Upon check in we were greeted with a cool face towel and a juice drink. It was great since it was so hot! We've stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and we can see some of the upgrades that they have done. There were 4 of us -
2 adults and 2 children. We had a room with a double bed and a single bed. Our children were still young so they were able to both fit in a single bed. Otherwise, I think 2 older children (10 and up) would struggle to fit in that one single bed. The bathroom was large with a bathtub. There was also a refrigerator and a safe in the room.
The swimming pool was great, although, I should warn you that the slide could be dangerous. Our children, ages 8 and 9, wanted to go down the slide. The lifeguard warned them to go down slowly. If they go too fast they might actually go over the slide. Just watch out for that bit. Otherwise, the swimming pool was great with a bridge over it. The beach was nice with white sand and wicker seating. They had put barriers on the sea. I suppose that made it safer to swim in the water since the waves are just about non-existent near the shore.
The food was great and the menu was extensive.
They also have 2 restaurants and although we ate at the main restaurant my husband was able to order a dish from the other restaurant (they have a different menu). The live band was excellent and their singers had beautiful voices. The breakfast buffet was also very good with lots of choices. We did both - some of us did the breakfast buffet while I ordered a plated breakfast.
The hotel offered shuttle to Cebu city mall, either Ayala or SM, once a day. We used that service to go to Ayala. It only offered one way shuttle but we were fine catching a taxi from the mall back to the hotel. It was a metered taxi.
The hotel also had airport transfer (with a fee) which we used. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We'd stay here again :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming island of Mactan in Cebu is the tropical hideaway of Costabella, a luxury beach resort awarded by the Philippine Department of Tourism with the highest resort classification.An iconic property embraced by white fine sand and shaded by palm trees, Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel is an architectural showcase steeped in history and tradition. Its tastefully-appointed rooms, all 156 of them, beautifully integrate Spanish colonial influences with natural, homegrown materials. Carved stonework, arched doors and charming courtyards are the hallmarks of this timeless place. All accommodations from the modest to luxurious with private balconies offer breathtaking view that is both peaceful and romantic.As the name suggests, Costabella provides travelers and guests with the perfect setting to admire Mactan’s enchanting coastline. This tropical retreat is truly a dream destination for honeymoons and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Costabella Tropical Beach
- Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island