Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
US$56
US$47
York House Hotel(Wakefield)
US$83
Holiday Inn Express Wakefield(Wakefield)(Great Value!)
US$43
1,536 results
All reviewsgroupon dealevening mealleisure facilitiesset menuleisure clubtea coffeeweekend breakfood was lovelystayed for one nightan overnight stayplenty of parkingexcellent value for moneygood nights sleepgymwakefieldmotorwaysupplement
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

If Royalty choose to stay at the Cedar Court in Harrogate, I can't grasp how it's the same chain.
The restaurant, bar and exception area are fresh, modern and comfortable. And the food was generally good.

But elsewhere the decor was really dated, to the point of being down right ugly and mismatches in some places. The room was basic, shower took forever to get hot and I ended up using the kettle to fill the cistern just so I could flush the lol because it was so slow to refill!!

Thoroughly unimpressed if I'm honest. Definitely needs a refurb.

Stayed: July 2016
James L, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Dear MarkF,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read that we did not meet with your expectations and I would like to sincerely apologise for this. As the manager at the hotel, your feedback is extremely valuable to me, in order to make improvements in the guest experience. Over the last few years we have refurbished 60% of our bedroom stock and public areas and plan to carry this on later in the year.

I sincerely hope that this would not deter you from returning and we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We came here for the use of the spa and afternoon tea with prosecco part of the Groupon deal which we got for our first wedding anniversary.
We were given a warm welcome, though we were told that we had to have our afternoon tea at 1pm, because that's what time we booked it. Over the phone nothing was said about that, all I was asked was what time were we coming for that what it said on the terms of the Groupon.
We sat to have our afternoon tea, and was served by a lady who was pleasant. We asked if we could have our prosecco after we've been to the spa, which she said that's not a problem, and would leave a note just incase she wasn't there when we came back.
The afternoon tea have to say was average. Bread was a little dry and scones too. The cakes were nice and good selection.
After we went to the spa and we enjoyed it. From swimming pool to going in the sauna and Jacuzzi. The only one little thing is putting a water fountain in the swimming area well as in gyms reception. Had to quickly dry myself just to fill water bottle up.
After swim/sauna, we came up to the bar for our prosecco. We were disappointed the serving we had. We had a mere half a glass of the stuff. We both saw another couple who had the Groupon offer with full glasses. I could have questioned it but because the bar was busy due to having a function on I couldn't see anyone.
I don't weather it was because we a Groupon deal or came on wrong day, but we'll think again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear tallpaula1975,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed that you were not entirely happy with your spa / afternoon tea at Cedar Court Wakefield, I can assure you that we didn’t short change you because of the method in which you booked as the operational team on the day are not aware of how you booked jus that you are here for sparking afternoon tea.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cedar Court Wakefield in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

With its spotless rooms, relaxing spa, swimming pool, Gym, sauna and steam room was well worth the money and then breakfast, fantastic buffet with good quality foods. Breakfast staff were amazing too, especially Jen. Thank you and will see you again soon.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Yorkye
James L, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Yorkye,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit.

I was thrilled to read that we met with your expectations and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cedar Court Wakefield in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night which is a lovely place, nice room, great staff! However, attended a 'party night' in the Rowan Suite which was shocking. Music was rubbish the so called DJ didnt have a clue. Music was very lack lustre and boring. People only up dancing as desperate to have a good night, that is the basis of a party night, the music?? As for the dance floor, way too small for amount of people crammed in! Now for the food, wow, who serves belly pork? Its 2016 not 1916!! Everyone was complaining at how awful it was. Overall, VERY disappointing night was had by all.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Thelma_L0uise67,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed that you were not entirely happy with your stay but very pleased to read that you were happy with your room. I was surprised to read your comments about the entertainment as the feedback we had received prior to this was good, hence why the dance floor was full. Belly pork is a very popular dish in a lot of restaurants right now and still on trend.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Room, location and amenities all perfectly acceptable. However the staff extremely polite warm and helpful. Particularly Jon and members of the catering team in the morning who all went above and beyond in order to prepare a great vegetarian breakfast - delivered with a smile.

Exemplary staff.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank michaelmas10

Dear michaelmas10,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that we met with your expectations and I particular the service you received from Jon in particular, please be assured that I will pass your comments onto him.