“Central location, that's it”
Review of Toyan Hotel

Toyan Hotel
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Tomsk
Reviewed 8 January 2015 via mobile

The hotel is pretending to 4 stars, however I'd hardly rate it that high. They claim some special design but it's just dark and strange design. Breakfast is served in basement and represents the poorest experience I ever had: the service is very poor and food is just awful. The room was on the first floor facing reception, bad soundproof, quite disturbing. Poor wifi. Was very unpleasant seeing maid rushing to the room when checkout to see if I have stolen towels.Would not stay there another time.

Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank Baiser

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Hi all! My name is Mike. I hold my own business in Russia. I've tried to book this hotel 2 months before by phone. The girl at reception answered me that they have a problem with a booking program and she will book a room for me and will contact me when she will do that. And she ensured me that the room is 100% booked.

I've got no calls for 2 weeks and called by myself. The girl answered that they still have problems with that program and again promissed to call be. But noone called me again. The last time I called was 2 weeks before arrival. And the girl in the phone told me that she did not hear about me at all! And she told me that I have no booking there and there no rooms for me at all! And I could not find another quality room for my stay because its hard to do in Tomsk, 2 weeks before arrival.

They even did not appologise and they refused to connect me with the director of the hotel. She did not want to talk with me!

This is not a wellcoming hotel. And clients for the personnel of this hotel is just annoying thing that they don't like and don't want to deal with...

Room Tip: Don't come here at all
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Mike070rus
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I've stayed there for 1 week in June.
Staff and service was very good, all of them speak English.
Room size is nice, very good bed, and with aircondition in the room.
The bathroom very nice and a super shower.
Bad things: Rooms and interior are very dark, all in black and brown, when enter the hotel in daytime, you will feel it as night inside. the toilet model they choosed have a problem with flushing out... So you have to flush 2-3 times...
Minibar is quite expensive, but a good selection of all from peanuts to chocolate...
In the basement is restaurant "Stone Bridge", the quality of the food is very high, but prices also higher than normal restaurants. The included breakfast was good. And the staff very nice! (And you allowed to smoke in the restaurant)
I will return to this hotel again, it's worth it!
PS. Wifi works with good speed as well, and are included in the room price.
Also don't leave the window open, if it's in june, you will have 10 million of flying insects in the room... But in reception, they were nice and gave me electric-poison-ball... so they was gone in 2 hours...

Room Tip: Choose rooms in direction of the bridge/road to church,
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SorenRisager
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Expect to stay in the black of elegance. The walls and the floor are made of black tyles. The bathroom is more like a modern steel and glass. The food is not excellent but no worse than in other places around.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 27 August 2011

+ hotel is positioned right in the center, adjacent to the hill with an old wooden buildings dating back to 18th century - and also a great view of the city
+ very modern, yet slightly small rooms in brown and red colors, with a great walk-in shower and heated floor in the bathroom
+ nice restaurant downstairs with an attentive staff and very reasonable prices
+ well-trained and polite reception staff

- very narrow entrance and steps to the lobby with very little lighting (maybe a kind of design? but could be thought of better)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple