Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Agoda.com
US$95
View deal
Free cancellation until 02/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$180
ZenHotels.comUS$212
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2019

The staff at this hotel are very helpful even thou they have limited English. When booking we asked to be picked up at the train station by the hotel shuttle and this did not happen. We caught the local bus to the hotel and there is a bus stop right outside. We did book and use the hotel shuttle back to the train station and the driver was very helpful. There are numerous cafes at the back of the hotel but not all of them were open each night. The fireworks on the lake were a highlight as well as the walking path around the lake.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

Hotel provides free shuttle bus from Toya JR station to hotel. Do send email to them to secure the timing in advance . The hotel is about 20 min distance from JR station. Saves the trouble of finding ur own transport to the hotel if you don’t drive. The hotel also provides shuttle bus back to JR station.

Room is average with big window with lake view . Waiting for the night field fire work. Room is old dated , abit worn off, but to us is ok .

Dinner is good too . We ordered a family private Osen at 3000 yen.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JoyJoy02
Reviewed 6 June 2019

This is a 2-star Japanese-style onsen (hot spring) hotel right on Lake Toya with stunning views of the lake, its volcanic hill-island in the middle and snow-capped mountains beyond. The hotel offers a range of accommodation including dorm-style and family rooms with shared bathrooms. The main attraction is the onsen or public baths within the hotel supplied by the natural hot springs in the area - alas, we did not venture into that since we were not sure of the protocol and there was nobody to explain. However, everybody else in the hotel was walking around in their bath kimonos so I guess they used the hotel to its maximum value.

We had booked a lake view room with proper beds (not tatami on the floor) which also had an area for floor seating and additional futons, so the room was reasonably large. There was a compact but fully functional bathroom attached (like on a cruise ship!). While the room was comfortable the lobby looked like a shabby old-style shopping centre while the corridors were long and gloomy.

Set dinner consisting multiple plates and an elaborate buffet breakfast were included in the tariff which were quite varied and delicious .

Room tip: Lake view rooms is a must.
Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AgeOfAquarius
Reviewed 28 December 2018

Visited this Hotel June 2018. After i did some research where to stay nearby Toya Lake, finally choose this Hotel. However, i didn't regret it. This place is better than expected. The nice view from our Room. The fabulous view at lake toya can be seen from our Room. At night every 8.45pm, there will be firework show in the summer season. The shows can be seen clearly from our Room that whats make our stay more memorable. Our room has a coffee machine, that can be a morning friend while see the Lake TOya View from the room.
For the Onsen, the hotel itself offer many variant place for the guest to spend time at their onsen place. The Breakfast was quite good. It offer many variety type of food although its not international buffet, however it has satisfied my taste bud. The Lychee was very delicious. It was sweet, juicy and the size is not too small. The Kaiseki Dinner was brilliant too. Because i booked for 3 rooms for 12 people, for dinner time the staff arrange a place for us to eat together. However, for smaller group of people, the dinner will be take place at their own room.
This hotel also have their own shop for those who want to buy Hokkaido snack and souvenir. At the same level as the receptionist, the hotel has small arcade game. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. Especially the receptionist who can speak chinese, however i forgot her name. The staff who serve our Dinner also friendly too. This hotel also offer shuttle service from the hotel to the Toya Station, which is can save our money for the transport.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

I’m traveling alone. Before I arrive, I read the reviews here and was quite worried . I’m staying for 2 nights from 04-06 Nov. Booked directly from their Japanese website for the cheapest Mountain View room with 2 meals, only JPY7,200 per night including taxes. It’s quite a good deal for an onsen hotel at Lake Toya . Most onsen hotel either don’t accept solo traveler or its super expensive for room with 2 meals. I would recommend u to check the hotel Japanese version website for such deals. Take into consideration this is a very small town . Food options might be limited. So room with 2 meals is a good choice for me. ( breakfast and dinner ) :) , if u drive , then maybe it’s more convenient for food search.

How to get to the hotel from JR Toya: please email the hotel after u make your room booking . They have free bus/van to pick u up at the JR Toya station. Pickup time starts 2pm. I emailed the hotel but didn’t get any responses or confirmation , so I have made preparations to take the paid shuttle bus from the JR station . To my pleasant surprise , hotel sent a driver to pick me up at the station , and I was the only one he’s suppose to pick up ! so I had a personal driver , just like what u see in Japan hour , from train station to onsen place hehe , good start to the overall experience. Driver uncle was very friendly and tried to explain the view that I see along the way up to the mountain .... my Japanese is limited , his English is limited too, I appreciate his effort and we still manage to understand each other . He’s a treasure for solo traveler like me.

Check in: was smooth and seamless. Physical key is issued... and some papers on the important things u need to take note. They will ask u what time u want to have your dinner And dinner coupon is issued. Next day dinner u have to choose and collect again the next day.

Room: retro is the word I would use. Very basic , not the usual hotel deco that u are used to. Functional and spacious room space , not the cleanest room I’ve been to but still acceptable.:) toilet is very small by Japan standard. Basically I only use the toilet bowl. All My bathing is done at the onsen place . Bed is ok , but pillow can be better.

Onsen place is Convenient and u have all the cream, lotion , dressing table , powerful hairdryer, shampoo , conditioner , facial wash.... most of my stay here I am in my Yukata, cos it’s the most convenient dressing around the hotel. My schedule is :
04 Nov : check in , onsen , dinner , onsen , sleep.
05 Nov : wake up , Onsen, breakfast , activity , lunch , onsen , pack luggage , dinner , onsen
06 Nov: wake up, onsen , breakfast , check out

Most of the time I’m not in my room , so though room is not of a modern standard , I’m totally fine.

Staff: hmmm I didn’t see any rude staff. All staff that I have encountered are helpful and polite . I need to book a bus ride from hotel to my next stop Sapporo , bus is much cheaper than JR train, this required calling Donan bus company to reserve a seat. I didn’t do it in Singapore , one day before I check out , I just approach the front desk and they help me to call and have it settled! :)

Food: breakfast is buffet style cos I think they have to accommodate for large tour group. Food is good, their yogurt taste awesome. Should try ! Dinner is individual Japanese set, based on the current season ingredients. I love it ! There’s sashimi, sukiyaki, little side dishes , one main dish , chawamushi,and dessert . Rice and miso soup is free flow.

Overall, I had a pretty good experience in this hotel. Love it. Will stay again if I’m in lake toya again. Till next time....I’ll miss this place

Date of stay: November 2018