Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$392
Hotels.comUS$392
eDreams
PricelineUS$392
TravelocityUS$392
Orbitz.comUS$392
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

I went with my family for 3 day winter holiday. The rooms pretty good and the facilities are also good.

Unfortunately the last day when we had breakfast, one of the hotel staff didnt allow us to enter the breakfast hall because we were told we didnt have enough vouchers.

In fact we already gave the voucher to that staff.

I was very angry and decided to confront the manager for that particular incident.

The manager was nice and gave us a new set of vouchers.

This hotel was used for G8 summit but they already forgot gow to treat regular tourist like us. Will never go back to this hotel again

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wjliyanto
Reviewed 12 December 2018

The hotel design is a little dated, but the facilities are all in good condition. Rooms were comfortable for a Japanese hotel, which is to say that there is sufficient floor space to open up large suitcases and still have space to walk around the beds and luggage. Bathroom was also spacious.

We did not ask for lake view rooms, so our rooms faced the adjacent golf course and Uchiura Bay, and the views were arguably just as nice.

I noticed an unusually high percentage of staff who were trainees. Some of them come from China, who were no doubt meant to serve the Chinese clientele. Unfortunately some of them have not been properly trained, and at one dinner the waitress simply plopped the food down in front of us and left without any explanation.

But what upset me has got to be the typical Japanese by-the-book attitude. One morning I was outside taking photographs, and needed to take a hot shower before breakfast. The Japanese set breakfast at EC Lounge has 9:30 as the time for last order. My cousin and girlfriend went to have breakfast there, and informed the staff that I will be coming down shortly and asked them to save me one breakfast set. I showed up at the door at 9:34, and the staff told me that "You cannot eat here", even though my companions are in the restaurant. No apology for the inconvenience. Basically just told me to go away and go somewhere else.

I know that in Japan people do things "by the book", so the staff was perfectly within his right to refuse to serve me. However, what he forgot was that he works in the hospitality industry, and his attitude was anything but hospitable. Especially when he had been told in advance that another person was coming.

So what would have been a 5* review for this hotel is now 3*.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank Peech
Reviewed 19 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel trumps with killer view. I stayed at junior suite facing lake on level 10. The view is unparalleled. You can see the entire lake unobstructed from your room and bathroom. The view alone is 5 stars. Now let’s talk about the not so good. This is a big hotel, a lot of people. Although non smoking, I can smell cigarette smoke in the hall and lifts. Maybe from years ago when non smoking restriction was not imposed. The smell is not strong, you get used to it fairly quickly. The non-French restaurants were all booked out while I was there. So you have to make reservation prior to your arrival. There is nothing to eat outside the hotel. Actually there is nothing outside the hotel, it’s on top of a mountain by itself. I ended up getting room service, waited an hour. Got ten pieces of sushi for 8000 yen. Average sushi, expensive. Ok, the public onsen is not good at all. Having just been to Noguchi Noboribetsu and Hakodate, the onsen at Toya is small. It has in indoor hot pool and cold pool, and the outdoor pool alternates between male and female daily. The onsen water is warm, around 38 deg tops. It is colder than the shower water. And it’s packed with people all the time. The onsen experience is really sub par. Bit disappointed given my trip is about visiting the best onsen in Hokkaido. But like a real estate agent, location location location. The killer view still earns 5 star even if the onsen is poor and the gymnasium is tiny.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Georgeaussyd
Reviewed 15 November 2018

We visited the Windsor Hotel in November, sadly just a few days after the full colours of the fall had shown themselves. But the hotel more than makes up for any deficiencies in climate or season.
Upon entering the hotel, one is struck by the magnificent, immense lobby with beautiful views over Lake Toya. But for as large as the lobby is, it is a quiet place of understated elegance that allows one to connect directly with the surrounding nature.
Our room was also a pleasant surprise - comfortable and large - with all the appointments one might expect of a 5 star hotel.
The hotel abounds with services, too. There is a Japanese style sauna, a very adequate gym, and excellent restaurants.
In all, it is the perfect place to get away from it all and enjoy the beauty of nature. I recommend the hotel highly; my only regret being that I had only one night to stay there.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank Serge G
Reviewed 1 November 2018

This was a main hotel for the G8 Summit in 2008, thanks to its amazing views and relative isolation on a mountaintop, for security. On one side you'll see the Pacific Ocean. On the other is the Lake Toya caldera, with it's adjacent active volcanoes.

The downside is being a half-hour's drive from Toyako Onsen, the nearest city. Also, when you check in, the staff will badger you to make restaurant reservations.

The bakery here is top notch, so the hotel is good for drives and picnics even if you're not staying here.

Date of stay: December 2017