Mukan Resort(Punta Allen)
US$357
US$336
Sol Caribe(Punta Allen)(Great Value!)
US$145
  • Beachfront
The Ascension Bay Bed and Breakfast(Punta Allen)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
US$210
  • Breakfast included
Casa Malca(Tulum)
US$404
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$486/night.

US$678
Casa Pascale(Punta Allen)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
Villas Roseliz(Punta Allen)
All reviewsclub grand slamhis wifeascension bayfly fishingcaptain gregtroutnon judgmentalflats fishingwater taxilodging experienceshallow waterthese guysbeach sidebucket listin decemberanywhere in the worldcaught bonefish
Reviewed 18 April 2009

This was my first fly fishing trip outside the Turks and Caicos and the flats fishing at Club Grand Slam far surpassed anything I have experienced. If it wasn't for my inability to judge distances, I would have landed 2 grand slams; if I did manage to land the slam it would have been thanks to Greg and the guides for excellent instruction. The only thing that topped the fishing was Lupita's cooking; words can do no justice. Thanks again Lupita and Greg!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I live in Montana on a private spring creek, and I've been fly fishing for over 45 years. I am horribly spoiled by this, and I can also afford to fish anywhere in the world, and I have (thanks to a lot of good luck and a bit of hard work). I especially love flats fishing.

I found Club Grand Slam a few years ago. Now I go back every year. I am going again in April 2009 and then again in June. This is the best fishing outfit I have ever found, and I can't say enough about it. It is simply THE BEST flats fishing there is. Period. Bonefish by the thousands, permit all over the place (and BIG ones), tarpon and snook that even a blind man could catch - all together in one place. Just amazing!

I am referring my friends there all the time now, and they are all thanking me and sending their friends. You just can't do better. The prices, location, accommodations, food, guides, and hospitality are a dream come true.

Go now before it is discovered by everyone.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2009

Club Grand Slam proprietors Greg and Lupita were beyond wonderful to us on our vacation to Punta Allen. Our room (two rooms really) was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The shower was hot (& lots of water pressure!) and the AC kept the place cool. And, please, do yourself a favor when you stay at Club Grand Slam; include meals in the package! Lupita is an amazing cook and the portions are huge. Her cuisine is fresh and Mayan; and the garden where meals are served is absolutely lovely.

Believe it our not, we didn't come for the bone fishing but found plenty to do on our own. The nearby swimming, beach combing, and snorkeling opportunities are incredible. Greg showed us miles and miles of deserted beaches and pointed out the good snorkeling spots. There is also a nice jungle hike you can take through the Sian Kahn Biosphere; the trailhead is only minutes away from their place.

Punta Allen is a nice little enclave worth visiting. The people are very friendly and you definitely won't see hordes of tourists. We spent a nice day just walking around town. Make sure you watch the sunset over Laguna Negra from the pier and viewing palapa the town recently built ( and don't forget to bring a bottle of wine).

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank brazilbug
Reviewed 10 January 2009

A fantastic fly fishing experience with guides Fransisco and William. These local fishermen have been guiding for years in Ascension Bay and are very knowledgable not to mention they know all the best spots around. Even for the rookie fly fisher that I am (first timer) I reeled in Bone fish every day we were out - over twenty on my last day.

Accomodations provided by owner, fly fishing instructor and guide, Greg, and his wife, Lupita were always clean and comfortable. We had all the basic comforts of home including A/C. The only exception was television. But who the hell wants to sit in front of that brain drain when life is this good! The beach is just a short jaunt down the street and a small market a few blocks away. The late afternoon downtimes were great for reading or napping and cleaning gear before supper was served.

Lupita cooked generous portions of the most delicious authentic Mexican food for breakfast and dinner. There was always variety and lots of TLC. Meals were served in their private garden just around the corner from our room. She also prepared us sack lunches for the day of fishing. We never went hungry.

Its a long drive to the small fishing village of Punta Allen but the road is well maintained. I liked the feeling of being away from the hustle and bustle of life in this relaxed atmosphere. I'm going back in a few months and really looking forward to it!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2008

First, Punta Allen is in the middle of the Sian Ka'an national park and just a tiny hamlet of local lobstermen. After searching for decent lodging and finding nothing suitable considering the heat of summer, I stumbled on this diamond. It was a little more than the other places, but it had A/C, wireless internet, and a very cool and spacious decor. A local named Lupi and her American husband Greg own it and it is mostly an all included lodge for fishermen, but rent out their suites when there are no guests. Breakfast was included and was outstanding. I ended up paying extra for their meal plan, which was a real winner. Lupi is a very excellent cook and I never went hungry for the 4 days I stayed.

The place is a block from the beach, but I spent my non-fishing down time relaxing and catching up on my reading.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DblHaul1