All reviews private beach a family run hotel room was clean lovely beach great location pool hill peloponnese owner village sea
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Our room was on the 3rd floor with an astonishing ocean view. It is a family run hotel. We picked grapes in the property to eat all the time. The owner cooked food for us and was friendly, but breakfast is very simple. We asked for someone to fix the bathtub faucet, and within 5 minutes someone came and fixed it. If your room has garden view it might not be great. Some people smoked outside the dining area which I didn't like.
It only took 3 hours to drive to the Athens airport. We visited original Olympia place and Mycenaean ruins.

Room Tip: Higher floor and ocean front rooms have better view.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2015

This hotel was an amazing place to relax and have a good time. The beautiful view of the beach was extraordinary. The pool bar had great options for snacks also the food was excellent. The room size was perfect and every thing was neat. The service is great and the staff is very professional and friendly. My Vacation was most excellent and do recommend this place to every one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnthelegend2015
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 14 nights, booked a superior room overlooking the pool and sea. The room was clean although in need of updating a little, The view from our room was in a word fantastic, George, Nik & all the staff were very friendly, food was reasonably priced and very nice. Very handy for finikounda, fantastic pool & bar area, nothing to much trouble. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 6 July 2015

We spent two fantastic weeks during June15. Amazing sea view from rooms and nice pool with bar. Hotel is on the small empty beach close to villige Finikounda. Great family service, fantastic meals, clean rooms, simple everything you need for relaxing. Lot of other beautiful beaches around and other places to visit (Methoni, Koroni, Pilos, Voidikilia, Polylimnio waterfalls, Kalamata, Ancient Messini, Olympia). Good to (have) rent a car (ask George:) Whole Messinia is place to return. Definitely will come back, the same hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2015

After business trip in Athens, I decided to visit Messinia, area of South-Western Peloponnese, where I was couple times in summer but never in February. GoldenSun hotel is not listed in booking.com and I found it by chance via Google. I got answer from hotel manager and booking was ready for 3 nights. I am doing my bookings almost always via booking.com, and it this case I did not regret to do do it on other way. First - hotel is on very beautiful place, just before Finikounda (from Koroni direction). It is isolated but close to Finikounda. It has its own beach (which I used for walking) and it is located in a bay, with hills in background. Second - staff is fantastic. Mr.Psiharis Sr. and Jr. adopted me in family. I got fantastic breakfasts and dinners. I was served super tasty oranges just from hotel garden. Mr.Psiharis Sr. is excellent cook with international experience. Room was simple, with good bed and very good pillows. The only issues was relatively cold bathroom (definitely not an issue in summer). Hotel is very close (10 to 15 km) to 3 South Messinia towns - Koroni, Methoni and Pylos which are very worthy to see - very large fortress in Methoni, originally from Byzance time, Koroni with narow streets in the hill and Venice fortress with small monastery and bit newer Pylos, sitting in incredible bay surranded by islets and rocks ... If possible, I will go back ....

Room Tip: All rooms have balcony with beautiful sea view,
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo