Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
US$135
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$145
FindHotelUS$146
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2019

I've looked for a hotel room in Bad Ischl with air conditioning and finally found this hotel. Not every room has air conditioning, only some deluxe room. Thank God I requested a room with one because it was a really hot summer. The air conditioning unit was quiet. The room is very spacious and it was facing the river. Very nice view of the river and the mountain.
Breakfast is included in the room rate. Small refrigerator. No coffee or tea maker in the room. We also reserved and paid extra for parking. Glad we did because Bad Ischl is a pretty busy town with lots of cars and small (narrow) streets. This hotel is centrally located. Very close to shops and restaurants.
Breakfast was good. We were here for 4 nights. We also had half board. Dinner was good too but the restaurant could get really stuffy because one night it was quite full and since it was really hot during the day (in the high 80s) so it's not comfortable. They should install air conditioning in the restaurant.
Overall it's a really nice hotel and everyone was so friendly. Would go back if we decide to visit the area again. Very charming place.

Room tip: Get a room with air conditioning if you plan to come in summer time.
Date of stay: August 2019
edwingruber, Inhaber at Hotel Goldenes Schiff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2019

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review in detail!
We appreciate that we could meet your expectations.
We hope that you will visit Bad Ischl and our hotel again!
Kind regards, Edwin Gruber

Reviewed 1 September 2019

I spent an extraordinary week in Hotel Goldenes Schiff in Bad Ischl from 26/8/19 to 1/9/19. I had been there before. My personal experience made me book this hotel again and I will do it again in the future.
I stayed in room 402, which had a bed with a comfortable mattress, a spacious wardrobe with a safe, a desk, a mini bar with a good offer of drinks, especially Austrian and Italian ones, nuts and other sweets. What I liked best was the balcony opposite Lehar Villa, from which I enjoyed the magnificent panorama of the surrounding mountains like Katrin and Siriuskogel, the River Traun, and Esplanade. I was surprised how soundproof the hotel was. The bathroom was tiny, but always perfectly clean. I had enough towels, a very useful bathrobe, and when I needed more, I was politely given what I had asked for.
The staff was always very friendly.
The breakfast in this hotel was a treat, like in the past. Many different rolls, cakes, sorts of excellent bread. Six types of jam. Lots of sausages and ham. Egg with and without parsley. Six sorts of juice. Champagne. Muesli. Cheese. I could go on and on. See yourself when you are there.
The location of the hotel is very central. Excellent I would say. Café Zauner is thirty meters away. The other main sights can be reached in few minutes, the train station is five minutes away on foot. I could not think of a better choice for my next stay in Bad Ischl.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2018 via mobile

Hotel Goldenes Schiff lies on the River Traun, in Pfarrgasse, so it is rather central. From here you can easily walk to all the attractions of Bad Ischl. Café Zauner, Pfarrkirche and EurothermenResort are not far away. The location of this hotel is ideal.
My room was nice but a bit small. The service was okay. The breakfast buffet is worth mentioning because its offer was rich and diversified. I hope I will come back!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
edwingruber, Owner at Hotel Goldenes Schiff, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2018

Dear guest!

Thank you for your nice review about yout stay at our hotel.
We appreciate that you enjoyed our central location and especially our breakfast!
Hope to see you again!

Kind regards,
Edwin Gruber

Reviewed 3 December 2018 via mobile

I went to this hotel reading the reviews. Paid 230 euro for a room. Surprisingly there was no coffee or tea in the room. Restaurant was fully booked and they asked me to eat somewhere outside.
My daughter puked a little on the carpet and i asked for a cleaner but they said they dont’t have any cleaner now. The lady offered us a new room. Next day during checkout they charged us 80 euro for the same. The lady at the reception told us that if you are at home then you will clean yourself.
The location of the hotel was good. Its very near to eurotherm.
Overall a bad experience for the money which I paid.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
edwingruber, Owner at Hotel Goldenes Schiff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2018

Dear Sir from India!
I deeply regret that your daughter didn't feel good and had to vomit. This happened in the evening and we offered to change the room which you had booked on this day for one night.
As we had to clean the carpet professionally wet we had a considerable extra effort to clean this room and we were not able to sell it on the day after as there was no good smell.
Therefore we charged you an extra fee for it which you heavily tried to avoid to pay.
And therefore you gave us a very bad review.
Once again we are sorry that somebody has personal troubles but extra services have to be charged even if we have the risk to get a bad review - as from you. Easily to recognize what your intention was.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

What a great surprise to find a hotel so close to the centre of Bad Ischl and with a restaurant serving meals right on the banks of the River Traun. Handy to all the local attractions, especially the Museum, Siriuskogl and Franz Lehar Villa. Good room and bathroom facilities, very reasonable menu and helpfull staff made for a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
edwingruber, Owner at Hotel Goldenes Schiff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Sir,
thank you for your excellent review! We really appreciate that you enjoyed our great location and our hotel services!