“Fantastic view and good food”

Koh Lanta Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This is a photo worthy location.
There's live Thai culture show and live band (English songs).
Food is tasty but due the lighting, can't see what I'm eating and needed to use HP's torch light.
Service is prompt and attentive.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Nice place , but to big ... Koh Lanta is a very impressive because is big and the architecture is very particular . Place for tourist traveling in big group .

1  Thank sergio l
Reviewed 24 September 2016

I've been here a few times over the last 6-7 years and I've noticed that quality has decreased and the price has increased. I also don't recall so many large planes flying overhead.

We arrive for dinner, behind a bus full of chinese following their flag waver.

Get seated, order water and wine.
Wine arrives, open and taste. Spit out. It's spoiled.
Staff kept pouring. Asked for manager. Manager comes over and agrees that it's spoiled and gives a new bottle. New bottle arrives and it's off too. I ask the manager how they store their wine. Explanation was basically in boxes, near the kitchen (Note: it's 90F, 30C almost every day here)

We ordered a Tom Yam Goong soup, and the staff advises the price will be about 1,200 baht. This local soup can be had with shrimp for 100 baht in food stalls and up to about 300-400 baht in nice restaurants. This place has a gimmick "Fresh river prawn at 1,000 baht per 100 gm" --- Cancel that.

The rest of the food was decent, although my recollection is that it was much better before.

I will likely not return here unless I read something has changed.
Side note: the villa's they rent for 15,000 baht a night on the water are subject to plane flying 22 hours a day. No way!

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Thought i may be able to impress my visiting friends from China with the nicely decorated and sizeable local restaurant turns to be a costly experience.

1  Thank EatCrazy
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Watch out for the seafood prices.....for 2 grilled freshwater shrimp we were charged 2,200 baht. They were charged by weight and allegedly weighed 1kg...... not likely. Nice setting and good service but cant help feel we got price gouged....

1  Thank generalhummer