Evalena Beach Hotel
US$277
US$253
Alva Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$91
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

US$226
US$172
  • Breakfast included
US$107
US$86
  • Pool
Kapetanios Bay Hotel(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$115
Capo Bay Hotel(Protaras)
US$228
  • Pool
Livas Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$96
Antigoni Hotel(Protaras)
US$181
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$325/night.

Astreas Beach Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$352
TripAdvisor
All reviewstravel kettlewalk in showernight portersgreat refurbpool bar and beach barnewly refurbished hotelthe main stripbed and breakfastcereals pastriescarrier bagrefurbished to an excellent standardtowels changed daily and sheetssuite with sea viewmajor refurbshower floorfew teething problemsair con
Reviewed 16 August 2017

A nice renovated place. I spent 2 nights with my two children during August. Price for very good. Clean hotel, nice pool which I didn't use because of the lack of sunbeds. But the beach a few steps down was a quiet and a perfect spot away from crowds. Food at the place by the beach was very good too especially the pork chops, burgers were just ok. The rooms were kind of small and the balcony tiny. No smoking though even on the balcony!
Cleanliness i would not give it a 5 star but a 3 because when I moved the bed to check i saw a lot of dust and also someone spilled coffee and the stain was never moped. Cleaners should be more careful please!
For two days it was ok, I wouldn't stay more though.
A nice thing is the little shop in the hotel which they sell water and snacks.
Breakfast decent with the basics but 10am they switch off the lights and you need to get out from the breakfast room asap.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Me An my partner recently stayed at this hotel . Could definitely say this is the best hotel I've stayed at! Very modern and clean. Staff very friendly . Staff on the desk very helpful and friendly . This hotel is absolutely spotless! Rooms are cleaned every day. We had a double room with a side view of the sea. Was very quiet this end of the hotel. Could see the sea. Room are very modern and clean. Lots of mirrors An plugs. The plug sockets are like back at home don't have to use adapters . Very handy! Bathroom and shower by far the best I've used abroad , powerful walk in shower. 10/10 for the room! Only went to the pool once . Very busy. Pool not very big , people put towels down on the beds early so never any beds. We went to the beach every day which is right outside the hotel . Nice little beach there sun loungers €2.50 each for all day. Fig tree bay only ten min walk from the hotel ! Very very nice beach! 5/10 min walk to the main town/strip. 15/20 min taxi to aiya napa . Boat trips go from the little harbour right outside the hotel. Would recommend doing this. Over all would defo return to this hotel. Brill ! Couldn't fault it! Excellent location!

Stayed: August 2017
6  Thank shelleywrexham5
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This is our third year staying at Evalena and our first year staying after the refurbishment had been done. I have already written a review for the old hotel but feel it necessary to write another for the new hotel.

The room- We booked a 'family suite' as there was two adults and two children but we all ended up sleeping in the same room in very close proximity to each other. We were aware of this as we had contacted the hotel beforehand but we didn't realise quite how bad it would be. None of the rooms have bedrooms so it is usually better to book two twin rooms instead. I (aged 20) ended up sharing a room with my Mother and two younger brothers (aged 16 and 8). I would like to point out that the beds (and the foldaway beds that me and my brother had to sleep on) are quite comfy and do allow for a good nights sleep.
The first thing I noticed about the refurb is that they no longer used traditional keys but rather card keys. Not only do these let you into your rooms but must also be placed into the slot next to the door to allow you to have electricity. I'm assuming this was put in to save on electricity but you are only allowed one card per room which is inconvenient if one room member wants to go out whilst the others are asleep (i.e. Morning or night).
The rooms no longer have a kitchen area (so no kitchen appliances) and come with a small "tabletop" fridge which you have to pay €2 per day for. The fridges are not very good and do not keep things very cold. The hotel appear to be aware of the problem but I am unsure if they are sorting it out or not.
The hotel appears to be more noisy than out last two visits. You can hear everything that happens in the corridor including others knocking on doors and footsteps coming from every floor.
On a positive note, the maid service do an excellent job cleaning the rooms and are quite friendly. There is a choice for "do not disturb" and they will come back later to clean your room.

The pool- the pool appears to be a lot smaller than last year, meaning that is crowded for a good part of the day. There are a lot of children (which didn't bother us) but they did appear to disturb the couples who had come without children. It is also near impossible to get a sun bed (which is not the hotels fault). My mother witnessed multiple people coming out at 4am to place towels on the sun beds which means that if you are wanting a bed, you need to 'reserve' it as early as possible. The hotel, are also addressing this problems as it is apparent that people are putting towels on sun beds and leaving the hotel for the day. (Don't be one of those people...)
When we first arrived, we were also given 4 towel cards which basically allow you to rent a towel each from the hotel but this is all explained when you arrive.
There is also a small bar near the pool which serves alcohol, cocktails, soft drinks, fresh juice and milkshakes.

The breakfasts runs from 7-10am (I think) and it includes a big buffet of sweet and savoury food including a full English, continental and pancakes. The food was lovely every morning so there are no complaints there. Sometimes, the cold food (such as croissants and bread) had ran out at around half 9 so it is best to get there earlier. The waiters/waitresses also came over to ask you if you wanted a tea or coffee as you were not allowed to get them yourself.
The food at the seafront cafe was also as lovely as ever and the staff always tried to cater for our needs. The staff are very prompt and are also there when you need them. They are quick to clear up when everyone has finished their meals and are very pleasant and happy to chat.

The hotel contains a small shop which sells food, drink, beachwear and pool accessories (lilos etc). Both of the ladies who work in the shop are very friendly and nice to speak to.

There appears to be a mix of staff at the hotel but I have found the majority are very friendly and willing to help, particularly the seafront cafe staff, the receptionists and the staff who work in the small shop.

Although this sounds like a negative review, I did not have a negative experience here. I love this hotel and the refurbishment and would not hesitate to come back again next year. Every hotel has a down side and it's a shame to have to highlight them in this review but in all honesty, it is a good hotel, the refurbishment is great and our whole family have enjoyed this holiday. The main thing that spoilt it was the people staying here, reserving sun beds and generally being inconsiderate which is not the fault of the hotel.

Excursions we recommend- Dolphin Submarine, Dolphin Safari (which was amazing), Water Walking (giant inflatable balls in a pool of water, great for kids) and Mini Golf.

Restaurants we recommend- Red Indian, Evalena seafront cafe, Anatolia steak house

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We are staying at the Evalena Hotel as I'm writing this review. The hotel is very modern and spotless, though as my wife said "it's very clinical" a few nice colourful pictures on the walls would break up the sheer whiteness that is evident down each corridor.
A nice gentle stroll and 10 mins later you are stood on the main strip of Protaras where you will find an array of lovely restaurants.
At this moment in the time the weather is extremely hot and sometimes too hot to walk long distances as we like to do as a family whilst on holiday.
I've read a few comments about guests reserving sun loungers around the pool area and this is something that really irritates me. Earlier this week, at 6am, 2 people put their towels on the comfy loungers right next to the pool. We saw them sat there for no more than an hour later in the morning then they disappeared for the rest of the day leaving their towels on the loungers so no one else could use them. Later in the day, we saw at least 6 people searching for an empty sun lounger and you could see the frustration on their faces when all the loungers were "so called taken". Watching from my balcony at approx 6pm, one of the hotel staff cleaned the pool area and removed the towels in question. Now at this time of year, lots of families are here and I find it damn right disgusting that some people have no consideration for others by reserving sun loungers.
The hotel management need to sort this and quickly especially at this time of year. It wouldn't take much sorting, a few simple signs around the pool asking guests not to reserve sun loungers. Also the staff working on reception should point this out to ALL guests as they check in.
Apart from the issue with the reservation of sun loungers, the Evalena Hotel is ideally located and is a stones throw away from the beach. I agree with other travellers, I can see this hotel being upgraded to at least a 4**** soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Howard B
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The evalena is beautiful after its refurb. The rooms are lovely - We had a super king size bed, modern bathroom with a walk in shower, towels changed daily and we were overlooking the pool.
The breakfast was good, lots of variety and served from 7-10am which we thought was fine.
The first couple of days were a bit silly around the pool, with no sun beds but plenty of towels around! I actually saw people saving beds from 5 in the morning (snoring husband so I was sat on the balcony). And it was the Brits that were saving them - this settled down and beds were available - lovely pool area with a beach bar.
The staff were efficient yet friendly.
The location of the Evalena is brilliant- right on the beach within easy reach of the bars and restaurants, and also a 15 minute walk on the board walk to Pernera.
Absolutely no complaints and would return tomorrow

Room Tip: Pool views have the sun In the mornings and the street view get the afternoon and early evening sun.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple