Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall museumfishacross the streettowngrouporganbikescubapercussionsimplemembercitizens
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Our group of 9 cyclist pulled into Niquero and spend a comfortable night in this simple but perfectly serviceable hotel. We had a decent dinner in the resturant and nice breakfast the following morning. The staff was very helpful even making arrangements for a few members of our group that needed a break to catch a private van with their bikes to Manzanillo. I like the Hotel Niquero and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor above the entrance and was quite nice.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2016

This was a must visit. In the French guide, "they are trying for nil point" on the food. A little harsh. 2/10 would be more fair. Centre of an interesting town to walk at night. Not for the light hearted. Nice stop before the southern coast road that NEEDS a 4x4.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are best
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I really liked staying at this hotel. The employees went way out of their way to be helpful and to make our stay pleasant. They arranged for a local singer and her accompanist to perform for us on the rooftop. They tried to accommodate some of our special diet requests. The food is quite basic but good. They were even prepared to let a member of our group into their kitchen to prepare something different. It didn't happen because he didn't feel like cooking that day. I like older hotels so this one really suited me. The player organ across the street with it's large percussion group is a must to see. The best part of the hotel is all the wonderful friendly staff. There is a small park next door to the hotel where you can socialize with the local people. Everyone we met in the town was very friendly. Niquero is one of my favourite places in Cuba.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linfitz
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Well If you stay 24 hours that's OK, but to stay more its a pain.too much noise and dirt coming

from the street,the bar in the lobby has a video and tv set whitch only Cubans are watching,the

volume sometimes very loud.La carpa-beer stand open until 11 pm on the side of the hotel latino

music very loud,once closed the drunk Cubans yelling in the park.In my room air condition noisy

and smell humidity,no hot water any times,shower crooked, TV I never touched,reception desk

friendly and helpful,restaurant expensive and the brekfeast sometimes without the juice,they

steel it,cofee not bad.The skinny guy in the lobby Julio is a chivato-cuban secret police,he ask

you if want a girl

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is the real Cuba. The hotel is next to a sugar cane refinery and a small museum. Niquero is a port city and it is interesting to visit the port and the fishing facilities. In the morning you see all the citizens on bikes going to their places of work. The hotel is cheap and standard but there was hot water, the room was clean and I can't remember anything about the food...so it was probably okay. My cycling friends heard the whistle of the factory but I have earplugs so slept very well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends