Hotel Ostria(Kalamata)
US$77
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Horizon Blu(Kalamata)
US$107
US$100
Bookgreece.com
Petra Thea(Kalamata)
All reviewsmessinian baywedding partyswimming poolpleasant staysea viewkalamata citybalconycrystalmattresses
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Hi dear travelers!
I 've been in this hotel 15 yrs ago! Little has changed in terms of renovation since then. One is willing to forgive, because the position and the view are magnificent!
BUT, do NOT go in this hotel during weekends! Do Not choose the rooms with swimmiing pool view unless you made sure that there is no wedding party sceduled for the weekend.
Otherwise you 'll be tortured till 4:00 am by the screams and music of he party! There is no way of complaining, the receptionist will politely tell you that all will be over soon!
Anyway at 4:30 am the bride was screaming that we ruined her wedding party ( ... and they lived happily everafter!)
I visited the hotel for a short weekend holiday. I have a demanding job and i cannot spare more days. This hotel is forbiding for short escapes from June till October.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Basic and good value hotel with swimming pool and private rocky beach
If they upgrade the mattress I will go again
Basic breakfast too
Nice location
Few staff serving
Average but decent rooms
Holidays on a budget. Yes

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Over the years I have stayed many times in this hotel and had many friends stay there too. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, the meals good, the service more than friendly, the view fantastic and very democratic (all rooms same view) the sea right at the doorstep crystal clear and the city close by. When there are wedding receptions it gets a bit loud. What makes this hotel such a great choice is that all services are of the same high quality and the price is absolutely worth it and affordable for a family.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthousa E
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Big family room, with one double bed and a berth, which was very nice for the children. Clean room but small bathroom. The staff was very pleasant. The breakfast was good especially the traditional lalagi. All the rooms have a view to sea and Kalamata's city. Near to the hotel has a very good fish restaurant. I definetely recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Horrible experience! Beware.

This hotel is run by dishonest corrupt Greeks. They are just looking to make fast money and will lie to people and they have no conscience and zero professionalism.
We booked our wedding at The Messinian Bay in Kalamata Greece in July 2016.
They did not want a deposit as our wedding date was the following July 2017 and the owner Dimitris said it was still early and not necessary. He said he would reach out closer to the date for a deposit after January. He assured me that our date was secured and that our guests could begin making reservations.
I had received a contract/proposal outlining the menue, drinks, room rates and all the details and pricing.
Our friends and families made reservations with them including us.
After a month we had a few questions for the hotel. We needed to sort out a few details with the music and the overall reception. For 6 weeks straight I sent emails, made phone calls to the hotel as well as to the owners personal cell phone asking and then pleading for them to please call us back. We simply had some questions we needed answered. Not once did we hear back. I couldn't sleep from the anxiety I felt not knowing what was happening with our wedding. I spent so much money in long distance calls contacting the owner Dimitris and the hotel.
It took my cousin travelling to Kalamata from Athens and pressing them to call me. After 3 days of her speaking with the Manager of the hotel I finally heard from them. They informed me that they had another group book that was larger than our wedding therefore they were not able to accommodate our wedding afterall. The owner Dimitris did not have the decency to call me back himself. He did not have the decency to be honest and upfront with us and explain the situation so that we could have come up with a back up plan.
I never heard back from him at all. From someone that works in the hotel industry and has for several years, this is unacceptable and would never happen in North America.
They knew exactly why they did not want to accept our deposit. They had known all along that there was the possibility of a larger piece of business coming in which this I can understand. What is unacceptable is leaving people hanging for 6 weeks and ignoring their phone calls and messages.
This hotel is a family run operation and they do not understand the concept of being a professional in business. The are unethical, they lie, and you cannot trust what they tell you.
I will warn everyone to stay away from this hotel. Our experience was horrible.

Stayed: July 2016