US$153
Purdy Lodge(Belford)
US$80
US$67
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

St Aidan Hotel(Seahouses)
US$210
US$204
  • Restaurant
1,377 results
All reviewsafternoon teabeautiful hotelmorning roomjacuzzi bathgeorgian roompublic roomsspa facilitiesrobes and slipperslovely groundshigh standardsconesfirst classwedding receptionwedding guestsevening mealboth nightsdining room
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Amazing place to stay close to Bamburgh Castle and Seahouses. The hotel is immaculate, rooms a very good size and the grounds for walking are terrific. Very friendly and helpful staff and the restaurant was fantastic for dinner. Highly recommended and we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Doxford H, Reception at Doxford Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to our restaurant and the rest of the team here at Doxford Hall. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

My mum and I came to stay at this hotel we got there after a really long drive up, staff very friendly and helpful. The holiday could have started badly as we enquired about dinner and were told that we could book the dining room but there is a dress code.

My mum looked at me and said have you brought anything else other than jeans,of which I replied no.

There was no warning of this anywhere!

But we had a lovely light dinner in the bar which was wonderful.

Breakfast was beautiful and afternoon tea a real treat.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Arrived a bit late due to road closure. Got completely lost even though we only live 20 mins away. Rang to advise we were lost. Lady on phone was not blessed with navigational skills. Arrived ten minutes late. Were told our table was “down that corridor”. Eventually located table in the bar. I had asked for a ‘proper’ table but did not expect to be sat in the bar with radio 2 playing in the background. No one came to explain the procedure and menu menu. Eventually someone did appear. We ordered our afternoon tea. Tea arrived immediately. Food some time later. The tea had been consumed. Ordered more tea and had to ask for hot water. Staff were sparse, not really that friendly. I’m sorry to say this was our third visit and sadly our last. I’m sure when my review is read by the establishment it will be met with derision. Your loss Doxford Hall. Plenty of other places to spend my disposable income

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne R
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Stayed with my wife on a Sunday night,the hotel is quite remote which I like beautiful building in lovely surroundings about 5 miles from seahouses,we checked in at 3pm and had booked one of the coach houses which are outside of the main hotel building the reception gave us our key went down to the coach house which is about a 5 minute walk to find the room had not been serviced from the last guest so we returned to reception which apologised and gave us some tea while we waited about 40 minutes,once we got into our room again everything was brilliant the room was spacious clean warm with a huge bathroom we didn’t eat in the restaurant because quite frankly the prices are a complete rip off so we drove to seahouses instead and ate in a lovely restaurant there,the breakfast was very good the leisure facilities are excellent and would definitely stay again

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevinno7
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We visited for out 1 year wedding anniversary. The staff on reception were fab. Very understanding of our personal circumstances.cannot fault them. We stayed in croquet which is one of the coach house rooms. The room decor was beautiful and bed was so comfy i didnt want to get out of it.As we were staying at doxford hall i expected high stangards but there were just a couple of things that let it down for us slightly. The room had ALOT of cobwebs in it especially near the curtains and beams. There were a few insects crawling around the bathroom floor...they looked very much like ants. Also the glasses were filthy.. they had toothpaste or something or similar that had run down the sides. Also the breakfast for me was disappointing. The toast was cold and floppy. It resembled warmed bread rather than toasted bread and we wanted a poached egg which was well over cooked. Overall good but slightly disappointing however we would visit again as we did enjoy our stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple