5 people are viewing this hotel
US$267
Free cancellation until 25/08/22
US$389
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$253
Hotels.comUS$389
Trip.comUS$391
PricelineUS$312
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2019

Sitting on the edge of a caldera overlooking Lake Toya, this is a beautiful property with magnificent views.
We took a suite and aside from the bathroom being windowless and therefore, fairly dark, could find no fault with anything and enjoyed the floor to ceiling windows with views to forever.
Dined in both the French and the Japanese Teppanyaki restaurants and enjoyed fabulous food and service.
I do understand other comments re: staff attitude but am of the opinion that if one uses good manners, attempts to speak a word or two of Japanese, smiles etc., you'll receive the great service extended to us.

Room tip: Take lake view rooms - breathtaking
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2019

I have been to japan several times & stayed at a range of hotels all over the country and always enjoyed excellent hospitality & friendly service, however, this hotel is a glaring exception. There was no attempt by the reception staff & management to give us any sort of briefing about the services & amenities the hotel provided.
Some staff were friendly and attentive, but not those in a position of authority. I am aware English is not spoken much in this country but a 5 star hotel with these prices at least could be committed to ensuring that guests feel welcome & that their needs & concerns are addressed.
I felt discriminated against because I wasn’t Japanese. We were here for 2 nights and we were very happy to leave.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael b
Reviewed 24 January 2019

Very nice service from the concierge. The valet service is superb. Room was luxury spacious with nice view of the sea.
Access to the snow activities were great.

The new year special buffet dinner wasn't impressive as the price.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sapteo
Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

I went with my family for 3 day winter holiday. The rooms pretty good and the facilities are also good.

Unfortunately the last day when we had breakfast, one of the hotel staff didnt allow us to enter the breakfast hall because we were told we didnt have enough vouchers.

In fact we already gave the voucher to that staff.

I was very angry and decided to confront the manager for that particular incident.

The manager was nice and gave us a new set of vouchers.

This hotel was used for G8 summit but they already forgot gow to treat regular tourist like us. Will never go back to this hotel again

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2018

The hotel design is a little dated, but the facilities are all in good condition. Rooms were comfortable for a Japanese hotel, which is to say that there is sufficient floor space to open up large suitcases and still have space to walk around the beds and luggage. Bathroom was also spacious.

We did not ask for lake view rooms, so our rooms faced the adjacent golf course and Uchiura Bay, and the views were arguably just as nice.

I noticed an unusually high percentage of staff who were trainees. Some of them come from China, who were no doubt meant to serve the Chinese clientele. Unfortunately some of them have not been properly trained, and at one dinner the waitress simply plopped the food down in front of us and left without any explanation.

But what upset me has got to be the typical Japanese by-the-book attitude. One morning I was outside taking photographs, and needed to take a hot shower before breakfast. The Japanese set breakfast at EC Lounge has 9:30 as the time for last order. My cousin and girlfriend went to have breakfast there, and informed the staff that I will be coming down shortly and asked them to save me one breakfast set. I showed up at the door at 9:34, and the staff told me that "You cannot eat here", even though my companions are in the restaurant. No apology for the inconvenience. Basically just told me to go away and go somewhere else.

I know that in Japan people do things "by the book", so the staff was perfectly within his right to refuse to serve me. However, what he forgot was that he works in the hospitality industry, and his attitude was anything but hospitable. Especially when he had been told in advance that another person was coming.

So what would have been a 5* review for this hotel is now 3*.

Date of stay: December 2018