2,566 results
All reviews the blue room deck restaurant ted's tour happy hour fish blades family rum punch party superior room across the road the activities desk family run hotel palm trees top floor the gap gift shop mama mia small reef
Reviewed 28 January 2017

Great hotel. Not a 5 star but very nice accommodations. No lotions in the bathroom but so what? Staff is friendly and helpful. I requested a room in an area where I have stayed before and was given an end room just where I wanted to be. Easy access to the beach boardwalk. Not one complaint. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank jbreakwell44
CoconutCourtBGI, Guest Relations Manager at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Thank you for your review and for selecting Coconut Court for another stay. We try to accommodate as many room requests as possible, especially when our guests have a good understanding of the options available to them. We are pleased that you had a great time and have already pledged to return in the future. One love!

Reviewed 28 January 2017

went to barbados in january. it started out a snow storm and flights cancelled , we lost a night and coconut court was so awesome they gave us an extra day so we wouldnt lose out.had a top floor, gorgeous view, private balcony,clean room , beds were not that great they sure could use new ones .. our house keeper was jasmine , so friendly!! there wasnt a coffee maker so they found us one and filters, had to buy our own coffee. the hot water was broken, Mark the owner came and explained they cant find the problem yet., water was cold, room was 55, but Mark gave my friend an i a free dinner and he is a very kind man friendly and we always seen him around the hotel, very involved., he even remembered our names.. the beach was clean a bit rocky on one side ,great for swimming, went early to save a chair, the deck restaurant was good food and Mark was our fav waiter, and Annette was fav waitress.. Radford at security and Keenan the bell boy were both helpul , sweet and made us laugh. Whentte in gift shop was so helpful, explained how to get bus, which was our highlight of our trip was the reggae bus, takes you all over for $1 am , it small white van with loud music and they jam 2x the people in per seat !!! it was an awesome experience. we took an awesome tour with RCR tours.. they went above and beyond with there tour! id highly recommend rick and cindy !!!! barbados is a beautiful country , they showed us all over... it was very expensive eating out , went to oistons for fish at mo s . at the hotel there is a board walk to walk to blakeys, restaurant , coconut hotel had entertainment music and was awesome, had a movie under the stars.. it is a 41 year family run business, was a great hotel and nice people , and id highly recommend it! i paid 1300 for flight and hotel and for the money it was worth a beach front hotel ... hotel was quiet at night it was nice music stopped at 10. there was a lovely natural / gluten free , eatery , alos that is where they have a nice farmers market sell fruits vegs and crafts. i believe all rooms are ocean view, was a bonus open door from street and you can see right threw to the ocean ! alot of stairs , i beleive we walked a long 3 flights up but looking up from ocean was 5 th floor.

Room Tip: i was top floor room 55 was away from pool and music, but it stopped at 10 pm was quiet
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank 4travelgirl4

Thank you for your review of Coconut Court. Please join our growing community of guests on our other social media pages if you would like to keep up to date with activities and room specials at the hotel. One love!

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Beautiful beach but very basic room, If I returned to Barbados I would probably stay somewhere else.the decor in the rooms were very mismatch an dated, beautiful island an brilliant people but it's 3star all the way .

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank markmW194VY

Hello Mark, thank you for your review. Our hotel has been in operation for 41 years and over that period we have often upgraded our rooms. This process is done periodically, however we post photos of all of our rooms clearly on our website. We hope that in spite of not finding favor with the decor that you had an enjoyable stay in Barbados. We ask that you reconsider staying with us for a future visit and perhaps consider upgrading to one of our superior ocean front rooms. We are certain that these rooms will meet your expectations and more!

Reviewed 27 January 2017

My husband and I just got back from our trip to Barbados. When we arrived in our room, my jaw dropped. This is definitely a sub-standard room. It was extremely dated with a wonderful view of the rooftop below. Our room was street side as well so you would hear honking all night from the taxi's and people yelling. Definitely not a quiet retreat. The staff here are not that friendly as well. The wait staff act like they are bored and don't want to be there (except the fantastic bar tender Anthony!). It was 11 o'clock on our last night and my husband stubbed his toe on a rock on the beach. We went to the front desk to see if they had a bandaid. Nope, no bandaid. He directed us somewhere up the street, which of course at that hour, was closed. When people need a bandaid, they usually need it right then! The only good thing about the hotel is the beach. The beach that is right in front is beautiful with good snorkeling as well.

Room Tip: I would look elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kelsie D
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear Friend, thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking a few minutes to write this review.

I am sorry that your husband was not assisted properly that night that he hurt his toe. We do keep a medical kit in our office and there are several of them on the hotel property. Please note that these kits are for medical emergency only not for minor injuries or illness. I am sorry that we were unable to assist your husband.

We have been systematically refurbishing all of our guest rooms since 2012. Presently, 75 of our 112 hotel rooms have been completely renovated. The Standard Rooms are the only rooms left to be completed. We have already replaced all of the beds in the Standard Rooms and this has already made a welcomed improvement. The Standard Rooms may not be modern and stylish but they are clean and everything works including the A/C. A good bed and a cold A/C are most important for a good night's sleep! We are not planning a complete refurbishment of the Standard Rooms but we have plans to retile bathrooms, paint, replace furnishings etc.

All of our guest rooms face the ocean - there are rooftops below the Standard Rooms (my photos on the website clearly show this) and if you stand up on the balcony and look straight down then yes, you will see the roofs. If you sit on your balcony, you will be able to see the ocean and the trees. I clearly advertise that the Standard Rooms have views of hotel buildings and partial sea view.

Location, location, location! That is something that Coconut Court has in abundance - we are in a fantastic location, right in the heart of the South coast and close to everything. Realistically, you cannot expect 100% quiet if you are in such a central location. I don't advertise Coconut Court as a quiet retreat. Yes, the road is busy and there are buses that toot their horns - this mostly occurs during the morning and evening traffic periods when folks are travelling to and from work in Bridgetown. I honesty think that your description of people yelling and honking their horns day and night is exaggerated. Most of our guests have no issue with the noise from the road and it is not considered to be excessive.

I read your negative comments about our staff. I am sorry that you were made to feel that way. To be honest, your comments surprised me as we regularly receive such great feedback from our guests about how nice and helpful our staff are. I personally think that it makes a world of difference how we treat other people. If we are high handed or demanding then people may respond to us in kind. A smile and a kind word go a long way! Bajans generally are some of the nicest people that you will meet. We have a longstanding reputation for being polite and helpful and I like to think that our staff at Coconut Court reflect those qualities too.

Thank you for staying with us. Maybe in the future you will come a visit with us again - next time try one of our renovated guest rooms. One love!

Sincerely, Linda Lampkin (owner)

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Great place to stay; friendly, professional service, good food, clean and spacious room. Good location to visit other places in Barbados. The staff and owners go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable! Thanks to you all - Particularly Linda, Jason, Mark and Lona.

Room Tip: All have sea views
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 244patricia

Hello Patricia, great seeing you again. Thanks for your review and hope to see you back with us in the near future. One love!