“Okayish Stay !!”

Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Mactan Island
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The Hotel is nice, comfortable but not very convenient as its long way from the main road which is over 5-7 minutes on the cab just to get to hotel from the main road.

The breakfast served is basic, not a long list of items on the menu though yet most items are repetitive so if you staying a week then everyday you see 80% same menu repeated which isn't really nice.

Smallish swimming pools maybe more geared towards very young kids, same applies to the private beach which is quite small in size..

The staff is fantastic, smiling and willing to help so that aspect is great !!!

Overall a nice and basic hotel with no frills ....

Room Tip: Seek rooms on new building on 5th floor, these rooms have a massive size bed !!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear AV_ Surrey,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your sincere feedback. Your kind words about our staff being fantastic, smiling and willing to help will certainly inspire each one to continue to provide the caring service that we are known for.

We appreciate your comments on the breakfast choices, especially for long staying guests. Our F&B team will look into this and will find ways how we can be even more creative to be of better service to you and our guests in the future.

Again, thank you and we look forward to have you once again.

Yours in hospitality,

MARITA A. ARAMBULO

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We were revamped from Moevenpick Cebu to this hotel for my wedding day preparation since Moevenpick embarked a long renovation project.

I had mixed feeling of fear and worry since I have never been to this hotel and we were booked for a total of 3 nights and 2 rooms, 1 for the groom and a 1 bedroom suite for the bride for all the entourage to fit in for the dress up!

All my worries went away during check in, the historical spanish feel of the hotel is strong, wonderful decor in the rooms, comfortable beds and lounge chairs and the view to a wonderful beach. For half the price to the other 5star hotels along the same coastline, this is a great deal! Top it up with amazing service, every requests I made was given. We were so happy we booked a total of 5 more rooms even after the wedding for our relatives to enjoy.

It was a beautiful experience. Thank you Costabella! We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
CTBH, General Manager at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear mrs_wanderlust2007,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind words and feedback.
I will be sure to share this with the entire team.

We look forward to having you and your family back real soon.
Congratulations!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

The booking was denied by the sales representative after I purchased my family airfares, so I was both desperate and upset.
No holidays and no flight reimbursement!
After much email exchanges the hotel reservations found an alternative in a near by hotel at same price, I took that. At the end they contacted me again and confirmed my room at Costabella.
I teavelled with my three kids 12. 4 and 3 so I was a bit concerned of the facilities reading at previous reviews.
The hotel pick up was not flawless ( small car not fit for four people with bags, ask for a van if you travelling with family)
To my surprise at check in I was upgraded to the next level room, a sea side corner suite, it was nicely sized and I could either jump from the balcony or walk two stairs down to the beach. My kids loved it.
Restaurant has a decent menu, most food is Philippine or Asian but taste is really good.
Do not eat there during weekends, too many people!
Staff is very kind and accommodating, very helpful too ( I needed assistance with three kids)
Facilities yes are a bit old but well kept, clean and safety is always a priority there.
There are two life guards in the pool that on top of promptly setting you on a lounger with your clean beach towel they also carefully look at the kids in the water slide.
I'd been in better and worst hotels, but this is one I would definitely return to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new seven storey building or at the sea front. Do not get rooms in the old wi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cosmopolitan67
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The Costabella Resort on Mactan Island, only 15 minutes by taxi from the Cebu airport, is a very good hotel with rooms in different prices. We stayed in a one room suite with balcony and view on the beach. Flat screen tv and mini bar in the room.The service was excellent. The restaurant, with a perfect buffet breakfast and very good dinners, was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite in the higer building with view on 2 sites and
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hermansworld
Reviewed 31 July 2012

A colleague and I stayed here sometime last November. Did not have much time to get around writing a review but finally decided to do so.

Pros: The staff were always helpful and kind. Especially, the waiters and the laundry girls, they were always smiling and were welcoming to us. The food was so-so, we realized that Filipinos love their beef and pork! Being a Hindu, and my colleague being a Muslim, we were unable to touch either without offending the other person. The concierge was especially helpful in arranging for us cars and tours.

Cons: The rooms were musty and dusty. They looked old and badly in need or a MAJOR revamp. On the second day, the toilet broke down and water started flowing out. It was a nightmare. The bed was uncomfy and the pillows were hard. Even though we paid a reasonable amount for the deluxe room, it felt as though we were staying in a motel.

Good quiet location but I hope they renovate the premises soon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends