Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews touring caravan indian restaurant chip shop swimming pool bowling alley mini golf rocky beach touring field static caravan lovely site severn estuary lovely week big portions weekend break coastal path hot water stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2021

Be prepared to have a surprise when coming to fontygary!!
Every Touring Caravan pitch is packed to each other and there ground is not fully flat. I had a slightly elevated pitch which made me remove the jockey wheel to lower the front end of my caravan to the ground in order to obtain a straight level. Thankfully my dirty water drainage was behind the caravan so I could use a pipe directly. Not so good if the pitch was the other way around.
Everyone around my pitch was very friendly and relaxed to be fair, however I am not sure if that was down the the smoking of weed as I could smell it everywhere!!
Toilet block were often too busy with only 5 toilets and three shower rooms. None of these rooms had any ventilation so I will let you imagine what's instore, and also carry your own toilet paper as they were often empty when I wanted to use the loo.

For a similar price I suggest using certified caravan club sites for a nicer overall experience.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 6 April 2021

Very disappointing, site overcrowded very little space between vans, difficulty pitching caravans using vehicle due to restricted access of adjoining motorhome/caravan/vehicle. Site EHU kept blowing all weekend, refuse area overflowing by Saturday. OWay overpriced for site condition and facilities.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2020

We only stayed here for one night as part of a tour of the Welsh coast, and the weather was rubbish but it was really easy to check-in over the phone so didn't need to get wet. This is a great leisure park and the locals speak very highly of it. We weren't here long enough to take advantage of much as we were just passing through. Had we been staying another night we would have tried the on-site indian restaurant which looked lovely.
We got a taxi to the Hang Fire Kitchen restaurant in Barry which came highly recommended (taxi £16 about 20 minutes away) and would have had a drink in the Fontgary bar when we got back but it was closed. Plenty of vino in the tourer fridge though, and a great value electric hook up pitch at just £15 with top notch wifi available even in the furthest away pitch, which was a bonus.

Reviewed 26 September 2020

Visited the site on my way to Tenby. Excellent customer service throughout and a clean site. They advertise super pitches but the only thing super is the shared water and drain. The pitches are small and you are dependant on your neighbours as to which way around and how you pitch your tourer or campervan. Many of us ended up with our fronts facing the back end of another unit which were within 5 foot. This surely is a safety fire hazard. Others had there awnings or doors facing each other. Not site I would return to. Easy check in in that you are given a barrier code on booking although I think they need to advise customers how to position their units on arrival.

Room tip: Pitches 1,2,3 have views and more spacious
1  Thank keith72
Reviewed 20 September 2020

We needed a weekend break for a family of 4 (2 adults and 3 year old twins).

We were a little hesitant when we saw other reviews of dodgy toilets, small pitches and lack of helpful staff.

Those reviews must be old ones and the owners have definitely acted. The toilet block was spotless, it was a lovely new block and one of the best I’ve ever used. We actually had the 2nd to last available pitch on a corner but there was plenty of room for our 8m caravan and car, we even had space for an awning or second car. As for lack of staff, we spoke to the lovely staff on site and the on call person (out of hours) and all of them were extremely helpful with a smiley / happy approach.

Oh, how could I forget, it has a lovely view of the Severn estuary, we took the twins down to the beach (stoney) to throw some stones into the sea and explore the area,

ALL of the other campers were extremely friendly and polite.

I would definitely give this site 10 stars if I could.