“Everything is good except the price”

81/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana
Reserve with OpenTable
81/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 795 Restaurants in Macau
Reviewed 3 February 2017

We went to the restaurant for a dinner. The restaurant has very nice decoration (see photo 1 and 3) and was broadcasting music all the time.
We ordered Brittany Burrata Cheese Ravioli, Brittany Blue Lobster and Montebianco. Free appetiser was served. The Italy-made vinegar and the olive oil for the bread was tasteful. The Ravioli was excellent. Well, Italian food in Italian restaurant should be excellent! The service was excellent too. They divided the Ravioli into two dishes for us. Waiters/waitresses told us the name of the food and explained to us the ingredients. The table was cleaned regularly using a crumb scraper.
However, they were unable to divide the lobster into two dishes (see photo 8). It was because there were only 5 pieces of lobster. The taste was very good but it cost MOP598!
Pre-dessert was served (see photo 4) before the dessert. Very few restaurant has this thoughtful arrangement. Credit should be given to this restaurant.
We will return to this restaurant to try their other Italian food.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

I have to say Bombana Macau is better than Bombana Hong Kong in many ways. The setting of the restaurant is much prettier and romantic(given the dark lighting). The service is not super attentive but not as casual as Hong Kong. I visited Bombana Hong Kong once during lunch and the service was super quick and casual. I didn't feel like I was dining at a Michelin starred restaurant at all. Even though it was lunch i felt like they could do a bit more. The service in Bombana Macau was a bit better, server were more attentive and proper. Food was amazing, again tasted better than the ones in HK. I enjoyed every single dish with brasied and seard waygy beef as my favorite.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

My wife and I went to Macau for an one-day vacation. We usually booked a good restaurant for lunch to wait for the check-in time of our hotel. This time we arrived on Sunday and so we went to Bombana for lunch (because Bombana only served lunch for Saturdays and Sundays). Usually we bought the wine with us and simply paid the corkage fee. But this time we were in a rush and so we asked the restaurant staff to recommend the wine for us. Their assistant manager, Victor Long, was very helpful and recommended a very nice Italian white for us. It went very well with the pasta dish as well as the toothfish. The Barolo Ceretto also went very well with my Wagyu beef.

1  Thank ckyip0114
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Amazing from start to finish! I was worried that my expectations might be too high but they were definitely exceeded many times during my visit and I can't wait to visit their other restaurant in Shanghai as I live not far away

I chose the degustation menu plus the additional drinks and truffles with the pasta and everything was amazing. I would definitely recommend going all out and trying the full menu. I particularly loved the king crab salad, foie gras with hazelnuts, tagliolini with white truffles freshly shaved at the table and the montebianco to finish. Absolutely divine!

The service throughout was perfect and the staff couldn't have been more attentive. I would definitely visit again if I was in Macau and would recommend to others

I look forward to visiting in Shanghai soon

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

This was by far the best single Michelin-starred restaurant I have ever dined at. Sometimes restaurants compensate by pairing good food with great service, or great food with average service. Not at 8 1/2, this was an astonishing display of culinary genius, perfectly paired wine and impeccable service. We all started with a perfectly chosen bottle of red - and relatively reasonably priced as we requested - and a wonderful palate warm-up consisting of shrimp and caviar. This was accompanied by an assortment of breads,suburb olive oil and a 12 year aged balsamic. I myself have celiac disease (extreme allergy to gluten) so the chef prepared me a gluten free Italian bread that was fantastic. It took a little time to decide since the menu is quite extensive and everything looked amazing, including the set menu wine pairing from which my friend ordered and she was absolutely delighted. My good friend and I however opted to choose two mains since it was white truffle season and life is about options. I absolutely love white truffles and I was expecting amazing but this blew all expectations out of the water. I ordered the white truffle risotto as my first main and the lamb as my second (don't judge). The Executive Chef Antimo Maria Merone, came out with a white clothed cart with both of our truffle dishes, next to them was a crystal vase full of white gold! He proceeded to generously blanket the risotto with fresh shaved truffle until it looked like a king sized duvet covering the dish completely. (See photos). I truly don't have words for how absolutely amazing this dish was, so you can only imagine how confident the Chef must be to allow a somewhat ordinary second main to follow. Ha! The lamb was everything but ordinary, the single, second and third...Best bite of lamb I have ever had! My friends chose to finish with a cheese plate that looked and they tell me was absolutely delicious, I chose to order off menu and go with an affogoto! Perfect ending to a night I will never forget.
It is impossible to describe how absolutely amazing my experience was at 8 1/2 from the Executive Chef, to the GM ( Danny Allegretti) and the rest of the highly trained staff. It takes every single one of you to make this place great and I want to thank you all for allowing myself and my friends to have a life time memory and save us a trip to Italy in order to experience greatness! I highly recommend this restaurant and it is worth every cent! Lastly if you have a gluten allergy and typically avoid Italian food due to lack of options, I assure you the chef and staff at 8 1/2 will exceed your expectations. Thanks again and we will see you again soon.