“Great atmosphere and superb cuisine”
Review of Borgo dell'Etna

Borgo dell'Etna
Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Giarre
Price range: US$38 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Borgo dell'Etna restaurant seats on a unique location on the slopes of Mt Etna. Hiding through the citrus groves of the riviera, the restaurant is part of the XVI Century estate of the Etna Hotel and offers traditional Sicilian dishes, served in multi level rooms of the refrebished authentic sicilian winery.
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I recommend the selection of starters with an unforgettable " caponatina" which is possibly the best I have ever eaten, with all the ingredients of the Sicilian tradition and a perfectly balanced sweet-sour taste. I specify I am a Sicilian myself, so I know what I am talking about! The " parmigiana" soufflé melted in the mouth and then the real meal started, for me with " pasta con le sarde" followed by fried calamari. Good wine list, nice space between tables, reasonable prices and friendly and discreet service.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

As we are staying at Hotel Etna next door, we have been going to this restaurant frequently. The house white and red are great value for money and very palatable. The pasta dishes are freshly made. Its not an extensive menu but what we have had so far is very nice especially the pasta and fish dishes. Being able to eat outside is a nice bonus for us Brits!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We ate here on our 1st and last night . Really good fresh food very attentive staff and beautiful surroundings.

1  Thank Athena V
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We were staying in the hotel Etna. Next door. I had brusetta followed by pasta with seafood and my wife had spaghetti with mushrooms which she thought was the best pasta she had had in ages. The house wine was also good value

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Restaurant is nicely placed next to the Etna Hotel in a garden setting. Not much atmosphere. Food was fairly simple and quite expensive.