“Worth a Stop”

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Hastings
Reviewed 5 May 2017

I was passing by on a hot day and decided to stop in for an iced coffee. The drink tasted good and the service was prompt.

1  Thank sipari_traveller

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Every time I leave home to eat, I try to get some different. I tried the grilled chicken wrap yesterday (I normally go for bagel with something in it.) nothing special right? Nope................. except that the wrap skin was gluten free. JACKPOT. I was looking at the menu and it consisted of mainly, milk based drinks, cheese, chocolate, pineapple, wheat, flour, sugar, shrimp............. all the things I can't/don't eat. I mentioned this to the cashier and she picked out the things which had alternatives. She was very understanding and jovial. She picked out a suitable smoothie and I paid for my breakfast. The wrap skin doesn't really have much taste, which I expected but it's WAY easier on the stomach than the other wraps. I had one small issue and the chicken was a bit salty but for someone who uses minimal salt, it was acceptable, the flavours were just right, no grease and just enough to feed your hunger. This place would do well with a garden/beach setting, as it's next to the road, the traffic can be quite annoying. There is A/C inside if you prefer or you can sit with the sunshine and the birds. I will try something different next time I go.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

This was not the way the start off a Saturday morning in paradise. I was unhappy with the bitter cafe latte. The presentation of my panini sandwich was messy and had bits of black crusty flacks from an apparent dirty grill press. I even told the server/cashier and her response, although very polite and personable, ..."next time request less shots because the blended coffee mix is very, very strong". I never asked for extra shots so I was left confused...I won't be back... so I was still needing my caffeine fix so I walk a couple blocks and VISITED THE ARTCRAFT COFFEE SHOP....this spot was A++....

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Great location in the Sugar Bay hotel complex by the main road. Good for a coffee to go to accompany out morning walk on the Boardwalk. Coffee Bean was that extra effort at the end of the Boardwalk. Great service, nice coffee and what looked like lovely snacks.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

The location is off the main road at Worthing (set back behind Massy's supermarket and the Cave Shepherd store. It is in a quaintly called backwater called Peronne Village. Separated from the road and the stores, it is quietly peaceful. Inside it is air conditioned (bliss on a hot day) and coolish on the verandah in front. Restricted menus of wraps (try the crab or curried chicken), panini or large sandwiches. Cool drinks as well as an espresso frescante (ground ice cubes, milk, coffee and chocolate), Delicious. We went there several times during our week in Worthing. Popular with office workers from the couple of banks and with expats chewing the cud. Efficient wifi, Highly commended
NOTE. There is also branch on the top floor of Cave Shepherd main store in Bridgetown, though less scenic!

1  Thank alanreynolds