“Loved it, fantastic paella!”
Review of Casa Salvador

Casa Salvador
Ranked #3 of 154 Restaurants in Cullera
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Fabulous location, very relaxing and very Spanish! Just what we were looking for. Service was very good too.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on a trip from Valencia to Calpe. I had read about it being the best restaurant in the Valencia area for paella. It sits on the banks of an estuary just outside the town of Cullera.
As we approached the town and drove along the streets to the restaurant I began to wonder if I had made a mistake suggesting we eat there. It feels like it is in the back of beyond. However, it is a great restaurant and well worth the effort of getting there. We had the most amazing paella and sat on the shaded terrace next to the river. It was very busy, mainly with large tables of Spanish family groups enjoying huge pans of paella. There is a reason people make the effort to go there and a reason the restaurant was full.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Found this place on a random website and what a find.... it's in a really odd place which feels in the middle of no where... driving up we thought what are we doing here as environment did not shout high quality.... but we were lucky to get get a table outside and within 30 mins every table was taken.... had the best paella I have ever eaten.... choice of 10 plus paellas.... amazing.... avoid the tourist rubbish around and give this place a bash

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

A spectacular view On the river close to the sea with a variety of wellprepared spanish dishes and Great service. The best place in Cullera for me. But u Need a Car or taxito get there.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Cullera is not supposed to be a very fashionable place: crowded beaches surrounded by mostly ugly appartment buildings. However, the Estany de Cullera (a lake connected to the sea) is enterely different, peaceful and quiet. Casa Salvador displays a terrace overlooking the eastern bank of the Estany. Its ideal romantic setting will make the delight of young -and not-so-young lovers, especially at sunset: This comes at a price, of course and so does the impecable quality of food and service.
Paellas -and rice in its multiple preparations- are usually NOT ordered for dinner. However you have the choice of many other excellent dishes. I was there with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had fresh red schrimp from Denia (a delicacy that sells at 9 euros apiece ), scallops, mussels, fried eel and a fabulous filet mignon on foie gras. The choice of desserts was limited and mostly uninteresting. We accompanied our dinner with a bottle of a standard gewurztraminer (my wife's choice). I would have ordered, instead, a bottle of white wine from the Marina Alta (Alicante) a perfect match for fish and seafood. I did not insist because I was driving and, therefore, drinking just a small glass. Beware of roads taking you to Casa Salvador; they are narrow and heavily trafficked by cars, and bikes!
We paid 130 euros and kept absolutely no regrets.