1,027 results
All reviewsreef restaurantsteak restaurantcollins barsignature roomswim up barjapanese restaurantspecialty restaurantsgirl bandsushimain barpaddle boardswhite company productsbar staffocean frontplenty of sunbedsbeach bagan umbrella
Reviewed 11 October 2016

My wife and I are not big fans of Sushi/Japanese food. However we ate at Umi, last night what a fantastic experience. The food was amazing, well cooked and well presented. My wife who is a fussy eater, loved all the dishes, as did I. The staff were beautifully dressed, friendly and welcoming and gave excellent service. The ambience is wonderful, and the hotel exceeded our high expectations. We have previously eaten at the steak house in the hotel and we could not find any fault there either.
The hotel is in a great location and is a wonderful addition to the all-inclusive hotels in Barbados, in fact it is the best! Finally, I would like to congratulate the management staff at this hotel especially Sharon Hugh-White who is charming, approachable, and very professional. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Absolutely amazing place to stay, everything was bang on, cannot fault this place! Room was lovely, location perfect, food was bloody superb and I'm a fussy person so is my hubby. Staff all brilliant, the Steakhouse was amazing, I could go on and on but come and see for yourself what a fab place this is

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank squirrel41
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Arrived at night and greeted with plate of refreshments and drink. Quick check in. Amazing staff especially Kelly, Kathy-Ann, Petol and Romane. Lots of lovely food and cocktails (ask Romane for a GAY SHARK) Impressed how the tropical storm was coped with. Rooms spacious with iron, ironing board,hair dryer and coffee/tea facilities. Would go back again tomorrow. Good a/c in all rooms and free wi fi.

Room Tip: Ask for either sea view or garden view (garden side quieter)
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed 4 October 2016

We visited mid August and had an amazing stay. Ocean view room worth the small premium as view superb. Everything about this hotel exceeded expectation. Staff in particular are very polite and service extremely efficient. Wedding coordinator (Keisha?) was brilliant at arranging all the activities we wanted to try - nothing too much trouble and a very efficient and well organised system in place. Bar staff always happy to serve you and saw it as a personal challenge when asked to make two delicious cocktails (leaving the choice to them) - we where never disappointed!
Small touches such as providing cold face clothes on the beach and someone to put up a sun shade next to your lounger on the beach made all the difference here.
Could not fault anything with this hotel - truly excellent service and would return without hesitation. Well done all at Sugar Bay!

Room Tip: Ocean view best
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We went on a family holiday through virgin beginning of August. The hotel was lovely... our suite was a deluxe ocean view with a interconnecting deluxe suite for my 2 older children and we had more than enough space! The views were amazing. The staff especially Khaj, Derek and the staff in the buffet restaurant went above and beyond and there was always a jug of warm milk waiting for my youngest at the end of the day.
There were a few teething problems initially but nothing that couldn't be sorted out.
The lazy mongoose was brilliant at the end of day and opposite was the games room.
Would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family