ALTA Cebu Resort(Cordova)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$42
US$38
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$71
US$61
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$79
Priceline
Dee Guesthouse(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$14
Priceline
Haruhay Dream Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$26
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$46
US$22
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$45
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$50/night.

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$136
US$123
Hotels.com
US$169
  • Pool
All reviewspoolside roomlow tidela marinatable tennisluna barmain restaurantisland hoppinghuge bedrelaxing staylive bandbeach area isresort hotelbreakfast buffetcebu cityfree shuttlejet skiingwhite sand
Reviewed 19 January 2008

First we would like to mention that the hotel advertise themselves as a 4 star hotel when they are a 3 star (very average). They also advertise they have 4 eating/drinks areas when the only have one restaurant. I was expecting a bigger type of resort with a large variety of things to do and nice places to eat. We have been to other lovely hotels in Asia and we were expecting more so we were disappointed .- specially when we booked for 17 nights!

The good points are the staff who are very friendly and professional, the cleaneless, their gardens, their 10am free shuttle bus to the city of Cebu and their Seafood Paella (very delicious and inexpensive).

The bad points were:
1.our room location (we were given a standard room near the security gate - very noisy)
2. buffet breakfast was very limited, always cold and there was no variety (every day we had the same boring thing) - we are not fuzzy eaters.
3. only one restaurant with the same menu during our stay. This is very bad considering that the hotel is isolated from everything else.
4. meal prices and drinks were expensive and we were charged an additional 25% for tax, services free and island fee (this is standard for all hotels).
5. the beach is tiny and sorrounded by a man-made wall so that you don't get hassle by vendor and have privacy. This make the beach very unapealing as we like to have long walks along the beach.
6. Access to the hotel is through a private road and passing 2 security points it's not easy to go out unless you are using a taxi or a shuttle bus.

We won't recommend this hotel unless you enjoy staying mostly at the hotel by the pool and reading a book.

The Andersons

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Carlacarlitos
Reviewed 29 October 2007

I jsut came back from this horrible place last night. We spent 3 nights there and we booked the Standard room but found it was ever so small and nothing to see from the baclony and we asked for an upgrade and finally we have to paid extra 2365PHP(HKD644) to a seaview room after 10% discount, which is alot of money for the standard of room we ever had in my entire life of travelling. the toilet seat was fallen off, bath towel was so filfity have stain on it.
No shuttle bus service to town centre and they arrange a taxi for you and once we got inside the taxi, the taxi driver tried to asked for more money than the hotel staff had told us. Of cousre we refused to pay extra and we found it is normally 60% more than you pay by meter(as we took the taxi back to the hotel by according to the meter). At one time the taxi driver in half way and told us he does not know where the hotel was and asked me to show him the way, luckly I remember my way back to the hotel. If not we will get ripped off again.
What I will say this place do ripped peoples off if you are new in town.
Staff are friendy as they have nothing much to do, most peoples go out for lunch and dinner, cos' the food are limited choice and costy., you have to pay extra from the menu (Tax and Service charge etc.,) and end up 25% more.
NO way I will go to Philippines after ripped off by them in many ways.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank Exeter-Falcon
Reviewed 27 October 2007

We thought we got a good deal when we booked a standard room in this class- A resort for $75. It was a total disappointment! The room was smallish, has faded sheets and curtains and it looks out at an small enclosed area where you can see pipes and the roof of a low building. It was so depressing we asked to be upgraded to a superior room near the pool area where we had to pay an extra $25. It was a little better as the room was more spacious and the sheets were fresh looking. There was no views however as the windows were along a walkway and you have to get out of the room to look at the pool.

The room amenities consisted of just the shampoo and soap. For $100 a night at a supposedly 4-star establishment, you would expect a bit more but that’s all we got. Other hotels we stayed in the Philippines for this kind of money provided at least a toothbrush, toothpaste, slippers, an electric kettle and newspapers. What a stingy hotel, this one!

The hotel is at the end of a long, narrow road and you will need to walk nearly a kilometer to get to the main road. It takes about an hour to get to Cebu City because of the traffic. I expected the hotel to provide a free shuttle as its location is so inconvenient but what it only offers is a one-way shuttle to a Cebu Mall only if there are at least 4 people, and only at 10 am if the van and driver are available.. What concept of hotel service is that?

The hotel’s private beach is nothing to look at, quite small and so uninviting nobody was using it. The buffet breakfast is unimaginative and you would expect them to at least serve some mangoes as Cebu is famous for it.

This hotel is best avoided.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reynaldotan
Reviewed 17 August 2007

My Stay in Costabella, was very enjoyable and very joyful. The service was splendid and the atmosphere very light and peaceful. The food was a bit pricy but the quality was well worth it.

I had stayed in one of the new rooms in the new area of the hotel near the beach side. The view from the balcony was very peaceful and nice, it overlooked the sea and the beach.

The room itself was very pleasing, the bed was comfortable and it was very spacious. I almost felt bad not staying in the hotel most of the time to tour the island of Cebu.

The beach was very nice and the pool, but sometimes there are many guest so a little noisy at times but late in the afternoon and at night it's a fantastic time to drink some tea.

They opened a massage parlor when I had stayed there, I had opted to get a foot massage, it was quite delightful and the atmosphere of the parlor was excelent.

The employees there were always accomadating and pleasing, though I had some problems communicting sometimes it was not much of a problem.

I recommend Costabella to anyone looking for a holdiay by the beach. You will trully enjoy your time there as well as your time in the island of Mactan and Cebu.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank Reiji
Reviewed 3 November 2006

I just spent 5 days and 4 nights at the Costabella Resort and Hotel. I selected a Deluxe Poolside Room expecting it to be a good room. The room in general: size okay but dark with very old furnishings. Termite droppings falling into a pile daily out of the wardrobe, no safe, no alarm clock/radio. The bathroom: black and green mold in the grout as well as totally around the sink faucet, faucet handle, and all along the tub, 8 cracked shower tiles, 2 light bulbs burnt out, water pressure very low. When I asked for a different room I was told that I had to stay there. They did replace the 2 bad bulbs though. I could not find a guest services binder but later realized that there are no services that needed to be listed or described. Rather than provide organized and secure activities (island hopping, jet skiing, etc.) they allow there guests to be shouted at and and harassed by the brokers out at the beach area selling overpriced services. The staff and management, even owners could benefit from training and motivation in how to treat guests and making their experience a good one.

Positives: the grounds and pool are immaculately kept and clean, great sand beach (though you can't swim there because it is too shallow and full of seaweed and rocks).

I should have known when I could not book Plantation Bay and the Shang (where I have stayed before and will recommend those resorts fully) and the agent said that Costabella was open (it was a holiday week). There were few people staying there judging from the number of people at breakfast and around the hotel. In summary, it is the poorest value, I will not stay there again and I recommend anyone else looking for a Mactan Island resort to consider other locations. At 4 star pricing you get 2 star quality and services. Book elsewhere or rearrange your stay.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends