“Nice, clean, comfortable”

Ramada the Hague Scheveningen
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Scheveningen
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Ramada Scheveningen in October.
It's a nice clean hotel right in the centre of Scheveningen very close to the Hague.
The rooms are small but very clean and well laid out. They looked like they had been recently renovated. The bathroom had a full bath and a low level highlight which is very useful.
The hotel WiFi is fast and supported streaming. There were no restrictions on numbers of devices.
The bed was really comfortable, the room.had blackout blinds and was quiet.
The hotel breakfast was OK. Nice coffee, a good selection, but the scrambled egg was a bit dry.
The hotel has a nice bar in reception. Dinner is limited but there are lots of restaurants within 5 mins walk.
The hotel is easy to get to. It's about 20mins from Den Haag Central Station and 5mins from the World Forum conference centre.
Good hotel for solo business traveller.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel, at first we couldn't find the parking, but my friend hopped out and asked reception who were so lovely and opened up the garage for us! So the garage is perfectly safe because even I couldn't find it!

Once in we were allocated our own space, which was lovely.

We got to our room, which was pristine. The only issue was that for a twin room the beds were pressed right against each other, and could only be moved a tiny bit due to the fixed bedside tables. It's probably me being British, maybe that's how European hotels do things! But we dealt with it ok, we moved them apart enough. Plug sockets right by the bed for easy phone charging and has a tv with both English and Dutch tv. (Obviously only freeview channels! Don't expect Sky or anything.) but Tv isn't what you go on holiday for right?

The bathroom was ace! The door is actually a part of the wall. You ease the wall to the side and the bathroom is there. No lock, but lovely facilities (only beef is that the shower often went quite cold, and I couldn't find any way of adjusting the water to be hotter. So it was warm, then for a second or two it goes cold, then a few seconds after that it gets really hot. I freaked out at the cold part, then enjoyed the really hot part. So it's a rollercoaster experience! But it's an Eco-friendly hotel. So I presume that's the issue with the water.) fresh towels everyday.

When we went out the door would often not shut, so we unlocked it using the card, to then pull the handle down to shut it. And it then let off an awful alarm sound. So leaving was quite tricky, but that only happened now and then!

The hotel staff at reception were so incredible. I'm not sure of her name Mundik or something? She was absolutely amazing. She always had a laugh with us when we did something silly.

(When we didn't know how to shut the door, or find the car park, or left the euros in the room, or when my friend got attached by a seagull. she was perfect.

We went into Amsterdam and The Hague and the staff were so helpful and told us everything we needed to know about transport, even sold tram tickets at reception.

The menu was a little boring but plenty of restaurants around the beach, which may I add is only 30 seconds from the hotel. The tram/bus is literally right outside. They even gave us recommendations on which restaurants to go to.

Upon leaving we left a €20 at reception for their exceptional service and the lady was shocked. As though they don't get many tips. Which is a shame because they DEFINITELY deserve it.

Wouldn't stay anywhere else, will be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Perfect! Could not have wished for a better hotel, hospitality was beyond reproach. Accommodation was royal. Well situated in the town center with all amenities at hand the price was acceptable. When in Scheveningen again we will certainly make use of the Ramada Hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Did an overnight stay at this Ramada and the staff was very open and friendly. Most spoke English very well and had a lot of good suggestions on places to eat. When we needed to extend our parking they easily accommodated us, allowing for an extra three hours while we concluded a sporting event. Location is close to everything necessary for a good time, only a few minutes walk to the boardwalk, carousel, bungee jump & zip lines. Pricy but you can park and leave your car for the entire visit. Would stay here again and recommend to anyone wanting to be at the beach.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was just what I was looking for when visiting Scheveningen. I felt the hotel had decent rates considering it was the dead of summer in a beach town. Short walking distance to the beach, shops and restaurants. It was right on the tram line so it was easy to get here from Schiphol Airport and then easy to get a train into Amsterdam for the next leg of my trip.

My room was not ready at check-in but the staff was very apologetic and comped me a drink while I waited. I did not realize that the rooms with steam showers were on first floor. I don't like first floor rooms so the front desk staff was very accommodating and was able to move me to a room on the upper floor.

Although the rooms were small, they were clean and modern. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scheveningen
0.4 km away
0.8 km away
Andante Hotel
Andante Hotel
#13 of 24 in Scheveningen

Been to Ramada the Hague Scheveningen? Share your experiences!