“Disappointing, the bold flavours are gone..”

Songkran Thai Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 133 Restaurants in St. Albert
Reviewed 2 March 2020

A delightful Thai restaurant with a bright and well decorated interior. Parking is abit difficult in the front of the building as it is small. The menu has many selections from stirfries, soups and numerous noodle dishes. There are alcoholic drinks and the menu also has a dessert section. We choose 3 separate dishes, pad Thai, cashew stirfry and a glass noodle dish. Each dish was freshly made with a good balance of vegetables and enormous portions. The service was delightful, quick and very helpful. My last visit was very successful as the curries were flavorful, so I was expecting the same this time. This time the bold flavours were gone. The herbs, fresh chillis and deep flavours of the meat were missing in all our dishes. This is so DISAPPOINTING and unfortunately, this will be our last visit.

Date of visit: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

We had the shrimp salad roll appetizer -4 tools with peanut sauce was great for 2 people. Main courses were curry with seafood and teriyaki chicken, both served with coconut rice. Curry was just the right level of heat. Teriyaki sauce was good, but not great. Wine was reasonably priced.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

This was my second visit to Songkran, I enjoyed it so much. I’ve recently become aware of an msg allergy, and was thrilled to find out that it isn’t used. I ordered green curry with beef and coconut rice. It was the perfect size, delicious and arrived hot.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 12 October 2019 via mobile

One of my favorite Thai places ever. Great service and outstanding cuisine. I order from here on a regular basis.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Friendly staff, good food options; just off St. Albert Tr and St. Anne . Parking a bit tricky but possible on street as well.

Date of visit: July 2019