“The Chicken Tikka Nachos are to die for 😁”
Review of Top Brink inn

Top Brink inn
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Todmorden
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our family-owned free house – a traditional pub and restaurant situated in the countryside between Hebden Bridge and Todmorden, enjoying unspoiled views and within close proximity of the Pennine and Calderdale Way.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Travelled from Lytham to celebrate belatedly my mother's birthday, and the décor, atmosphere is fantastic, abit of Lancashire and a bit of Yorkshire all subtlety blended.

Had to make amendments to the booking prior to arrival and was accommodated, service was on point and for someone who also works in hospitality it is great to see other establishments have such finesse and high attention to their guests and their general service.

The Chicken Tikka Sharing Nachos are to die for, a must buy if you go, I've never seen, and eaten such good nachos, what is your secret?

Our server Paula was gracious, attentive and did the small talk so perfectly well, not too much and not too little. I am half tempted to poach her for our place in Lytham. If the only reason to come back to Top Brink is for the service from Paula then it is a date.

The Top Brink Inn
10/10
A**
The jewel of Todmorden.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (513)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived and got seating straight away waited 25 minutes and had numerous waitresses walk past was not even offered a drink or food order taken. Other guests has been waiting over an hour without food and a couple next to us had drinks but no order taken . Atmosphere was getting a little strained in the conservatory so we left without any service . Travelled over half an hour to get there too. They had plenty of waitresses and knew who was coming in for meals so should have been ready for it . Will not return and they must up their game or will struggle to stay open . First couples meal out in over a year and was totally ruined .

1  Thank LeeP2698
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was amazing, the pub was lovely and the staff were really attentive and friendly!

I had the cumberland sausage and mustard mash and it was so nice!

Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

As a fist post-lockdown visit this was a complete letdown. Very middle-of-the-road food, long wait time, disappointing service and won't be rushing back

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 15 April 2021

It's a beautiful drive and a beautiful location, enhanced for me by the warm and sunny day. An hour of unmitigated pleasure at Top Brink Inn.

We were the first there, that seems to always be the case where food is involved. We had pre-booked, which seemed to be the sensible option and our conversation with the staff seemed to indicate that this made matters easier for them. Just for fuller information, some people who hadn't booked also turned up and were quickly and easily accommodated, so I would suggest that you shouldn't be put off by the system. In any case, the staff were just so, "on it", that nothing could have been too much trouble, They had obviously put in a lot of work and preparation to ensure that things went smoothly and safely, making Covid safe practice to be a gentle experience and obviously shouldering all of the extra burden so that I, the customer was only there to enjoy.
We were served by Olivia, who, we decided had beautiful eyes. This was of course the only part of her face which was visible because she and all of the staff were careful to mask up appropriately. Everyone seemed to have a demeanor which, although they were socially distanced, created a different intimacy and banter... Well done staff.. Olivia was very aware of her role in making service pleasant and keeping everything safe.
Now my wife of 49 years, (did I mention that already), had the chicken breast, Fortunately, the sauce plentiful so I was able to help her with the excess. Delicious. I had the Steak and Taylor's pie, (Taylor's is one of their ales). I can recommend it, but I don't want to because their menu at the moment is superb. It is worth a good reading. I think that their adaptation is good. Great variety and well presented food articulated on disposable menus so that there is no virus risk.
Altogether, our visit to the Top Brink was delightful and it is on my 5 star list
Well worth a visit