“Lucy Richardson”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Our favorite place to relax with wonderful food! Staff are so friendly and the food is perfectly cooked each time we visit

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We visited Sunset Taverna after passing it several times during our holiday, from the outside it looked inviting, it was also recommended to us by several of the other guests at our hotel. We arrived quite late one evening to a very friendly welcome, after been shown to our seats we were shown that days cuts of meat and fish - this helped both myself and my husband make our choice. The waiter went out of his way to help me with a sauce for my steak, both our steaks were cooked to perfection - you really didnt need to use the steak knives provided you could have cut them with a spoon! We both commented they were the best steaks we have ever tasted, along with the accompaniments - veg and jacket potato/chips/rice - total compliments to the chef.
The taverna was clean and really inviting with a fountain in the middle of it, the service is 1st class - we would also recommend the apple pie & cheesecake which was delicious. Nothing was too much trouble at all. Highly Recommended - its worth mentioning you do get what you pay for, as this isnt the cheapest taverna but is well worth the few extra euro's to eat there.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing food the fish and steak meals are wonderful loved it our favourite. The staff are so nice the service is first class would highly recommend especially the lemon cheesecake it's delicious.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Visited on 30 September. Very welcoming, showed us the various cuts of meat and fish that were available (didn't ask is we were vegetarians first - we're not, but if you are maybe make it clear to waiter before being seated)! Having just some bread to start, for main course I had salmon, my wife had the lamb shank,which was her best main course she had during our holiday, very tender, nice vegetables. I had banana split, and my wife had ice cream special for dessert, after which we were both full and glad we did not have a starter. Both were very good. Drink prices reasonable. There are many places to eat in Kos town, many cheaper than Sunset taverna, but I don't think you'll get better food cheaper anywhere else.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We visited sunset with friends who come here regularly, and I can see why. The décor is cozy and relaxing, Tommy the host is charming, and he explains the menu and shows you the speciality meat and fish of the day. The food was lovely, we had lamb shank, so tender and the accompanying potatoes and vegetables were well cooked, the drinks were good, nice wine. We were given a complimentary cocktail to finish what had been a lovely night. well done all.