there are many restaurant and supermarket
That's enough for all. I recommend this hotel to you @Macau

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Prita P
Reviewed 26 August 2013

You get what you pay for with Fu Hua Guang Dong because Macau is a pricey place. This hotel would fall into the cheap and cheerful category on most aspects. The rooms are comfortable and provide basic amenities. Front desk staff speaks passable English, yet most other guests we encountered were Chinese. Staff members were courteous, yet ineffective, in calling taxis. The location is in a residential area and there are no other hotels around for a couple of miles- it is well outside most tourist attractions or casino congestion. There are a few restaurants and shops nearby, but the big malls are more than walking distance away. It compensates for the lack of coffee shop in the hotel (the room manuel implies that there is one).
As others have stated, the beds are hard. There is no wifi or shuttle bus service. There was also no bathtub in room 2105 . The smell was the biggest issue the hotel had. From the moment you walk in, the hotel smells damp. The food smells from the restaurant permeated the elevator. Our room smelled like a sweaty ashtray full of chicken skin. Mold grew on the seal of the mini-fridge. There was hair on the clean towels. New toiletries were THROWN, not placed, onto the bathroom counter with no regard to the fact that the old ones had never been touched. Better upkeep would greatly improve this place.
If you just need a place to crash, Fu Hua Guang Dong Hotel fits the bill.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends