Fisherman Fishing Lodge
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Casa Malca(Tulum)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclub grand slamhis wifeascension bayfishcaptain gregnon judgmentalwater taximolelodging experienceshallow waterthese guysbeach sidebucket listin decembergreat hostsboat ridegreat cook
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Spent 5 days staying at this fantastic lodge where we were taking care of by mike and the staff. This is a world class lodge that will exceed all expectations. Mike booked fishing trip 3 of the days and we spent that time fishing permit. I would highly recommend grand slam lodge

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Just returned from Club Grand Slam with a couple of buddies and the experience was truly unforgettable starting from the moment we arrived to the day of our departure. Greg along with Lupita and the staff in the kitchen and guides provided exceptional service with that special homy feeling which makes you want to come back.....you truly feel like family! The facility starting from the sleeping accommodation (with AC) to the dinning area was very comfortable and clean. The food was plentiful, delicious and very typical.

All the guides are excellent and really want you to catch fish. The daily boat ride to and from your fishing area is an eco-tour in itself with beautiful scenery and wildlife sightings. Fishing all around was very good with plenty of bonefish and chances at permit.

Thanks to Carlos & Luis for their patience in guiding this rookie fisherman to catch my very first permit!....as well as David and Francisco for their hard work in giving me numerous other chances at more permit.

Mario B

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Just returned from my second trip to Club Grand Slam in Punta Allen. Fishing was great, but the hospitality received from Greg, Lupita and all the staff and guides was what made this my best salt water trip in the past 6 years.

Can't wait to return to the lodge

Anthony

Room Tip: Wifi can be spotty
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2016

This trip could not have been more perfect thanks to our hosts and their staff. My first day of bone fishing as a novice netted me six (6) fish thanks to the help of our two guides. The lodge is 75 feet from the boat docking area. Each boat has two guides so we are constantly fishing either one from the boat or one wading. These guides know where to go depending upon the weather to find fish. Three square authentic Mexican meals a day prepared in the kitchen by the staff. Margarita's waiting for you when you return. Everyday is a full day starting at 7:00 AM and ending at 5:00 PM or later. The rooms have air conditioning all night and you never run out of hot water. Don't mix this lodge up with the other one who has a similar name. Club Grand Slam is the real deal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Air conditioned room and bedding are clean, great food, attentive hosts and friendly non judgmental fishing guides, and excellent fishing - what more can a guy ask for? Last year I fished at a high end lodge in Belize which offered the same accommodations for couple more thousand dollars, but I am not going back there again since bonefish I landed/released at Punta Allen were much bigger. Also, I had much more shots at permit every day I fished at Punta Allen - it was errors on my part that I did not hook them. Lodge has some flies to sell, but it would be wise to tie/buy your own Ascension Bay fly patterns (look them up in YouTube) before you come over.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends