“Lovely tea shoppe with bubble tea!”
Review of NovelTeas Tea Shop

NovelTeas Tea Shop
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Hastings
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Lovely tea place and the only place in Barbados that serves bubble tea, as far as we know (and according to owner). Great variety of flavors although the store was out of tapioca "bubbles" the day we visited. Very friendly owner. Nice ambiance. We did not eat there but we saw people pick up lunches that they had ordered by phone.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I stumbled upon this place one afternoon whilst browsing the shops. As an avid tea drinker I was in heaven. Such a large range of teas on offer and the knowledgeable staff really make an effort to explain what is in each one and what the health benefits are.

They do offer food as well with a good range of salads and wraps, freshly made there and then right in front of you. They also have sushi, but get there early because it gets sold out very quickly indeed.

So if you want a light snack or simply a healthy lunch alternative to the usual hotel restaurant offering, then then is the place for you.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Amazing menu, quality food and incredible drinks! I'm so glad I was introduced to this hidden gem! I will definitely become their next Regular (i'm sure the list of regulars is long!)

2  Thank DiveWithBarbadosBlue
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

I was doing some shopping in the area when a friend persuaded me to stop in to NovelTeas and I was happy I did.
I was a little overwhelmed at all the tea selections but the owner quickly calmed my fears and we were able to start with the classic Japanese green tea.
The pastries are amazing and I vow to visit again to try some other stuff.
Great job, guys!

2  Thank CorettaAlicia
Raj T, Owner at NovelTeas Tea Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

Thank you Coretta for your kind words. It encourages us to give the best of ourselves to you - our customers.
Your comment of the tea selection being overwhelming at first is a common one, but like you, once I familiarize you about all the teas we do have, it's not so overwhelming. And tea should always provide a sense of peace, balance, and well-being, which I hope you found in our pleasant little shop.
It would be a pleasure seeing you again. Please make a note to say hi on your next visit. Until then have a great cuppa of tea.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Tea salons get my attention everywhere I go, because I prefer light meals with refreshing, non carbonated, overly sweet beverages. Novel Teas was perfect!

The vast selection of teas and salads was a bit overwhelming at first, but I was able to narrow my choices by selecting things I hadn't had before. So I chose the Veg to Please (or something like that) salad because it was dressed with a smoked tea dressing. Had always wanted to try it. When I was offered a choice of lettuce or spinach leaves as base, I knew I had found the right spot for me.

I'm not a big fan of bubble teas, so because I wanted a cold tea, I ordered an "espresso" that had a base of local fruit juice and a "shot" of roobois tea.

Both were excellent new taste experiences! The salad had a hint of heat from the pickled cucumbers, so I want to replicate at home. Dressing was tasty without overpowering salad ingredients.

They also well sushi which seemed to be very popular. They also sell a tofu wrap which I have never seen but want to try if I see it again!

I left inspired to try new salads and teas. Oh! And I left with half my salad to enjoy later. It still tasted good wilted! Can't wait to try to make it at home.

2  Thank Ms411

Dear Ms411,
Thank you for visiting us and for your wonderful words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your salad and espresso tea, both of which are unique to us on the island - our salad ingredients are rich in herbs and spices but our dressings are truly unique as we infuse a variety of our teas in them (like the one you had with the Lapsang Souchong smoked black tea). And the fresh Red juice drink you had which is made from our rooibos espresso containing 5 times the antioxidants of green tea, and loaded with iron and minerals as well.
Sushi is a very popular lunch item and is prepared fresh daily by one of the top chefs in Barbados, so I hope on your next visit you will give this a try (and yes the tofu pockets are excellent).
We look forward to your next visit and please make it a point to say hello.