Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews touring caravan indian restaurant chip shop swimming pool bowling alley mini golf rocky beach touring field static caravan lovely site severn estuary lovely week big portions weekend break coastal path hot water stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2021

We returned to Fontagary Park 40 years after spending our honeymoon there back in 1981.
My wife and I were interested to see how the park had progressed to the current time, and were pleased to report that it is looking and performing better than ever.
We stayed a full week to enjoy the surroundings, and left on the final day after purchasing a brand new static caravan on the site, and committing to the next 12 years as residents.
Most of the negative comments made with regard to the park refer to the travelling caravan area and facilities, and no way describes our experience within the main static site.
We look forward to spending the coming years at this tremendous park.

Room tip: Most of the comments applied to a HOTEL ..... this is a CARAVAN PARK!!
Reviewed 12 June 2021

We hired a static caravan to have our own space on our trip to visit family in this area.
Couldn't have been more pleased. Caravan was absolutely spotless, very modern and overlooked the sea. Quiet site with mostly private owners. Only visited the facilities once, amazing views from terrace outside clubhouse, perfect to enjoy a drink in the sun. Had an Indian meal from takeaway on site, delicious
Couldn't fault a thing and def be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqui P
Reviewed 6 June 2021

Be prepared to have a surprise when coming to fontygary!!
Every Touring Caravan pitch is packed to each other and there ground is not fully flat. I had a slightly elevated pitch which made me remove the jockey wheel to lower the front end of my caravan to the ground in order to obtain a straight level. Thankfully my dirty water drainage was behind the caravan so I could use a pipe directly. Not so good if the pitch was the other way around.
Everyone around my pitch was very friendly and relaxed to be fair, however I am not sure if that was down the the smoking of weed as I could smell it everywhere!!
Toilet block were often too busy with only 5 toilets and three shower rooms. None of these rooms had any ventilation so I will let you imagine what's instore, and also carry your own toilet paper as they were often empty when I wanted to use the loo.

For a similar price I suggest using certified caravan club sites for a nicer overall experience.

Reviewed 6 April 2021

Very disappointing, site overcrowded very little space between vans, difficulty pitching caravans using vehicle due to restricted access of adjoining motorhome/caravan/vehicle. Site EHU kept blowing all weekend, refuse area overflowing by Saturday. OWay overpriced for site condition and facilities.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2020

We only stayed here for one night as part of a tour of the Welsh coast, and the weather was rubbish but it was really easy to check-in over the phone so didn't need to get wet. This is a great leisure park and the locals speak very highly of it. We weren't here long enough to take advantage of much as we were just passing through. Had we been staying another night we would have tried the on-site indian restaurant which looked lovely.
We got a taxi to the Hang Fire Kitchen restaurant in Barry which came highly recommended (taxi £16 about 20 minutes away) and would have had a drink in the Fontgary bar when we got back but it was closed. Plenty of vino in the tourer fridge though, and a great value electric hook up pitch at just £15 with top notch wifi available even in the furthest away pitch, which was a bonus.

Date of stay: September 2020