US$146
US$139
  • Pool
Coralli Spa Resort(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$84
Andreotis(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Pool
Anais Bay Hotel(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$89
galahotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$1,062
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Astreas Beach Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewsentertainment teamhalf boardstation pubthomas cookgreat holidayplenty of sunbedswater volleyballmain poolrussian guestsbar stafftoastiespool viewnext yeardifferent theme every nightevening entertainmenthotel managerthemed nights
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I suppose I should have known my memories were not going to be repeated when we checked in...we stayed here about 5 years ago and had a good time and mentioned this when we checked in, the response from the receptionist was that it isn’t the same hotel....too true.....the food wasn’t brilliant and the cleanliness wasn’t great either, however we knew our way around and didn’t let this spoil the cyprus we know and love. We only stayed for a week in October Half Term but wouldn’t go back to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Overpowering chemical smell in the room. Both my husband and myself felt very sick, burning eyes, nose and throat and we were dizzy. I suffer with allergies so it was a health hazard for me.We reported to reception and were told to leave the doors open, 2 hours later the smell was still there! Housekeeping did apologise and explained the strong spray is used to combat the smoking in the rooms! We were offered another room that smelt exactly the same. My husband asked management could we move to another hotel and we would happily pay the difference.request was denied. So we had no choice but to leave, as it was a health issue, I was so upset as this was a mini break for my birthday and now it was ruined. This upset could have all been avoided if the management had been more accommodating, but they did nothing to resolve the issue...the matter is now in the hands of book in.com.

Room Tip: Room nice, smell disgusting
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank juliegregoriou25
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the first time and i will not return again. We were all inclusive but you have to pay 10euros to receive remote for your tv in the room.. you have to pay to use wifi.. pay for bottled water.. pay for certain drinks.. pay for the ice cream unless you want the icecream that's included which is big enough for a baby. The food is basically the same boring stuff. Most days we were stood around waiting for plates. Half the staff dont know what there doing the only nice ones were the bar guy and the bar girl with blonde curly hair. The maid dont clean the rooms properly.. twice we had to go down to reception and ask for clean cups and also towels and toilet roll as they didnt replace them. Give them 3/10 and will not return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophia T
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We recently enjoyed a 2 week half board holiday at tsokkos gardens so much so within 3 days of our return we booked another 2 week half board holiday for 30th September. We found all the staff to be friendly and professional. Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable toiletries, tea, coffee etc were replaced daily. The restaurant and buffet counters were overseen by a restaurant manager and head chef, both very approachable if guests needed anything. Ignore the bad reviews we can’t wait to return

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HazelA123
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Hi..
This review is 6 wks overdue, because TripAdvisor lost my original account. . But here it is now.. sorry.

The reason I put 'undecided ' in the title was I really am 50/50 on this one.
The Hotel is split down the middle with good & bad..
So .. let's tell it as it is. . .
This means a minus,,
This means a plus,,
For the Hotel & my readers.

We arrived at a crazy time of 01:30am. Only the two of us got off the coach, 1 guy on reception which to be fair. . Did his job quickly.
I was a bit surprised not to see any cold drinks available after such a long day travelling for 10 hrs, not compulsory but most hotels do have a cold drinks nowadays.

BREAKFAST.
First morning I just wanted something to eat, most of the usual was there, cereals, fruit, plus the cold meats & the fry ups.
Plates were in general Warm, but not hot, which is better than cold.
Cold fruit juices from a self service machine. . In all

THE HOTEL FOYER.
Entering thru the door & lking to the left it certainly had the WOW factor. Very spacious with comfortable seating all around, and as we found out when the hot weather started. . It was very cooling to sit there.

THE ROOMS.
I can't vouch for all the rooms, but I'm going on the fact that they all seemed to be the same size, if they were like mine. .then Great.
The bed had a topping on it which made it very comfortable & there was 2 pillows,, a medium & a soft, or at least there was in my room.
Absolutely Brilliant view if your on floor 3 or 4, & looking towards the pool & beyond.
Cupboard space fine, tv with 15 channels and a couple of English subtitles if a film is on aftern21:00hrs, or around 6 ish.
for room.
for TV.
There was always hot water for a bath or shower, anti time day or night. Ofcourse might not be the same in the middle of the tourist season. . ?

THE RESTAURANT.
The seating at both area's are very good, Breakfast and lunch is a different area, dinner past the food area.. With soft plush white leather chairs, real class.
It's a shame the restaurant is let down badly with an antiquated system for keeping food HOT..
This type of heating is about 10 yrs out of date..
(More about that later).
The Soup is the BEST I've ever tasted in all the hotels I've been too, Only Spoiled by never, repeat never being hot..

ROOM NUMBERS.
Read this bit carefully. ..
There are 4 sides to the hotel,,each side has a slightly different type of view.
*Front Rd view* gets the sun early morning, &.looks towards the sea.. not directly, but you can just see it in the distance.
The road is used but mostly quiet.
(in shade front 12 noon).
*Rear side view* looks over to next doors Tsokkos hotels pool, mostly quiet with the sun late afternoon belting down onto your balcony.
A nice side to be if you want a quieter evening.
*Pool view* there are 2 sides that look across the pool because the building is L shaped. . One of the sides looks towards Protaras town, gets the sun from 11 am till 4 then it goes into shade.
The *other side* (my room level), lookin right up the length of the pool, seen in my picture,, &, not so many rooms on the shorter corridors, my picture shows the top floor room numbers only.. my room was top floor far right, at the end, this got the sun from about 11, till 18;00hrs. For view & best floor area this is the place to ask for..

LIFTS.
There are two.. and as there are only 4 floors there is hardly any waiting time.. I suggest those who can, walk down to keep fit,,
But use the lift to go up..

ENTERTAINMENTS.
Here we go,, now we're getting to the nitty gritty..
As all my reviews are titled The real Truth, I've got to be honest here..
The mini disco was good for the kids, but although it was mostly English speaking kids there, the action songs they put on were in foreign. . Some of the younger ones hadn't a clue so not very fair for them. But I will give it a because they did seem to like the dancing.
One of my pet hates is having to watch entertainment outside, (that's bad enuf), but trying to be comfortable while sitting on an ordinary cheap plastic garden seat isn't exactly the Bees knees.
Although there was 1 night I thot was good for the adults, the rest of the evening's entertainment most night's was Dire..!! This was reflected by the amount of adults that actually watched at night after the kids mini show..
Not counting the ones who were there just for the drinks, , i counted on average 20 who stayed for the evening show.. this from a hotel that looked about 3 quarters full...?
Any adults who write a review stating the entertainment was good, obviously hasn't been to many hotels is all I can say.. it was mostly done by 2 guys who got friendly with most of the guests so that should give you a clue if they get a good mention. . But I'm not swayed that way..

THE DRINKS PACKAGE.
Unless you payed extra for the branded drinks, the local stuff wasn't the best it could have been, & with it not being real coke didn’t make it any better.
I wanted to buy a Southern Comfort. . They never had it..
I asked for a Drambui 1 night,
They never had it..
A few of the cocktails on the menu weren't available because of not having the mixers..
And another night a guy asked for a Port.. They never had it..
In a nutshell, I'm actually glad I never took the all inclusive option, because it would have been a waste of money. .

THE POOL.
The pool is massive, it's one of the best and biggest I've seen at any hotel I've been too.
With plenty of sunbeds for everyone there is no need for any dummies to get up at 06:00am with a load of towels as there are lots all over the place.. even at 12 noon you can get a bed. But here's the catch. .. there are 2 hotels owned by Mr Tsokkos at each side of this hotel both have smaller pools but there is no deviding fence or wall,, so come July onwards it could fill up very quickly, mind you.. you can use theirs. .

STAFF.
In my opinion, there were far too many, half of them standing around most of the time talking to each other, some would pass your table take a plate away but leave one,,? Some pas by on a walk and not take any empty plate at all..?
We tried to speak with some but again to be honest, they didn't want to have a bit of banter with anybody it seemed to me.. A few were okay but in general terms they could have been a lot friendlier.
But credit where credit is due,, we asked if we couch average more milk & coffee satchels in our room as the maid never left any.. it came within 5 mins, so again it's one lot making up for the minus's of others.

LOCATION OF HOTEL.
Although the hotel is on the edge of Pernera, away from the so called centre, {i say that because there is no much there},, it's practically in between Pernera & Protaras.
It's an easy flat 15 in walk, so the hotel location is good in my oppinion.

THE BIT MANAGERS DON'T LIKE.
But I'm a believer in that if the bosses really want their hotel to be better then they should try and fix the issues people have & have went out of their way to tell them about it,, that way TripAdvisor readers will go rather than not go.
Readers don't want to see management replying. .."We have noted your issues & are looking into the matter... or... "We intend to remedy this fault in the near future.. ect ect.
Saying. . "Your absolutely correct", we will fix this immediately is what customers want to read..
Here goes. .. ⤵}not in any order}.

1.. The food is NEVER hot, I mean never. This is mainly due to your heating system,, as mentioned above. .
No way can a couple of candles under a container keep any food hot. Even more so when customers need to lift the lids to see what's inside.. more heat getting out than a candle below heating up..
2.. your soup is the Best, but never above the warm stage.. I've been on a hygiene course and I can tell you this soup bowl is a real breeding ground for bacteria ..
I even got the chef to tastes one night and he agreed it wasn't good enough. .
3.. I can't understand why you put out so much think chips and chicken nuggets.. when most customers weren't taking them.. they sat there without a lid getting cold..
Customer's were trying an odd chip, felt they were cold then didn't sketch any..
To remedy this.. select a chef to just put out half the amount. Keep an eye on how fast they are going down.. and he can then do another half which will be hot all the time.. plus get a lid of sorts..
4.. Your drinks package needs to be upgraded to twice what you gave now.. and anything on the menu should be available. . Yes you do have enough drinks for those who want to drink vodka and pints all day & night.. but there are others who like something different & better quality. .your various in the corner looks very drab. Always dark.. needs to be brighter lights and bright paint colours, and with hardly any bottles on show it makes a mockery of your beautiful lounge area just 3 steps away..

THE four issue above doesn't sound much from a hotel review, but the ones I have highlighted just happen to be the main one's that people look at before booking. .
Yes we like a good room..
Yes we like a lovely pool.. even better when it's one we can get it like your one..
But the number 1 Or 2 things customers want for their holiday money on all inclusive is not having to go outside for food & drink,, which is xanthine honestly say.. SOME DID..
The way your food is presented brings your hotel down a few rungs of the ladder, with a better drinks package you can only go up.
Also in your favour. . your price for a week isn't that bad, quite fair for what's available.
That's the reason I'm stuck on 50/50 .
I'll leave that for the readers to decide after they have read other reviews on Trip Advisor.
Thanks for any helpful hits I may get for my review. .
It's not always easy to get them when you tell it how it is..
Chill...